List Mgmt. 2021 Draft picks: 4/33/75

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wanganeen-Milera dropped to the reserves this weekend, pity would like to have seen him under Finals pressure.

Reserves - Semi Finals 2021
ACH Group Stadium, Saturday 18th September, 11:30am

Glenelg v Woodville-West Torrens | ACH Group Stadium | 11:00am | SANFL Digital Pass
GLENELG

Schott, Moore, McDonnell, Leck, Condon, Horsnell, Weir, McRae, Searle, Minchin, Holder, Cole, Edwards, Crompton, Kitschke, Robins, Wanganeen-Milera, Scharenberg, Wisdom, Kluske, Wright

EAGLES
Calvett, Mills, Haylock, Moore, Lee, West, Schmusch, Mead, Seymour, Hardie, Williams, Bruce, Gaffney, Dawkins, Pearce, Michael, McLeod, Hoile, Buck, Jackson, Wheare

Reserves - Semi Finals 2021
ACH Group Stadium, Saturday 18th September, 2:00pm

Sturt v Central District | ACH Group Stadium | 1:30pm | SANFL Digital Pass
STURT

Emmett, J. Lochowiak, How, Parker-Boers, Taylor, Doyle, DeZylva, Hein, A. Lochowiak, Richards, Crane, Lines, Grundy, T. Hone, Spain, Aish, Armiento, Allan, M. Lochowiak, Wingard, Walter, Becker, Liddy, Holland, Jefferies

CENTRAL
S. Linke
, Dorizzi, Gant, Templeton, Dudley, Gillard, Reed, J. Neagle, Richard, Cannizzaro, Cowham, Lange, D. McDonald, Montgomerie, Patterson, Whitelum, Iles, Brown, Distefano, Thomson, Grubb, Rigney, Tippins, Kennedy, De Jonge

Last edited:
Well good for you …

Spittin ya chips on a fairly gentle alternative view there Bicks!

Just saying the guy can play, he’s just starting out … I’m not writing off a talented youngster based on a bunch of games are back end of a guy’s 3rd season. That’s all.

I tend to have too much patience in cases where I think I can see early positives. Fog, Jones, Sholl, Schoenberg … I haven’t had much patience for McHenry. I’m struggling with McAsey.

No biggy.

Spittin ya chips on a fairly gentle alternative view there Bicks!

Just saying the guy can play, he’s just starting out … I’m not writing off a talented youngster based on a bunch of games are back end of a guy’s 3rd season. That’s all.

I tend to have too much patience in cases where I think I can see early positives. Fog, Jones, Sholl, Schoenberg … I haven’t had much patience for McHenry. I’m struggling with McAsey.

No biggy.
Ned is one that is developing quickly since he has been able to get on the park

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Well good for you that you're not concerned with Sholl's back half of the year....I am.

Time will of course be the judge but I find it a concern.

His last game he was an absolute non entity in the SANFL.
And not one contested ball get in those highlights
It’s not about being a contested beast though, it’s the ability to beat an opponent one on one in the open field and then delivering it to the forwards. We can’t have only contested beasts only

I hate that cal on footy exchange does not even include crows in discussion of what Dawson worth

we supposedly should not even be in hunt for him

everyone sees us as not in hunt for his services

disgusting

hope crows get him
He's exactly the type of player we need. I wouldn't worry about the media. They have no clue what's going on.

Theres been very little said about this kid in recent times.. wheres he at?.. has he dropped off the radar?..
He’s a bottom aged u18 who’s team didn’t make finals, so his last game was late August. No reason for him to be in the news. Hopefully he has a good off season and comes out for good draft year

He’s a bottom aged u18 who’s team didn’t make finals, so his last game was late August. No reason for him to be in the news. Hopefully he has a good off season and comes out for good draft year
Is he likely to be a ruckman at AFL level?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is he likely to be a ruckman at AFL level?
He has done a bit of ruck work at U18 level, 197 very athletic with a handy jump. But majority of his craft is forward based and unless he has a further growth spurt would think that’s his home. Certainly wouldn’t rule out being able to pinch hit there as his body develops. Could be anything if he keeps working hard on his craft.

He has done a bit of ruck work at U18 level, 197 very athletic with a handy jump. But majority of his craft is forward based and unless he has a further growth spurt would think that’s his home. Certainly wouldn’t rule out being able to pinch hit there as his body develops. Could be anything if he keeps working hard on his craft.
From what I've seen of him I wouldn't say he's top ten draft pick quality at this stage.
Talented, but still pretty raw.
Easily top 40 though, which kinda defeats the purpose of him being in our academy because it goes back to a 1 in 18 chance of him ending up at the crows.

Actually ridiculous.

From what I've seen of him I wouldn't say he's top ten draft pick quality at this stage.
Easily top 40 though, which kinda defeats the purpose of him being in our academy because it goes back to a 1 in 18 chance of him ending up at the crows.

Actually ridiculous.
He has another season up his sleeve though where he goes 1 of 2 ways. either continues on an upward trajectory in which case I think he could very well push into that top group - or he stagnates a bit and looks like a project. Might still be a chance as an NGA in the 2nd scenario.

But I don’t think he’s presenting as a kid who will be an in between pick 30 for example if you know what I mean.

Mutineer What are your feelings on Josh Rentsch? Being from GWV Rebels I imagine you would have had a lot of exposure to him. What are his strengths/weaknesses and would he be a good fit for us?

He is a part of the WB NGA but with a lack of draft points and Naughton, JUH and Darcy all developing as KPF's they may not have much room for him.

He has a family connection in Adelaide with his brother studying here and quite settled so I imagine it would be an attractive destination for him.

I can answer that....No

He's a KPF
Early stages but how would you rate and compare keeler and lemmey?

Both have already shown some exciting glimpses as underagers. Would be great to get a proper carnival next year and see them. A luxury for SA to have a few good key position prospects.

Mutineer What are your feelings on Josh Rentsch? Being from GWV Rebels I imagine you would have had a lot of exposure to him. What are his strengths/weaknesses and would he be a good fit for us?

He is a part of the WB NGA but with a lack of draft points and Naughton, JUH and Darcy all developing as KPF's they may not have much room for him.

He has a family connection in Adelaide with his brother studying here and quite settled so I imagine it would be an attractive destination for him.
If he gets drafted I think it's late or more likely a rookie pick.

Very strongly built already so not a lot of development to come in that area so his improvement would come from honing his forward craft and skills.
He certainly has a real on field presence about him and not afraid to use his size and aggression to his advantage, strong overhead, looks to have a reasonably good endurance base and the fact he's quite capable in the ruck could see AFL clubs look at him as a KPF/Ruck chop out type. Could also see him having a future as a KPD if an AFL club went down that route.

One thing he has that several of our KPP prospects lack is real aggression at the man and contest both in the air and on the ground.

Early stages but how would you rate and compare keeler and lemmey?

Both have already shown some exciting glimpses as underagers. Would be great to get a proper carnival next year and see them. A luxury for SA to have a few good key position prospects.
Lemmey for me, both very athletic but I really like the acceleration and aggressive way Lemmey gets separation from his opponent on the lead.
Also looks to have a very good goal kicking set up going on already.

Actually ridiculous.
Gonna be interesting to see how the clubs react to this new rule..

Up until now clubs have been bidding on these more highly rated players to make their academy club “pay” up for them more than because they actually believe they have a chance of snaring them. See us last year with JUH..

Will the clubs take the risk on these lads now that they can actually take them if its a pick under 20 this year and 40 from next year?..

Youre essentially grabbing a player out of one of the other clubs in the comp.. that player is probably by that stage feeling an affinity with the club, has built relationships and has a love for the guernsey etc etc..

Big risk taking them.. you could end up losing them a couple of years later when they simply ask to be traded back to their original club..

This certainly wont be the case for all the players.. some probably wont care and just want to go to an AFL club… but you can never be 100% sure.. you have to trust that the kid is telling the truth when you ask whether they are happy to move away from their academy club..

Put it this way.. if Daicos wasnt a FS but simply a collingwood academy player… i’d be worried about the longer term future of the lad hanging around if he slipped to the crows 1st and they picked him..

Hell, that young Callaghan lad isnt affiliated with any club… but the fact he is family friends with Bevo and their families have BBQ’s together is enough for me to not want the crows going anywhere near the lad.

Maybe I’m overthinking it.. maybe I’m not.. just will be interesting how the clubs deal with it.. maybe they all end up steering clear of each others academy players.. maybe they dont.

Actually ridiculous.

Yeah, seemed a real “knee jerk” type reaction, in true AFL style, to what is likely to be a relatively rare occurrence. Personally I think they could have simply taken away the 20% discount for say picks in the top 20 or 30. Clubs can still access these players they’ve invested a lot in, but they’re not coming cheap.

All they’ve done now is take away a significant incentive clubs had to invest in the program in the first place. Fair chance a number of clubs will now reassess their investment and potentially the game loses out to an extent.

Yeah, seemed a real “knee jerk” type reaction, in true AFL style, to what is likely to be a relatively rare occurrence. Personally I think they could have simply taken away the 20% discount for say picks in the top 20 or 30. Clubs can still access these players they’ve invested a lot in, but they’re not coming cheap.

All they’ve done now is take away a significant incentive clubs had to invest in the program in the first place. Fair chance a number of clubs will now reassess their investment and potentially the game loses out to an extent.

The AFL should be running every Academy and there should be no priority access.

It's that simple

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back