2023/2024 Gold Coast Draft & Trade periods

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not good. Balme has a history of stealing our players and we know they will go hard for Luko/Ranks over the next 12 months.

In my opinion, I don't think that the Crows will have anything of interested in terms of trade capital. It would have to be a very heavy trade (pick 4 plus multiple extras in terms of A-grade mature players) to get Luko or Rankine out of the Suns. However, I suspect that GC would be after high quality developed players to support the young guns that you have coming through, which Adelaide does not have at the moment. Hence why I don't think that Adelaide will be able to excite any trade for either Luko or Rankine this year.

I would be more concerned next year, if they haven't signed a contract extension by the bye. In saying that though, other than through reading the overly excitable Adelaide newspaper, what indications have Luko or Rankine given that they want to leave? And what indication have they given that they would want to go to the Crows?

For the record, I don't think Port will be able to afford GC's asking price either, at a minimum GC would expect Butters or Rozee or Duursma and picks or Ladhams and multiple high picks, which I don't think that Port would give up. The speculation has been around King, Luko and Rankine returning "home" since their draft night. It is actually poor media spin.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In my opinion, I don't think that the Crows will have anything of interested in terms of trade capital. It would have to be a very heavy trade (pick 4 plus multiple extras in terms of A-grade mature players) to get Luko or Rankine out of the Suns. However, I suspect that GC would be after high quality developed players to support the young guns that you have coming through, which Adelaide does not have at the moment. Hence why I don't think that Adelaide will be able to excite any trade for either Luko or Rankine this year.

I would be more concerned next year, if they haven't signed a contract extension by the bye. In saying that though, other than through reading the overly excitable Adelaide newspaper, what indications have Luko or Rankine given that they want to leave? And what indication have they given that they would want to go to the Crows?

For the record, I don't think Port will be able to afford GC's asking price either, at a minimum GC would expect Butters or Rozee or Duursma and picks or Ladhams and multiple high picks, which I don't think that Port would give up. The speculation has been around King, Luko and Rankine returning "home" since their draft night. It is actually poor media spin.
Just needs other clubs to help facilitate a trade.

One thing I hope we learn from GWS and that is try and achieve fair trade value for players that want to leave our club. (Lets hope we can keep the players we need to succeed) Otherwise all we are doing is strengthening the opposition sides that could potential take a finals spot from us in the future. GWS has clearly out performed us in this area. Hats off to them. I just feel our track record isn't great. I know we are in a difficult market but we need to be more diligent moving forward. As a club we need to be improving in all areas. GO THE SUNS.

One thing I hope we learn from GWS and that is try and achieve fair trade value for players that want to leave our club. (Lets hope we can keep the players we need to succeed) Otherwise all we are doing is strengthening the opposition sides that could potential take a finals spot from us in the future. GWS has clearly out performed us in this area. Hats off to them. I just feel our track record isn't great. I know we are in a difficult market but we need to be more diligent moving forward. As a club we need to be improving in all areas. GO THE SUNS.

I agree. And like GWS we have to be willing to let some players go. Don’t pay overs for VFL players, or early draftees. If they leave, get fair compensation and reload.

Not sure how reliable this page is, just came across it. 14k followers

Not gonna say no to Shiel, Bombers would want to dump his salary and have enough room for Parish/Langford/McGrath to run thru the mids

Not gonna say no to Shiel, Bombers would want to dump his salary and have enough room for Parish/Langford/McGrath to run thru the mids

that twitter account was active quite a few years ago during the trade periods. it was discussed it was a lower level media reporter trying (not among the big media outlets) trying to drum up some random s**t. can't remember how many they got right, but they got quite a few wrong.

don't know if shiel is a logical fit tbh. would definitely provide some experience to our team, but yeah the salary would be pretty high, surely?

that twitter account was active quite a few years ago during the trade periods. it was discussed it was a lower level media reporter trying (not among the big media outlets) trying to drum up some random sh*t. can't remember how many they got right, but they got quite a few wrong.

don't know if shiel is a logical fit tbh. would definitely provide some experience to our team, but yeah the salary would be pretty high, surely?
Ok no worries thanks for that;

Think Shiel will be a Treloar type deal again

thought he retired
Hasn’t been seen since his GWS days

next…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back