2021 Draft and Trade thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I’m still keen on SPS. Not sure if HBF is his best position. Wing, half forward and stints on ball is where he’s more suited. But he can play HBF as well.

Every Carlton fan I've seen reckons he is wasted at HBF and is being played out of position. Of course they have been saying that about all of their young players who aren't going that well and you do have to wonder if they have just made bad picks/have no development program. SPS not in that category though.

Not sure if he has played much half forward in the last couple of years? I'd be intrigued by him depending on trade price.

SPS anyone? Brisbane Lions supporter growing up has the pace we need out our defence is quite a great possession of the ball getter is also out of Contract

NOPE!

Oliver Eastland of Claremont had a big game this weekend, with 30 hitouts, 25 disposals and 10 marks. I still think Corey Gault is the better and more consistent player, but Eastland is only 23 compared to Gault's 28 if we're looking for a younger player.

Sexton kicks goals.

Imagine if he played in a team that wasn't crap which is what the Suns have been every year he has played.

Don't give much for him but is he kicks 25/40 goals a year???????
Would you take Lindsay Thomas in our team? Because that's basically who he is, except arguably Thomas provided more pressure.

Would you take Lindsay Thomas in our team? Because that's basically who he is, except arguably Thomas provided more pressure.
Sexton is a player I cannot work out. He ain't super quick, big great mark or anything much but he does hit the score board somehow..

If we got him for nothing I would take him.

According to The Age, us and North Melbourne are confirmed to have interest in Ed Richards from the Bulldogs:

"Industry sources said the Lions had been scouting Richards as a player who might fit their needs and that North Melbourne have been considering him as a potential out-of-contract recruit"

"A number of other clubs have the running defender and wingman on their radar, with the Bulldogs are aware of rival clubs’ interest"

"For the Lions, there is a need for a running defender given former Hawk Grant Birchall, a valuable addition, is near the end of his distinguished career"

Last edited:
According to The Age, us and North Melbourne are confirmed to have interest in Ed Richards from the Bulldogs:

"Industry sources said the Lions had been scouting Richards as a player who might fit their needs and that North Melbourne have been considering him as a potential out-of-contract recruit"

"A number of other clubs have the running defender and wingman on their radar, with the Bulldogs are aware of rival clubs’ interest"

"For the Lions, there is a need for a running defender given former Hawk Grant Birchall, a valuable addition, is near the end of his distinguished career"

Was widely discussed on here that our recruiters viewed him as genuine flight risk.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

True, but don't see why that needs a newspaper / media article. His manager is trying to drive up perceived demand to get a response from the dogs.
Interesting that it is both North and the Lions who are looking at home.
He may have been on the radar when Noble was here?

All I think when I read an article like that is - Contract year - players' manager starts planting seeds with journos with rumours & they run with them.
Yup. Last week it was Merrett.

Just journos and player managers playing the game and scratching each other’s back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back