List Mgmt. 2021 Draft picks: 4/33/75

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I don’t mean players who once or twice might be fringe AA players in low value positions.

that crouch, Cameron & lever are the high spots is exactly my point. Who cares? Nice players at best, and I’m not a big crouch or lever fan.

Cameron is a win and an indictment when he’s probably the biggest hit we’ve had.

where are the game changers, the difference makers or structural rocks?

there are none. Since Danger, Sloane, Tippett (I know), Talia & Tex? Phil Davis too.

those Rendell picks have kept us solvent all these years, but there has been no equivalent quality coming up to replace them.

and finally the music stopped
That’s what happens to teams that predominantly finish 7 to 12 on the ladder. With us now finishing at the boned last year and things looks hot this year, we will finally get top pick.
Your right though, the pressure has to be right on Hamish. If not, we will be down the bottom for a long time

those players that sustained us were picked from finishes in that range

even Rory Laird was a Rendell pick
It comes down to the fact that we were making finals more often then not. We completely overrated our list and kept topping up with players like Seedsman and Menzel. We stuffed up big time when get got Gibbs and paid the price.
This club has made so many stupid decisions, that’s why we are now bottom. My is hope they play the kids and give them exposure . This is also a big problem as players aren’t given a proper go, we continue to play poor experienced player who are out of form.
We are now in a big rebuild, time for the club to not care if we finish bottom. Just work towards the next premiership

We are bottom for one reason:

we have not hit a draft home run in the past decade. Not even those we’ve lost to other teams

it’s not like we haven’t had the picks. We have

so should we even be trusting these upcoming picks to the same recruiting team?

not one home run in the near decade (2012 onwards) that Haggis has been in charge.

not one, when a team needs multiple big hits to rise or stay up there
Did you see the Swans game?

Logan McDonald is light years ahead of Thilthorpe. And he is 10 kg lighter so more physical development ahead.

He was the obvious pick but we went for the ruck/forward local lad, and a North went for a midfielder. Lucky Sydney!

I think we will look back on us and North overlooking McDonald and leaving him for Sydney the same way we ridiculed Richmond for years for skipping Franklin. Dumb clubs overlooking a clearly better player and giving a free kick to a well run club.

Zero confidence in anything Hamish does.

Logan McDonald is light years ahead of Thilthorpe. And he is 10 kg lighter so more physical development ahead.

He was the obvious pick but we went for the ruck/forward local lad, and a North went for a midfielder. Lucky Sydney!

I think we will look back on us and North overlooking McDonald and leaving him for Sydney the same way we ridiculed Richmond for years for skipping Franklin. Dumb clubs overlooking a clearly better player and giving a free kick to a well run club.

LOL

What a ridiculous assertion at this point in time when neither players have played a single, solitary AFL game for points.

You've truly outdone yourself with "Logan McDonald is light years ahead of Thilthorpe" #RollsEyes

Didn't you say that you didn't rate Hately at all?

That's strange, I seem to recall him dominating a pre-season game last year for GWS. Maybe it's best not to judge off a single pre-season match?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Even if we had drafted Fyfe or Neale who's to say they would even be the players they are today? We have a history of mismanagement with youth, it's exceptional hard for a young player to break into the side and stay there since 2014 onwards and even if they do get in the side they're left to rot in the high half forward non statistical role. Who was the last 1st rounder we drafted and they played 75% of their first season?

Didn't you say that you didn't rate Hately at all?

That's strange, I seem to recall him dominating a pre-season game last year for GWS. Maybe it's best not to judge off a single pre-season match?
Quite possibly

Hately did get a lot of the ball in their 16 goal win vs Sydney last pre season. My recollection was that he accumulated a lot of the ball without much hurt factor but obviously opinions differ.

A better criticism would be the early hype on Chayce Jones. I along with most of us was very optimistic after the first pre season. It’s been a slow decline since then.

Still McDonald was fantastic. If you haven’t seen any of that game then watch some of the 2nd half.

Step 1: relocate to Melbourne

Need North Melbourne to be in exactly the same lousy situation as us at the end of the season, with them making a strong case for a priority pick. Then if they get one, we might get one.

However I suspect that will take 3 years of them being truly horrible to get an end of 1st rounder and 4 years to get a true priority pick as per GCS. We need them to fail and to also match or exceed them for incompetence for that sustained period to benefit.

Need North Melbourne to be in exactly the same lousy situation as us at the end of the season, with them making a strong case for a priority pick. Then if they get one, we might get one.

However I suspect that will take 3 years of them being truly horrible to get an end of 1st rounder and 4 years to get a true priority pick as per GCS. We need them to fail and to also match or exceed them for incompetence for that sustained period to benefit.
or even better..nail the draft this year, watch all the kids gel and improve and the game plan come together and enjoy the beginnings of a team on the rise..stuff the PP if it means years down the bottom

Callow snagged a couple goals for Norwood today, looked solid.

Assuming you can delist any player you take midyear who doesn't shape up, surely everyone fills their list? It'd be great to have a bit of a look at a couple of 19 year olds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back