List Mgmt. 2021 Draft picks: 4/33/75

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

StonesThrow From the horse's mouth.

What are you looking to improve on?

“I think I really need to improve on my leadership. Also, me and Boofa (Jarrad Wright) the League coach talked about my field kicking going inside 50, I just think that could improve a bit from last year. Then also my goalkicking, from my point of view I think it needs a bit of improvement.”
View attachment 1088905
Well if you had to pick something :)

Well if you had to pick something :)
Just observant is all, especially with a player that's been considered in our 2021 pick zone from a long way out. Don't think that's the certainty many thought was the case looking at the Roos and a couple of others so far this season. Still plenty to play out though.

eDPS (Ed Pascoe) scouting notes from the NAB League season opener between the Cannons and the Jets.

So Hinge is out for the season. Does that mean we can put him on the long term injury list and make another selection in the mid-season draft? AND with Milera out for the season, would that mean we have 2 spots open?

So Hinge is out for the season. Does that mean we can put him on the long term injury list and make another selection in the mid-season draft? AND with Milera out for the season, would that mean we have 2 spots open?

Don't forget Stengle. Shame the AFL didn't go with the original idea of rolling mid season drafts.

Heading into the Rebels vs Falcons game this arvo, bloody awkward time at 5 PM but I'm keen for some U18's live footy again..

Drove past the C.E. Brown oval on the way home from Ballarat this morning and young Jye Lockett who's schooling in Ballarat was there with a mate doing some goal kicking practice, said g'day seems like a good lad, not Uncle Tony's size but looks a good 3rd tall prospect. Unfortunately he's tied to the GCS Academy if they want him.

So in the upcoming Rookie Draft, do we retain #1 ......or is the Draft Order based on current Ladder position ?

ACADEMY PROSPECTS TO RECEIVE EXTRA CERTAINTY
CLUBS have been told they will regain the rights to Academy-tied over-age prospects in this season's NAB AFL Draft, should they not be recruited to a rival team during the upcoming Mid-Season Rookie Draft.

The decision comes as a handful of clubs continue to monitor the development of athletic 202cm ruckman and Giants academy member Jack Driscoll, who will turn 19 next week and was among the standouts for the Murray Bushrangers in a NAB League practice match last month.

Versatile 193cm Western Jets defender Cody Raak, who last year was eligible to be recruited to the Western Bulldogs as part of its Next Generation Academy program, is another who has shot into prominence recently following a dominant 31-disposal performance in last week's NAB League season-opener.

It leaves a host of draft hopefuls with an added layer of certainty ahead of both the mid-season and national drafts, with clubs set to regain their ability to win first access to overage Academy-tied players should they not land a spot on a rival club's rookie list throughout the year.

Current ladder position, I think - but only the clubs who are actually choosing to make a pick and have the available list spots, obviously.

A bad outcome for us would be to get to the mid season draft in like 11th or 12th place, only to finish bottom 2.

Probably a lot closer to best case. You've shown you are on the upswing early and more importantly pick 2 for the real stuff to add to it. Depending on how it goes it could be a having your cake and eating it too rebuild year, especially as our list is a bit of a ticking timebomb at the moment (super young/inexperienced list which is paired with a very high energy and physical style; we could genuinely hit a wall in the back end).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lipinski and Sam Petrovsky Seton would be the two I'd be trying to get across the line. Gettable and shouldn't cost much.

Nah, I'd only take Hayward.
Hayward isn’t that good.

Not sure why SPS hasn’t developed into a centre square midfielder at Carlton, they seem to want to play him at half back. He did look very promising in his first couple of seasons. I like him.

Not sure why SPS hasn’t developed into a centre square midfielder at Carlton, they seem to want to play him at half back. He did look very promising in his first couple of seasons. I like him.

He makes Atkins look like Joel Selwood. Nice skills but refuses to go when it's his turn.

If McAsey doesn't put pen to paper I reckon I saw a player this arvo that we should be very interested in if he continues with stellar performances like he did against the Geelong Falcons today. 195cm-84kg - 04/04/2003. Very mobile and intercepted everything that came his way at CHB this arvo, very composed and generally used the ball really well. Josh Gibcus is the lad's name.

He makes Atkins look like Joel Selwood. Nice skills but refuses to go when it's his turn.
I'm not sure that isn't a team cultural issue.

I'd be curious to see if McAdam could get him across the line.

What's the story with Liam Kolar this year Mutineer?

What's the story with Liam Kolar this year Mutineer?
If you've got the NAB League app you can watch Tyler Sonsie right now, He's #1 for the Eastern Ranges who are well on top of the Cannons.
Cannons #25 Josh Goater another playing in the game worth keeping tabs on.

If you've got the NAB League app you can watch Tyler Sonsie right now, He's #1 for the Eastern Ranges who are well on top of the Cannons.
Cannons #25 Josh Goater another playing in the game worth keeping tabs on.
If we dont get Horne Id like Sonsie, just having read about him and watching his 2019 highlights. Looks like a classy mid with great foot skills. Exactly what we need.

Last edited:
Hayward isn’t that good.

SPS doesn’t look fit or strong enough to me. His kicking has been meh this season as well so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back