Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 24, 2008
Mermaid Beach
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
GWS, Celtics, 76ers
So Craig Cameron said to wait until after the trade period to judge it, well here we go

as it stands now with us getting Chol, losing Brodie and picks 19 and 22 plus the moving of picks to next year with Collingwood it rates as a D+ to me, no Dixon, no Buddy, no step jump

the only way this becomes a win is if the picks were moved to help get Clarko across the line or we have our eyes on a few players next year we needed points for

The Kings Ransom

Premiership Player
Aug 30, 2021
AFL Club
Gold Coast
So Craig Cameron said to wait until after the trade period to judge it, well here we go

as it stands now with us getting Chol, losing Brodie and picks 19 and 22 plus the moving of picks to next year with Collingwood it rates as a D+ to me, no Dixon, no Buddy, no step jump

the only way this becomes a win is if the picks were moved to help get Clarko across the line or we have our eyes on a few players next year we needed points for
Buddy haha.

Mar 18, 2011
Everett
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
New England Patriots
Sorry if this is a dumb question but don’t you need to make a minimum 3 selections in the draft..? What’s the plan here..?
Not as specific as this.

For us, we can use pick 3 and pre-select 2 guys from the Academy.

Or we can use pick 3 and put some guys onto the rookie list to the primary list I think?

Mar 18, 2011
Everett
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
New England Patriots
And so ends the most uneventful trade period in memory. Don't mind it for a change.
sleeping-clapping.gif

Damo T

Team Captain
Aug 3, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I feel this trade period is a pass.
We managed to keep all required players which is something we have struggled with in our short history. This shouldn't be taken lightly.
Chol is an upgrade that costs us nothing.
We still have an amazing pick in this years draft at pick 3.
We have a strong draft hand in next years draft. Early reports are next years draft will be strong.
We are always going to struggle in attracting A grade talent at this stage and I would of liked the club to land a big fish but looking at the big picture we already have the talent to push for finals. Just need the football gods to give us a break with injuries.Finals are within reach with some luck. GO the SUNS.

Sep 30, 2010
Katherine, NT
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Tampa Bay Buccaneers, TB Lightning,
I still don't understand why Cameron would say judge us at the end after he made the only 2 moves of the trade period?
It's a statement that suggests The Suns were trying to be active
As it stands we could have judged it as soon as the Brodie pick 19 trade was made over a week ago
A bit strange

I rate the moves we made as a pass, however this is also 100% correct. Absolutely perplexed he made such comments without there even being a hint of more trades to follow

(Log in to remove this ad.)

GC2015

Norm Smith Medallist
May 27, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
no one will ever come out publicly and say they didn’t do the best they could this trade period with the hand they were dealt.

just seems a little off all year Dew and Cameron said we needed more mature 25-30yr olds and leaders etc

And we have done the opposite at crunch time 🤷‍♂️
I'm not saying I'm overly happy with this year's trade period but I will point out that we traded out a 23 year old (Brodie) who plays a position we have plenty of depth and brought in a 25 year old (Chol) who plays a position that we're screaming out for depth in. Cameron's comments about waiting until the end of trade period to judge do seem very odd though.

SnusCG

Club Legend
Aug 30, 2016
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I'm not saying I'm overly happy with this year's trade period but I will point out that we traded out a 23 year old (Brodie) who plays a position we have plenty of depth and brought in a 25 year old (Chol) who plays a position that we're screaming out for depth in. Cameron's comments about waiting until the end of trade period to judge do seem very odd though.
We didn't lose any players we wanted to keep. By our standard this was our best trade period ever.

Aug 17, 2010
AFL Club
Gold Coast

Maybe he meant wait until after the trade period 2022?

Nov 17, 2009
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Phase seven.
Clubs paying opposition clubs salary for a pick 😮

This is what I said when the Brodie trade was first mooted
We couldn't really use the pick and given we needed cap space it was a smart move
I very very very much doubt Freo would have even sniffed at the $500k brown paper bag containing Wil if it didn't come with pick 19
I liked it
I think Brodie was poorly treated here but that doesn't mean I wasn't impressed by that little piece of novel horsetrading

RowellAnderson12

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 4, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Max Verstappen, Pacers, DR3
I’ll wait till after draft day to judge Our trade and draft period.

So far not bad;

Let’s see if we can get some experienced rookies

Turn pick 3 to Callaghan, Gibcus, Ward

Prelist 2 players.

See what we can do with all that extra cash.

As Cal Twomey said we literally have Holland’s, Davies, Jeffery just sitting there ready to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back