List Mgmt. 2021 Draft picks: 4/33/75

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Once again, depends on whether you're asking your recruiters to select players on Draft Year form or latent talent ....this IMO is a godsend, as too many players get drafted highly due to "out of the box" draft year form .....and highly talented players that have had a poor year, drop down the draft order

C'mon Wayne - I love your left of field perspectives, but how is someone a talented footballer if they don't actually play well in games??

Too slow and terrible footskills ....even this year Harmes was preferred over Brayshaw

Circumstances of new Coach Nicks, recognizing Laird's elite 5mtr speed & playing Keays in his true position, not manufacturing a role, like BRIS tried

Laird was recruited as a midfielder, played all his games at Westies as a Mid .....it was in fact circumstances that saw him played in DEF

All our mids this year are in their 2nd year of AFL development .....give them some time
Oliver and Petracca are in their 6th year .....huge difference

They sit where the you'd expect a midfield to sit, with limited experience ....against highly experienced midfields

Unfortunately your expectation is that whoever we Draft is a star of the competition year 1 .....and you're not making any allowance for developmental time

Question; how good was Rowell this year .....answer; as you would expect of a 2nd year player .....very ordinary
Contrast that with Shoenberg who had an excellent 2nd year .......#23 versus #1 :think:
No those aren't my expectations and hence why if they drafted Hobbs and he turned elite I wouldn't have an issue.
Because in 3-4 years time you want these new draftees to be running your midfield just as Melbourne's pushed guys like Jones out.

Brayshaws kicking? FMD have you seen Lairds and Keays?

So what you doing with Berry Pedlar Schoenberg Crouch and Erasmus?

I feel your suggesting the crows commit insanity? Do the same thing over and over again and expect a different result.
Laird and Keays will not lead a serious finals or premiership assault imo. They are in the middle filling in time until some draftees excel

Future starting Midfield (2023) .....Schoenberg, Pedlar, Crouch / Laird

Not that I want Schoenberg and Pedlar to be elite ......fact is they will be, and quickly ...injury permitting of course

Most elite midfields have 8-9 rotating thru ....Keays, McHenry, Jones ++

What our midfield is missing from the above players is speed, height, and contested marking .....hard to get all 3 in a player, unless they're the ilk of Bont or Fyfe .....but I definitely believe adding another 180cm player like Hobbs add simply more of the same
But the guy your saying who rates Keays and Laird isn't rotating 5 or 6 players nevermind 8.

If they came out and said they are rotating 7 or 8 through the midfield that would be the 1st big improvement.

First, where has that been reported?

Second - what do you expect them to say?

Obviously, there's only a handful of games that have been played in Victoria in two years. That's a terrible lack of data to draw upon.
Read so many articles .....just snippets that stay in my memory ....but recruiters have no reason to fudge feedback re this Draft

IMO and that of recruiters, there's been enough games played to form opinions

1631925094721.png

No those aren't my expectations and hence why if they drafted Hobbs and he turned elite I wouldn't have an issue.
Because in 3-4 years time you want these new draftees to be running your midfield just as Melbourne's pushed guys like Jones out.

Brayshaws kicking? FMD have you seen Lairds and Keays?

So what you doing with Berry Pedlar Schoenberg Crouch and Erasmus?

I feel your suggesting the crows commit insanity? Do the same thing over and over again and expect a different result.
Laird and Keays will not lead a serious finals or premiership assault imo. They are in the middle filling in time until some draftees excel
Those 2 may not lead a tilt as such - but they are still valuable pieces. Shouldn’t be forgotten Keays only has 60-70 games under his belt. A good rule of thumb is to give a player 50 to see if he’s up to it. If he is the real improvement will come 50-100 and over 100 will see closer to a finished product. Lots more to come from him. Was an elite junior don’t forget.

Both WB and Melb only have 2 blue chip midfielders each. The rest are very disciplined role players who do their job. Hunter, Treloar, Libba, Dunkley, Langdon, Brayshaw, Viney - good players most certainly. Not game changers like the other 4. Keays and Laird sit comfortably in the 2nd group. Cook looks a good wing too.

So the missing pieces aren’t many but can be hard to find. It will need to be Shownberg, Pedlar or from the next couple of picks. The crows have some perfectly adequate pieces in place but I agree they need those 2-3 boys that can win a Norm Smith.

I think there is a much bigger chance Rankine happens this year - if there's any risk that he's going to be a cancer, the last thing that GCS is going to want to do is pay him $700k to play in the reserves.

Correct, I think there’s a serious chance to get him out of there this year and then set up us for a real crack at Lukosious next year

Not that I want Schoenberg and Pedlar to be elite ......fact is they will be, and quickly ...injury permitting of course

What our midfield is missing from the above players is speed, height, and contested marking .....hard to get all 3 in a player, unless they're the ilk of Bont or Fyfe .....but I definitely believe adding another 180cm player like Hobbs add simply more of the same

That's 1.85cm Hawk Changkuoth Jiath to Ben's right, and that's a moon boot not high heels on Ben's foot.
1631928086744.png

I think you' re right in thinking we will want some height and speed.
It might be a reach but I feel Goater covers those bases along with his contested marking and gives us that point of difference in the midfield.
Whats Goater's kicking like ?
I think he is a real chance of being selected by the Crows.
I also like Arlo Draper but I think he is probably a bigger reach but has plenty of likeable traits

It might be a reach but I feel Goater covers those bases along with his contested marking and gives us that point of difference in the midfield.
I also like Arlo Draper but I think he is probably a bigger reach but has plenty of likeable traits
I feel like Goater is a real risk of being a bust.

He seems like he's got a high ceiling, but also a low floor.

Nope, Goater is a gun and will be very near the top of our shopping list....Hamish loves him a Calder Cannon.:gun:

That's 1.85cm Hawk Changkuoth Jiath to Ben's right, and that's a moon boot not high heels on Ben's foot.
View attachment 1238920
I thought Hobbs was like 181 cm ?

Is this assessment a true reflection Bicks ? .....particularly his weaknesses ?

1631932316024.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought Hobbs was like 181 cm ?

Is this assessment a true reflection Bicks ? .....particularly his weaknesses ?

View attachment 1238959
Obviously whoever wrote that has never seen him play live, I have multiple times, so no.

Maybe go watch some of his games and form your own opinion instead of reading other peoples opinions.

Think as the Draft Night looms ....we're seeing Draper and Roberts drift ....and IMO there are far better options

So far, and it's still early days due to limited footage .....but I have Goater in with Callaghan & Erasmus ....there's nothing in his limited footage that suggest he has a kicking problem .....but you really have to see these guys dispose under real pressure ....that's when disposal can fall apart ....so I'm guessing a lot here

Obviously whoever wrote that has never seen him play live, I have multiple times, so no.

Maybe go watch some of his games and form your own opinion instead of reading other peoples opinions.
I always make my own opinions ;) .....never have relied on someone else's POV , but you gather data from a variety of sources and of course watch live

So Knightmare hasn't seen Hobbs "live" .....interesting

I always make my own opinions ;) .....never have relied on someone else's POV , but you gather data from a variety of sources and of course watch live

Just you remember the names Jack Avery and Bohdi Uwland they gonna be stars according to a certain eggspurt.

Just you remember the names Jack Avery and Bohdi Uwland they gonna be stars according to a certain eggspurt.
I'll stick with and have held a view on Mac Andrew for a long while now .....just waiting for the Draft Experts to catchup ....it's starting to happen now

Get with the AFL Draft Central lads....less opinionated and don't drink their own bath water.

Get with the AFL Draft Central lads....less opinionated and don't drink their own bath water.
I enjoy Skippos POV on players .....doesn't seem to be a plagiarized view, like so many

And ModernArtillery I've acknowledged B4, as also have a refreshing view on players ......but each has something beneficial to add, just that I like cross-referencing and seeing if it match's my own observations

I enjoy Skippos POV on players .....doesn't seem to be a plagiarized view, like so many

And ModernArtillery I've acknowledged B4, as also have a refreshing view on players ......but each has something beneficial to add, just that I like cross-referencing and seeing if it match's my own observations
Yep I respect both of their opinions even if I disagree at times with Skip's player assessments

What gives you the impression he will a bust ? his man bun ;)
He just seems to have a lot of features our midfield are missing at the moment
I guess that's why I feel he has a high ceiling

What gives you the impression he will a bust ? his man bun ;)
He just seems to have a lot of features our midfield are missing at the moment
I guess that's why I feel he has a high ceiling
Height, top end speed, agility, athleticism off the charts, and the biggee VERSATILITY.

Can't say I can see anything about his game that even hints at a bust.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back