2021 Draft and Trade thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I reckon I would take this bloke in a heart beat in the mid season draft if we were still looking like playing finals.
Would give us everything we need out of the backline. 6 month contract, all the run in the world, beautiful kick.
Could push us towards a premiership?

Would he? Seems similar to Birchall. He's not quick anymore and you'd worry about his fitness.

Unlikely as it probably is he’d be a great fit for us. Should have drafted him instead of Cedric Cox in that draft.

I remember going wild in that draft, MCluggage, Berry and Witherden were my favourites. I was super keen on Bolton and was disappointed when we went with Cox.

Cox looked so good for ages. In NEAFL he would glide across the field and at AFL level he pulled crazy stuff off like this.

So sad he never kicked on.

Plus you get scenarios like Scullys dad where GWS were paying his wage under the salary cap as well
Honestly that was just due to the outcry. Think how many other parents are employed by clubs as coaches, recruiters, etc, with a given club and it never became an issue. He was already employed by Sydney but they didn't have a full time position for him at the time. If he'd held exactly the same position but was Sam Reid's dad or one of a draftees', it would've passed without comment.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It feels like everyone still treads lightly after the Murphy home cooking being too good to say no to. That was very much the exception - how many other father/sons have declined a club since then to enter three general draft, i.e. without being linked to another club?

It feels like everyone still treads lightly after the Murphy home cooking being too good to say no to. That was very much the exception - how many other father/sons have declined a club since then to enter three general draft, i.e. without being linked to another club?

Probably more cases of clubs not wanting the father son

Paul Roos son, didnt we also say no to Voss's kid or is he still a few years away?
I was excluding the guys that every club agreed wasn't up to AFL standard, e.g. Tyler and Casey.

I personally don't think it will happen, it'd be silly passing up an opportunity to go straight onto the list of a finals calibre club, however until it's set in stone I hate talking about things as if they're definitive.

Get the old man back in some capacity to sure it up but I think he’ll wind up a Lions player.
Reading the Ashcroft article...they mention Broderick. Paul his dad was a marvellous player for Fitzroy but unfortunately he only played 93 games for the lions and was pinched by the Tiges and played 169 there. I think if a dad played 2 seasons at a club....no matter number of games..should be eligible for father/son. He was a damn good player .

A couple of names of interest:

Will Papley - crafty small forward. Any relation?

Dylan Thomas - the famous Welsh poet? Do not go gently into that good night?

Reminds me of the Paul Simon song

He's so unhip that when you say Dylan
He thinks you're talking about Dylan Thomas
Whoever he was
The man ain't got no culture
But it's alright, ma, everybody must get stoned

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back