List Mgmt. 2021 Draft picks: 4/33/75

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we will end up with pick 3 at worst. We may beat Hawthorn and North at home putting us around 4-5 wins for the season.
I would be fine to not win another game this year (competitively) if it results in Jason Horne.

If we end up with Pick 2 or 3, its going to be fascinating as to what the Crows do from this position? Do we attempt to trade up and how steep of a price will we pay to go from Pick 3 to Pick 1?

Will North pick a local over a SA kid? Still a long way to go and ratings of kids have been known to fluctuate.

Sep 8, 2008
argentina
AFL Club
Adelaide
Am i right in thinking that ANY club who has a selection before us in the mid season draft could take him?

I think there have also been some rule changes in the MSD where the player can nominate a salary & min contract time up to the maximum of 18 months? (thereby potentially putting other clubs off)
That is correct , any club before us can select him in the MSD.

im not sold on Davis.

kick it to me_

Team Captain
Jul 12, 2020
AFL Club
Adelaide
I'd class him as a genuine mid/forward personally, not aware of his testing times but he's one of those players that has great spacial awareness and he's certainly not slow.
Thats a massive tick for me, watching the SANFL on weekend and despite Jones having a good game, I watch him get caught holding the ball. I was thinking even with his pace he lacked spacial awareness that some players instinctively have.

On SM-G988B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Mego Red

The Artist Formerly Known As Kristof
10k Posts
Oct 3, 2003
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Soft spot for Brisbane
???

It’s not even totally alphabetical by last name
Isn't it completely alphabetical, with just Josh Sinn and Daicos in a different spot?

I presumed that was just something that happened with cutting and pasting the HTML - like their bio was linked to an image.

If somehow 23 of 25 are alphabetical and that's NOT deliberate, then it's a pretty amazing coincidence.

Anyway, I was just joking because it seemed alphabetical was the intention.

Sep 3, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
AFL Academy Coach Tarkyn Lockyer's pre-season take on who he considers the the top prospects. Not in any particular order.

Braden Andrews (Vic Metro/Oakleigh Chargers)

DOB: 23/2/2003 H: 188cm W: 88kg

Tarkyn Lockyer says: Mid-sized player who can play a range of roles. Good decision maker with clean hands.

Stats say: Played three games for Vic Metro at the under-16 championships in 2019, averaging 16.7 disposals, 2 inside-50s, 1.3 clearances and 80 SuperCoach points.

Sam Banks (Tasmania/Clarence)

DOB: 2/4/2003 H: 186cm W: 72kg

Tarkyn Lockyer says: Damaging ball user off half back. Takes the game on and is very effective by foot.

Stats say: Played three game for Tasmania at the under-16 championships in 2019, averaging 24 disposals, 3.7 rebound 50s, 8.3 marks and 143 SuperCoach points.

Rhett Bazzo (WA/Swan Districts)

DOB: 17/10/2003 H: 195cm W: 81kg

Tarkyn Lockyer says: Versatile defender who likes to take the game on in the air. Renowned for his intercept marking.

Stats say: Played three games for Swan Districts in the WAFL Colts in 2020, averaging 11.3 disposals, 5 marks, 1.7 spoils and 66 SuperCoach points.

Jace Burgoyne (SA/Woodville-West Torrens)

DOB: 15/7/2003 H: 185cm W: 64kg

Tarkyn Lockyer says: Classy mid/forward who finds plenty of the ball and use is damaging by foot. Father/Son prospect for Port Adelaide, being the son of Power premiership player Peter and brother of current Port-listed player Trent.

Stats say: Played 16 games for Woodville-West Torrens under-18s last year, averaging 28.5 disposals, 2.4 inside-50s, 4.2 clearances, 0.6 goals and 133 SuperCoach points.

Campbell Chesser (Vic Country/Sandringham Dragons)

DOB: 27/4/2003 H: 185cm W: 83kg

Tarkyn Lockyer says: Rebounding defender with genuine speed. May look to develop his game with more time through the midfield this year.

Stats say: Played three games for Vic Country in the under-16 championships in 2019, averaging 16.7 disposals, 3.7 rebound 50s, 5 marks, 5.3 intercept possessions and 91 SuperCoach points.

Josh Fahey (NSW/ACT/Giants Academy)

DOB: 11/11/2003 H: 186cm W: 76kg

Tarkyn Lockyer says: Damaging player with a booming left foot kick. Plays his best as a wing/half back with good speed and endurance.

Stats say: Played three games for NSW/ACT at the under-16 national championships in 2019, averaging 20.3 disposals, 7 rebound 50s, 5 marks and 118 SuperCoach points.

Cooper Hamilton (Vic Country/Bendigo Pioneers)

DOB: 24/9/2003 H: 182cm W: 86kg

Tarkyn Lockyer says: Hard-at-it defender with good endurance. Will look to take the game on with run and carry.

Stats say: Played two games for Vic Country in the under-16 national championships in 2019, averaging 13 disposals, 3.5 rebound 50s, 2.5 marks, 7.5 intercept possessions and 90 SuperCoach points.

Nick Daicos (Vic Metro/Oakleigh Chargers)

DOB: 3/1/2003 H: 183cm W: 72kg

Tarkyn Lockyer says: Versatile player who can mix between mid/forward with excellent kicking on both sides of his body. Father/Son prospect with Collingwood, being the son of premiership player Peter and bother of current Magpie Josh.

Stats say: Not available

Ben Hobbs (Vic Country/Greater Western Victoria Rebels)

DOB: 16/9/2003 H: 182cm W: 80kg

Tarkyn Lockyer says: Hard-at-it inside mid who thrives in the contest. Works hard and continually finds the ball.

Stats say: Played three games for Vic Country in the under-16 national championships in 2019, averaging 25.7 disposals, 3.7 inside-50s, 5 marks, 5 clearances, 1 goal and 147 SuperCoach points.

Jason Horne (SA/South Adelaide)

DOB: 21/6/2003 H: 183cm W: 77kg

Tarkyn Lockyer says: Inside mid/forward with a strong body and loves to fly for his marks. Played senior football in 2020 and adapted to the game well.

Stats say: Played nine games for South Adelaide in the SANFL under-18s in 2020, averaging 10.8 disposals, 3 inside-50s, 2.1 marks, 1.3 clearances, 0.6 goals and 59 SuperCoach points.

Austin Harris (QLD/Gold Coast Suns Academy)

DOB: 30/4/2003 H: 176cm W: 68kg

Tarkyn Lockyer says: Very clever player with speed and agility. Finds the ball well and has smooth skills by hand and foot.

Stats say: Played three games for Queensland in the under-16 national championships in 2019, averaging 21.7 disposals, 3 inside-50s, 8.7 marks, 3.3 clearances and 111 SuperCoach points.

Blake Howes (Vic Metro/Sandringham Dragons)

DOB: 7/4/2003 H: 191cm W: 79kg

Tarkyn Lockyer says: Hard working forward who loves to take a mark and hits the scoreboard. Medium sized player with impressive work rate.

Stats say: Played three games for Vic Metro in the under-16 national championships in 2019, averaging 12.7 disposals, 3.7 marks, 1.7 goals, 4.3 score assists and 89 SuperCoach points.

Matthew Johnson (WA/Subiaco)

DOB: 16/3/2003 H: 190cm W: 78kg

Tarkyn Lockyer says: Classy midfielder who makes great decisions with ball in hand. A member of Subiaco’s Colts Premiership in 2020, has the ability to find time and space to use the ball well and puts his teammates into good positions.

Stats say: Played 10 games for Subiaco in the WAFL Colts in 2020, averaging 19 disposals, 3.3 inside-50s, 3.8 clearances, 0.7 goals and 113 SuperCoach points.

Cooper Murley (SA/Norwood)

DOB: 20/6/2003 H: 177cm W: 68kg

Tarkyn Lockyer says: Exciting player from South Australia. Plays as a mid/forward with excellent skills. Will be one to watch with his speed and repeat effort running.

Stats say: Played 16 games for Norwood in the SANFL under-18s in 2020, averaging 25.9 disposals, 5.1 inside-50s, 4.7 clearances, 1.2 goals and 128 SuperCoach points.

Josh Sinn (Vic Metro/Sandringham Dragons)

DOB: 7/1/2003 H: 186cm W: 78kg

Tarkyn Lockyer says: Classy player who loves to run and carry the football. Versatile player who mixes his time between wing and half back. Was captain of Vic Metro’s U16 side in 2019.

Stats say: Played three games for Vic Metro in the under-16 national championships in 2019, averaging 17 disposals, 4.7 inside-50s, 3 clearances and 96 SuperCoach points.

Josh Rachele (Vic Country/Murray Bushrangers)

DOB: 11/4/2003 H: 177cm W: 68kg

Tarkyn Lockyer says: Won the Kevin Sheehan Medal as the best player in the U16 AFL National Championships (Div 1). A strong and powerful midfielder who pushes hard forward to hit the scoreboard.

Stats say: Played three games for Vic Country in the under-16 national championships in 2019, averaging 26 disposals, 3 inside-50s, 2.3 clearances, 6.3 score involvements and 124 SuperCoach points.

Matt Roberts (SA/South Adelaide)

DOB: 31/7/2003 H: 183cm W: 81kg

Tarkyn Lockyer says: Inside mid who keeps finding the footy. Uses his grunt to win the ball before putting his teammates in good positions.

Stats say: Played seven games South Adelaide in the SANFL under-18s in 2020, averaging 26.6 disposals, 4.3 clearances, 1.7 goals, 4.4 inside-50s and 143 SuperCoach points.

Tyler Sonsie (Vic Metro/Eastern Ranges)

DOB: 27/1/2003 H: 182cm W: 76kg

Tarkyn Lockyer says: Smooth mover with excellent foot skills. Another who runs hard to break the lines and finds plenty of the footy.

Stats say: Played three games for Vic Metro in the under-16 national championships in 2019, averaging 22.7 disposals, 4.3 inside-50s, 3.3 clearances, 1.7 goals and 127 SuperCoach points.

Ned Stevens (NT Waratah/Gold Coast Suns Academy)

DOB: 7/6/2003 H: 196cm W: 83kg

Tarkyn Lockyer says: Exciting tall out of the NT. Dual sport athlete with a basketball background. Played senior football in 2020 and showed his talent with a strong performance in the NT All-Stars game as a ruck/key fwd.

Stats say: Played three games for Northern Territory in the under-16 national championships in 2019, averaging 10.3 disposals, 18.3 hit-outs, 4 clearances, 0.3 goals and 94 SuperCoach points.

Jacob Van Rooyen (WA/Claremont)

DOB: 16/4/2003 H: 193cm W: 87kg

Tarkyn Lockyer says: Developing tall with good athletic attributes. Key position player that works hard and hits the scoreboard. Key player from Claremont in the WAFL Colts Grand Final.

Stats say: Played 10 games for Claremont in the WAFL Colts in 2020, averaging 13.3 disposals, 3.9 marks, 1.9 goals, 6 score involvements and 95 SuperCoach points.

Jack Williams (WA/East Fremantle)

DOB: 1/12/2003 H: 195cm W: 91kg

Tarkyn Lockyer says: Key position player that can play at either end of the ground. Explosive athlete that reads the ball well in the air and uses his body well.

Stats say: Played 10 games for East Fremantle in the WAFL Colts in 2020, averaging 9.6 disposals, 3.6 marks, 1.1 goals, 2.8 score involvements and 83 SuperCoach points.

That list just screams “what were North Melbourne thinking last year” by taking Phillips. Given the high rating and now exposed form of the many talls - and this years candidates are pretty much all mids suggests they really missed a trick last year

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Aug 21, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
That list just screams “what were North Melbourne thinking last year” by taking Phillips. Given the high rating and now exposed form of the many talls - and this years candidates are pretty much all mids suggests they really missed a trick last year

I dunno, they're probably going to get the two best mids in consecutive years. Prioritising an elite midfield is something I wish the crows would do.

Phillip's looks like he'll be a damn good player though.

Jul 6, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
I dunno, they're probably going to get the two best mids in consecutive years. Prioritising an elite midfield is something I wish the crows would do.
And it seems they have an absolute ripper in powell too from last years draft. Grab horne this year andwith powell and phillips will be well on their way with a very high end engine room for the next decade

Oct 13, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool, Glenelg, tigers
Nup... i just cannot see the arguement of getting your midfield sorted first being correct given that KPD’s and KPF’s take longer than mids to develop.

if we add an elite midfielder or two this year and one next year you be aiming for them to add to the KPD’s and KPF’s we’ve got into the club over the last 2-3 years and build the team around all of that with an eye to having them all mature and hit their straps at the same time.

North seems to be doing it the other way around.. but they may end up with a good midfield but a cobbled together and inexperienced defense and * all worth kicking it to up forward.

we’ve got Butts, Mcasey and doedee to build our defense around..

hamill and sholl to build our half back line around..

TT, Fog mcadam (if he can find some form which he will) and to an extent frampton and himm (depth) to shape our forward line around..

we have Laird, keays and mcrouch as the workhorse types to build our midfield around

tex, sloane, smithers and talia can all help develop it... but probably wont be around for our next flag push.

all we need is to add the polish with a couple of elite, fast, penetrating ball using mids..

we can add them in the next two years and possibly even get something like a Rankine, luko or even Elijah Hollands to come and join us with some luck using our soon to be freed up salary cap..

Mego Red

10k Posts
Oct 3, 2003
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Soft spot for Brisbane
Offer a better deal to Collingwood for their pick?

It's was more of an issue for Collingwood. They jumped too early and would have been better holding their pick and doing a trade this year. Now, they'll end up going deep into deficit to cover the offers for Daicos.

Mego Red

10k Posts
Oct 3, 2003
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Soft spot for Brisbane
Can’t get my head around how GWS got Collingwood’s round 1 for 24, 30 and a future 4th tied to Geelong.

Were the other 16 clubs asleep?

Also - didn't they trade that first pick to us anyway? We used it for Brayden Cook.

Aug 9, 2019
Victorian Central Highlands
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Panthers, GWV Rebels, Central Augusta
Is he that good? Is he tall enough for an AFL ruck?
I haven't seen him play for a while, so genuine questions.
He's already 200cm at 17 with athleticism off the charts...highly unlikely he's stopped growing yet

How tall are Paddy Ryder and Nick Natanui 2 of the absolute best tap ruckmen in the AFL?

Verrall gives every indication he has the wheels to get around the ground impressively as well, I have heard he's a bit of a "lad" so that might excite some on here that carry on about us selecting choir boys from good families yada yada.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back