List Mgmt. 2021 Draft picks: 4/33/75

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I can see Collingwood and the Saints jumping us on the ladder before years end giving us Pick 4. Still perhaps not enough for Horne though

We are awful.
Sure. But it's a flip of the coin at the minute.

I think we win 7 games, which will be the same as Collingwood and more than Hawthorn and North. Hopefully it means we pick 3.

IMO they will just take best available and Horne is currently that player. I doubt they would consider that at all.
Really until National Championships there won't be a clear favourite for no1 draft pick you would not think.
Also Vic kids doing little catch up with no games last season.
Personally unfortunately I think we will be in bottom 3 at season end so have great pick just got to get it right.

Really until National Championships there won't be a clear favourite for no1 draft pick you would not think.
Also Vic kids doing little catch up with no games last season.
Personally unfortunately I think we will be in bottom 3 at season end so have great pick just got to get it right.
Remember Matt Rowell? Clear number 1 long before and after the Champs.

Horne is clear number 1 at this stage and would be easily deserving if the draft was tomorrow. I know that's just my opinion, but I'd highly doubt any recruiters would be thinking otherwise.

I would have taken him at 1 last year Fwiw.

I can see Collingwood and the Saints jumping us on the ladder before years end giving us Pick 4. Still perhaps not enough for Horne though
I think we will end up with pick 3 at worst. We may beat Hawthorn and North at home putting us around 4-5 wins for the season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The reality is there's no way North win more games than us from this point in the season with all the changes they made their list, like we did last year.

We're likely not finishing last so if Horne is coming to us, North (at least) will need to pass on him.

The reality is there's no way North win more games than us from this point in the season with all the changes they made their list, like we did last year.

We're likely not finishing last so if Horne is coming to us, North (at least) will need to pass on him.

He needs to do a Bailey Smith/Archie Perkins and come out and say he won't play interstate. Those two were praised for their refreshing honesty by the Vickheads in the media.

The only faint hope is that North already took a pure mid at pick 3 last year in Phillips.

They will need talls at some point. That's why I would try offering them McAsey with pick 2 if it gets us Horne.

They could get a 'pick 6 KPP' and the second best mid in the draft.

They probably say no, but worth a shot.

Sure. But it's a flip of the coin at the minute.

I think we win 7 games, which will be the same as Collingwood and more than Hawthorn and North. Hopefully it means we pick 3.
Did a quick ladder that takes us up to the end of the bye rounds. In my estimation we will be sitting at 15 but that is on the basis of us beating The magpies during the bye round. However if we lose that game then we will be sitting 16th on the ladder with North and Hawthorn below us. However the Hawks are just the team to cause a few upsets...more so than us. They could knockoff Carron, the Suns and maybe Essendon. If one of those results happen then by the end of rd 14 we could be sitting 17th. Of course nothing is certain with the way the current form of all clubs is going.

Am i right in thinking that ANY club who has a selection before us in the mid season draft could take him?

I think there have also been some rule changes in the MSD where the player can nominate a salary & min contract time up to the maximum of 18 months? (thereby potentially putting other clubs off)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back