2021 Draft and Trade thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It depends on highly likely of Us dropping off Collingwood only just made the 8 last year sure no one saw Collingwood dropping off as much as they have this season but looking at what Port Adelaide did in getting 3 highly rated players in I’d be willing to pay up when we’re guaranteed a highly rated Father/son next year

Has Ashcroft said he was going the father son route with us or is that something we are hoping for / assuming?

Looking at the draft could we target another first round pick this year considering that our first next year will be swallowed up on any Will Ashcroft bid someone like the Bulldogs with them having a likely top 5 pick with Darcy
You think Darcy will be bid on the top 5?

Has Ashcroft said he was going the father son route with us or is that something we are hoping for / assuming?
I'd expect it until I hear otherwise. It's still incredibly unusual for a father/son to decline the opportunity.

It’s been a bit more common recently (Blakey, Dunkley to an extent) but at least he has lived in Qld recently and we should be able to sell team success.
Blakey was an Academy player for the Swans and was a life long supporter
Cal Twomey believes he’s a definite pick for Us next year has apparently supported the Lions most of he’s life he could do a Marc Murphy but seems unlikely with the club to sell him a bright future

Cal Twomey believes he’s a definite pick for Us next year has apparently supported the Lions most of he’s life he could do a Marc Murphy but seems unlikely with the club to sell him a bright future
I haven't watched a lot of Will Ashcroft play in the Underage levels tbh but given he is most likely going to be picked by us next year as a 1st rounder you would think (injury/form permitted), what position/s does he generally play on the field (I think I heard he is a midfielder but not sure) and who would he most likely replace in the Best 22 of our team right now, in the long-term future for us (Zorko, Robinson, Lyons, McCarthy, etc)?

I haven't watched a lot of Will Ashcroft play in the Underage levels tbh but given he is most likely going to be picked by us next year as a 1st rounder you would think (injury/form permitted), what position/s does he generally play on the field (I think I heard he is a midfielder but not sure) and who would he most likely replace in the Best 22 of our team right now, in the long-term future for us (Zorko, Robinson, Lyons, McCarthy, etc)?
Will plays inside midfielder with he’s contested ball winning and electric pace from stoppages I feel a midfield of McCluggage Bailey and Ashcroft will be fantastic for our long term future as for who he replaces that’s up to how Fagan sees our lineup in a couple of years

Will plays inside midfielder with he’s contested ball winning and electric pace from stoppages I feel a midfield of McCluggage Bailey and Ashcroft will be fantastic for our long term future as for who he replaces that’s up to how Fagan sees our lineup in a couple of years

McCluggage Bailey Ashcroft Rayner Robertson :moustache:

Ashcroft sounds like a long term replacement for Zorko but hopefully the two can play together for a year or two

AZ
It’s been a bit more common recently (Blakey, Dunkley to an extent) but at least he has lived in Qld recently and we should be able to sell team success.

I don't count Blakey because he essentially had a choice between prelisting options, so potentially twice this century when there's multiple father/sons taken most years easily qualifies as "incredibly unusual" in my book. :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not so sure consistent contested ball winning would be a strength of his yet, he's looked capable against smaller midfielders but not necessarily great against similar sized or bigger guys

I don't count Blakey because he essentially had a choice between prelisting options, so potentially twice this century when there's multiple father/sons taken most years easily qualifies as "incredibly unusual" in my book. :)
I’ve lost the thread of the conversation. Does Bailey Scott have any relevance to it?

Not so sure consistent contested ball winning would be a strength of his yet, he's looked capable against smaller midfielders but not necessarily great against similar sized or bigger guys
Outside midfield with the speed and class. Should compliment inside ball winners.

McCluggage Bailey Ashcroft Rayner Robertson :moustache:

Ashcroft sounds like a long term replacement for Zorko but hopefully the two can play together for a year or two
I believe Bailey is more like Zorko’s replacement.

I’m the wrong person to ask for comparisons.
Boo, come on be brave and have a crack. Do a KM, “He plays like a combo of Judd, Ablett and Voss” next minute goes pick 37. 😉

Cheers on the videos, wish Giant Roo was still able to make his videos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back