Analysis 2021 Draft (National Draft x 2 nights, Rookie Draft, Pre-Season Draft)

Remove this Banner Ad

Happy that Josh Fahey wasn't called (though not surprised). I'll have to find an updated draft order to see what the situation with him and our picks after the Dogs & Pies bids.

We could still throw a surprise with a late-ish selection of a small forward or another type we want with the remnants of the Fahey match. Adrian Caruso was just interviewed and said we'll match Josh Fahey and that's us done! No late selections.

Welcome Finn and Leek to the club.
I think we should have traded 15 back if possible, who knows though.
might have worried that Fahey bid would come before where traded too
Any chance we trade back into the second round to get a small forward?
A few there still. I wonder.
I also like Sonsie as someone who could be a real value add, be very handy in the forward line IMO.

Happy that Josh Fahey wasn't called (though not surprised). I'll have to find an updated draft order to see what the situation with him and our picks after the Dogs & Pies bids.

We could still throw a surprise with a late-ish selection of a small forward or another type we want with the remnants of the Fahey match. Adrian Caruso was just interviewed and said we'll match Josh Fahey and that's us done! No late selections.
Havent we said that before and then next minute trades done and we got Idun?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Judson Clarke was still there at pick #30, I'd be happy to pay a future second round pick in trade to jump in and grab him. But probably would need to pay too much for him. Later options I'd be happy with too.

If Judson Clarke was still there at pick #30, I'd be happy to pay a future second round pick in trade to jump in and grab him. But probably would need to pay too much for him. Later options I'd be happy with too.

from what I heard with the caruso interview, it’s going to be Fahey and done

i mean, anything can happen but don’t be surprised if we just take Fahey and walk away

from what I heard with the caruso interview, it’s going to be Fahey and done

i mean, anything can happen but don’t be surprised if we just take Fahey and walk away
Yep, discussed that in one of my previous posts. That was a personal opinion of what I'd do. Moot point now!

From pick #35, we can match with pick #46 alone. So there will be a relatively high pick available. And if he doesn't get bid, he could even get through to the rookie draft - unlikely though.

I would even consider spending a future second to go and grab Blake Howes to keep Finn Callaghan company!

Yep, discussed that in one of my previous posts. That was a personal opinion of what I'd do. Moot point now!

From pick #35, we can match with pick #46 alone. So there will be a relatively high pick available. And if he doesn't get bid, he could even get through to the rookie draft - unlikely though.

I would even consider spending a future second to go and grab Blake Howes to keep Finn Callaghan company!
I would’ve offered next years first 🤣

Remove this Banner Ad

Back