2023/2024 Gold Coast Draft & Trade periods

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've lived too many Suns Years(which are triple dog years btw)to panic
But I'll wager you a JW Black label Ben King isn't signed by round 2
That may turn out to be the case, but that won't necessarily give us any further insight beyond what Ben's manager has already said. Perhaps Ben and his family know more, the rest is just noise – Big Footy being Big Footy.

Really, I'm mostly commenting on how twitchy this place is lately. A tweet here, a tweet there, a Kane Cornes journalism masterclass, a kid visiting his hometown. Most of it means nothing.

3 first Rd picks for pick 1… REJECTED 😮🤯
In the article also says

"But North's insistence on keeping the selection – Gold Coast has also been interested in moving up the board from pick No.3 – points to Horne-Francis joining the blue and white at November's national draft."

In the article also says

"But North's insistence on keeping the selection – Gold Coast has also been interested in moving up the board from pick No.3 – points to Horne-Francis joining the blue and white at November's national draft."

rendall on Trade radio spent the afternoon saying how badly we wanted Ben Hobbs

Possibly trading back if we could guarantee to nab him

Crows were prepared to hand over pick 4 plus 2 x 1st rounders next year for pick 1...

Even though North said no.. This tells me they don't have any faith that Rankine and Luko are coming back.

damn wish North took the picks and ran.

Only leave 1 SA team left..
which has Lukos best mate in Rozee.

Maybe luko will sign a contract if Suns promise to poach Rozee when he becomes uncontracted end of 2022

😜

I will be quite upset if we don’t take the best tall we can in this draft. It is our biggest area of need by a mile, while an inside mid is right down the bottom of the haystack.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I will be quite upset if we don’t take the best tall we can in this draft. It is our biggest area of need by a mile, while an inside mid is right down the bottom of the haystack.
Its a tricky one
Yes we need talls and KPDs but an 18yo will take minimum 3-4 years to make a difference in our line up
The clock is ticking for us regarding success so I think we'll be concentrating on what makes us finals contenders in the next 12-24 months

Callaghan is the one I want. Just seems to have some weapons we need to help our midfield turn into something to be feared. Touk, Greenwood, Rowell, Hollands, Flanders, Davies, Anderson with Callaghan, Sharp, Ellis and Luko on the wings…

View attachment 1256161
Thats a finals midfield

Thats a finals midfield
Gives us depth in quality to cover even 3 or 4 injuries. We saw how pedestrian our midfield became late season with just Greenwood and Ellis out. With this new depth, there’s no need to throw Holman, Rankine, Weller etc. into the middle, robbing our forward line and watching them get smashed by the better midfields in the comp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back