List Mgmt. 2021 Draft picks: 4/33/75

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
because we can read & write as well as count to 5 not using our finger?

hamish is a bust
C'mon, Wells is cooked. Hasn't been decent for years.

And has been terrible at picking players in the first round

Between 2008 and 2014 he took Mitch Brown, Daniel Menzel, Billie Smedts, Jackson Thurlow, Darcy Lang and Nakia Cockatoo with ALL of Geelong's first round picks

Troy Selwood Talent I.D. Manager is the Geelong recruiter I've seen most at NAB League games the last couple of years. I've seen Tom Lonergan at several games this year also, he's either scouting or doing something to do with the Geelong Falcons.

Any over age Key Defenders that nominated for the draft and we're overlooked that are playing well this season that we could pick up in the Pre Season draft that could potentially replace McAsey when he undoubtedly leaves at seasons end?

Any over age Key Defenders that nominated for the draft and we're overlooked that are playing well this season that we could pick up in the Pre Season draft that could potentially replace McAsey when he undoubtedly leaves at seasons end?

We have enough key defenders, even if McAsey goes. Talia, Butts, Borlase, Murray and Worrell are all options here.

Reassess here at the end of 2022, unless Talia is going.

We have enough key defenders, even if McAsey goes. Talia, Butts, Borlase, Murray and Worrell are all options here.

Yep.. no need for any new defenders at the moment unless something far too good to say no to comes up.. and we should continue to get rookies as defenders.. we seem to have more luck with those!.

I see Worrell and maybe Butts as the 2 most likely to be next level KPD's, Murray and Borlase not so much, they both lack the athleticism IMO that would hold them back from being next level.

I see Worrell and maybe Butts as the 2 most likely to be next level KPD's, Murray and Borlase not so much, they both lack the athleticism IMO that would hold them back from being next level.
Disagree on Borlase. Think he’s a ripper whose skill set overcomes for any short comings in athleticism.

Disagree on Borlase. Think he’s a ripper whose skill set overcomes for any short comings in athleticism.
We'll both know who made the right call in a couple of years, personally I don't think there's as much scope for improvement in Borlase or Murray as the other two.

We'll both know who made the right call in a couple of years, personally I don't think there's as much scope for improvement in Borlase or Murray as the other two.
Tend to agree after seeing Borlase a couple of times in the SANFL now. Think he’s the Ben Rutten fulcrum or he’s not AFL. Not seeing the athleticism for other roles.

Tend to agree after seeing Borlase a couple of times in the SANFL now. Think he’s the Ben Rutten fulcrum or he’s not AFL. Not seeing the athleticism for other roles.
Gut feel is we need someone more mobile as the 2nd KPD to match Butts and Doedee going forward too, i.e. Worrell. That's not to say I don't think Borlase is good enough for AFL though, it's just that Butts is really starting to make that FB spot his own, and that's probably the same position Borlase would play

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gut feel is we need someone more mobile as the 2nd KPD to match Butts and Doedee going forward too, i.e. Worrell. That's not to say I don't think Borlase is good enough for AFL though, it's just that Butts is really starting to make that FB spot his own, and that's probably the same position Borlase would play

I tend to agree, Borlase probably projects as pure shut down FB, similar to Butts. That’s not to say there’s no value having him on the list. Game may change and their might be more value in 2 more genuine shut down types, or we may be able to trade him for value elsewhere.

It would be great if McAsey could rediscover his intercept ability and be a bit of a McGovern/Davis style road block at CHB, combining with Doedee for intercept duties. Intercept is just such an important part of the game.

I tend to agree, Borlase probably projects as pure shut down FB, similar to Butts. That’s not to say there’s no value having him on the list. Game may change and their might be more value in 2 more genuine shut down types, or we may be able to trade him for value elsewhere.

It would be great if McAsey could rediscover his intercept ability and be a bit of a McGovern/Davis style road block at CHB, combining with Doedee for intercept duties. Intercept is just such an important part of the game.
Butts might be playing the shut down role right now but if you go back to his under age year for the Murray Bushrangers he led the intercept marking stat in the TAC Cup for most of the year and likely would have done the same in his draft year if he didn't become the Bushies swingman playing a mix of forward and back. Butts is much quicker and athletic than Borlase. I'd hope eventually he makes CHB his own because that IMO suits his all round game the best.

Butts might be playing the shut down role right now but if you go back to his under age year for the Murray Bushrangers he led the intercept marking stat in the TAC Cup for most of the year and likely would have done the same in his draft year if he didn't become the Bushies swingman playing a mix of forward and back. Butts is much quicker and athletic than Borlase. I'd hope eventually he makes CHB his own because that IMO suits his all round game the best.
It does seem like Butts is more focused on the shut-down side of his game right now (out of necessity for the back six as it's currently structured), but I think with experience and confidence we'll start to see more of that intercept that he showcased in his TAC Cup years. There's still a lot of upside with Jordon

Long-term (assuming Worrell makes it and McAsey leaves), I think a Butts/Worrell/Doedee combination is probably the best, and most dynamic tall defensive combination we can put out there. That said, if we want to free up Worrell as a tall utility type, we could also potentially see a Borlase/Butts/Doedee combo

And has been terrible at picking players in the first round

Between 2008 and 2014 he took Mitch Brown, Daniel Menzel, Billie Smedts, Jackson Thurlow, Darcy Lang and Nakia Cockatoo with ALL of Geelong's first round picks
I remember how much s**t they gave us for passing on Cockatoo and he ended up being vaporware.

Anyone interested in getting a look at the likely top end draftees the AFL Academy vs Geelong VFL live stream is on the AFL website, starts soon 10.10AM AEST. Nick Daicos (Capt), Jason Horne (Vice-Capt). Some

1 Blayne O'Loughlin (SA) North Adelaide
2 Austin Harris (Qld) Suns
3 Cooper Murley (SA) Norwood
4 Josh Rachele (Vic C) Murray Bushrangers
5 Tyler Sonsie (Vic M) Eastern Ranges
6 Nick Daicos (Vic M) Oakleigh Chargers
7 Cooper Hamilton (Vic C) Bendigo Pioneers
8 Ben Hobbs (Vic C) GWV Rebels
9 Jason Horne (SA) South Adelaide
10 Matt Roberts (SA) South Adelaide
11 Jase Burgoyne (SA) Woodville West Torrens FC
12 Sam Banks (Tas) Clarence
14 Campbell Chesser (Vic C) Sandringham Dragons
15 Josh Sinn (Vic M) Sandringham Dragons
16 Josh Fahey (NSW/ACT) Giants
17 Nasiah Wanganeen (SA) Glenelg
18 Braden Andrews (Vic M) Oakleigh Chargers
19 Neil Erasmus WA Subiaco
20 Finn Callaghan (Vic M) Sandringham Dragons
21 Blake Howes (Vic M) Sandringham Dragons
22 Matthew Johnson (WA) Subiaco
23 Jacob Van Rooyen (WA) Claremont
24 Rhett Bazzo (WA) Swan Districts
26 Ned Stevens (NT) Waratah / GC Suns
27 Jack Williams (WA) East Fremantle
28 Mac Andrew (Vic C) Dandenong Stingrays
29 Toby Conway (Vic C) Geelong Falcons
30 Ned Moyle (Vic M) Oakleigh Chargers
35 Josh Gibcus (Vic C) GWV Rebels

Geelong VFL

6 Jordan Clark (Gee)
9 Max Holmes (Gee)
11 Josh Jenkins (Gee)
16 Sam de Koning (Gee)
17 Esava Ratugolea (Gee)
18 Charlie Constable (Gee)
19 Quinton Narkle (Gee)
20 Oscar Brownless (Gee)
21 Nick Stevens (Gee)
28 Darcy Fort (Gee)
3 Shannon Neale (Gee)
36 Paul Tsapatolis (Gee)
37 Sam Simpson (Gee)
39 Zach Guthrie (Gee)
41 Cameron Taheny (Gee)
43 Stefan Okunbor (Gee)
52 Jackson McLachlan (St Josephs)
54 Oliver Tate (Leopold)
55 Luke Smith (Bell park)
57 Jye Chalcraft (St Marys)
60 Nicholas Burke (St Josephs)
61 Charlie Ham (St Marys)
62 Marcus Herbert (South Warrnambool)
70 Liam Herbert (Leopold)
71 Jordan Johnston (East Point)
72 Adam Garner (Colac)
78 Isaac Wareham (Bell Park)
80 Liam Fiore (Newtown)

Troy Selwood Talent I.D. Manager is the Geelong recruiter I've seen most at NAB League games the last couple of years. I've seen Tom Lonergan at several games this year also, he's either scouting or doing something to do with the Geelong Falcons.
Selwood is really good to talk to as well if you're up to it, very open about draft age kids and his assessments

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back