List Mgmt. 2021 Draft picks: 4/33/75

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw the youngest Edwards boy have 22 disposals today for Glenelg. Is anyone looking at him as F/S.

He's not even in the 52 man state squad, so I'd say it looks unlikely at this stage.

Any chance of us throwing $$$ at Kossie Pickett end of next year? Melbourne surely will struggle cap wise in the next few years.

I would love to see us aggressively target players with decent offers considering we are displaying a young side with rapid improvement

2021 Dawson, Stephens, CCJ and Jiath as potential targets.

2022 obviously Lukosius, Rankine and Pickett potential targets.

Any chance of us throwing $$$ at Kossie Pickett end of next year? Melbourne surely will struggle cap wise in the next few years.

I would love to see us aggressively target players with decent offers considering we are displaying a young side with rapid improvement

2021 Dawson, Stephens, CCJ and Jiath as potential targets.

2022 obviously Lukosius, Rankine and Pickett potential targets.
I'd rather target Shai Bolton or Zac Bailey. Going to be premium priced, but we can definitely afford it.

I'd rather target Shai Bolton or Zac Bailey. Going to be premium priced, but we can definitely afford it.

Bolton yes. But talking about non SA players is a different conversation anyway. I thought Picket was from SA in which case apples for apples its not really worth talking about non SA players imo.

I’d take Pickett over Bailey. To be honest haven’t that seen much of either, but Picket looks the real deal. I always felt Cameron could go to another level and Pickett has that feel (possibly even better).

Id be very keen to go hard at Pickett. I wouldn’t be shocked if he goes on to be an elite small forward. Betts level.

A 2025 SA State of Origin team would be more fun that it currently is given the talent coming through.

F Pickett Thilthorpe Hayward
HF Bailey O'Brien Rozee
C Wingard Edwards Lukosius
HB Dawson Ballard Hurn
B Daniel Davis Jonas
RUCK Grundy Laird Neale
INT Graham, Markov, Smith, Fantasia

FF Pickett Fogarty Rankine
HF Bailey Thilthorpe Rozee
C Roberts Horne Stephens
R Grundy Laird Pedlar
HB Milera Lukosius Daniel
FB Dawson Ballard Day
B Verrall Schoenberg Draper Jackson

Last edited:
Somewhat forgotten top line midfield prospect Ben Hobbs returned to footy after a quite a long lay off due to injury incurred very early in the season, came back with a real BANG! in the GWV Rebels big win over the Murray Bushrangers. 34 disposals, 19 kicks, 15 handballs, 3 marks, 9 tackles, 2 goals.

Reckon he's the type of mid Nicksy really likes, a real hard nut, highly contested ball winner with a good all round game.
Certain to be a starting midfielder in Vic Country's assault on the National Championships.

A 2025 SA State of Origin team would be more fun that it currently is given the talent coming through.

HF Bailey O'Brien Rozee
HB Dawson Ballard Hurn
B Daniel Davis Jonas
RUCK Grundy Laird Neale
I still reckon each year the SANFL should announce an All South Australian team and give them a jumper to commemorate. Who cares if they don’t play anyone. Just like the AA team.

Somewhat forgotten top line midfield prospect Ben Hobbs returned to footy after a quite a long lay off due to injury incurred very early in the season, came back with a real BANG! in the GWV Rebels big win over the Murray Bushrangers. 34 disposals, 19 kicks, 15 handballs, 3 marks, 9 tackles, 2 goals.

Reckon he's the type of mid Nicksy really likes, a real hard nut, highly contested ball winner with a good all round game.
Certain to be a starting midfielder in Vic Country's assault on the National Championships.
Was just about to post this haha

Looking forward to see how he plays at the Champs. At this stage I’d probably prefer someone like Roberts but he could go higher than most think

Bolton yes. But talking about non SA players is a different conversation anyway. I thought Picket was from SA in which case apples for apples its not really worth talking about non SA players imo.

I’d take Pickett over Bailey. To be honest haven’t that seen much of either, but Picket looks the real deal. I always felt Cameron could go to another level and Pickett has that feel (possibly even better).

Id be very keen to go hard at Pickett. I wouldn’t be shocked if he goes on to be an elite small forward. Betts level.
Yeah Pickett has ‘best small crumbing forward in the league’ potential, particularly in the right system. I’d go hard at him with $$$ in a few years if guys like Rowe don’t develop into bonafide AFL small forwards. I’d definitely make him a priority over Rankine at this point

Was just about to post this haha

Looking forward to see how he plays at the Champs. At this stage I’d probably prefer someone like Roberts but he could go higher than most think

Horsham lad so no real go home factor, Vic Country lads rule.

Think the Rebels will surprise this year when it comes to the players drafted.

Ben Hobbs (mid), Josh Gibcus (Intercepting KPD), Charlie Molan (skilful medium defender), Sam Breuer (mid), Kai Lohmann (athletic medium forward), Sam Butler (small forward/mid), Blake Scott (small forward), James Ballantyne (skilful winger), Josh Rentsch (KPF) all look possibilities and sure to be contenders for Vic Country spots. 19 year olds Fraser Maris and Marcus Herbert not out of the question either. Rebels top of the NAB League ladder for a reason, very even spread of talent this year.

Anyone interested in seeing the future SA stars play today they can trot down to Richmond oval at 12 O'Clock for the SA vs WA U17's National Championships game. Of particular interest our NGA Isaac Keeler and Panther ruck prospect Will Verrall

Or watch the live stream here...

Or here.

SA v WA - Sunday June 20 at Hisense Stadium from 12pm
Torrens University SA U17 – Game 1
F: Jack Delean, Harry Lemmey, Matteas Phillipou
HF: Koby Cockshell, Isaac Keeler, Jaidan Magor
C: Nick Sadler, Austin McDonald, Blake Hansen
HB: Taj Rahui, Max Michalanney, Kobe Ryan
B: Will Patton, Brodie Tuck, Jakob Ryan

R: Will Verrall, Tyson Walls, Adam D’Aloia
INT: Luca Slade, Harry Barnett, Shaun Bennier, Max Blacker, Tom Wheaton, Tyson Coe, Kyle Marshall

1624153198353.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone interested in seeing the future SA stars play today they can trot down to Richmond oval at 12 O'Clock for the SA vs WA U17's National Championships game. Of particular interest our NGA Isaac Keeler and Panther ruck prospect Will Verrall

Or watch the live stream here...

Or here.

SA v WA - Sunday June 20 at Hisense Stadium from 12pm
Torrens University SA U17 – Game 1
F: Jack Delean, Harry Lemmey, Matteas Phillipou
HF: Koby Cockshell, Isaac Keeler, Jaidan Magor
C: Nick Sadler, Austin McDonald, Blake Hansen
HB: Taj Rahui, Max Michalanney, Kobe Ryan
B: Will Patton, Brodie Tuck, Jakob Ryan

R: Will Verrall, Tyson Walls, Adam D’Aloia
INT: Luca Slade, Harry Barnett, Shaun Bennier, Max Blacker, Tom Wheaton, Tyson Coe, Kyle Marshall

View attachment 1159304

Couple of elite names there. Max Blacker and Kelsey Rypstra leading the pack

HF Bailey O'Brien Rozee
HB Dawson Ballard Hurn
B Daniel Davis Jonas
RUCK Grundy Laird Neale

FF Pickett Fogarty Rankine
HF Bailey Thilthorpe Rozee
C Roberts Horne Stephens
R Grundy Laird Pedlar
HB Milera Lukosius Daniel
FB Dawson Ballard Day
B Verrall Schoenberg Draper Jackson

Given the hysterics of the past few days, where is Luke Edwards?

Whats his disposal like?. The mid we pick first this year really has to be a potentially elite ball user to go with the hard nuts we have

Whats his disposal like?. The mid we pick first this year really has to be a potentially elite ball user to go with the hard nuts we have
Good for a midfielder that goes so hard at the contest, good tank and strongly built.

1624154903907.png

Either will do.... :)

1624154970114.png

Yeah Pickett has ‘best small crumbing forward in the league’ potential, particularly in the right system. I’d go hard at him with $$$ in a few years if guys like Rowe don’t develop into bonafide AFL small forwards. I’d definitely make him a priority over Rankine at this point
Surely Rowe is more of a HFF type. If he can maintain 15-20 disposals and 1-2 goals per game then he is going to be a very handy long term player for us.

I thought Keeler hurt himself there but he's up and about.

Another goal for WA after SA got the first 4.

I thought Keeler hurt himself there but he's up and about.

Another goal for WA after SA got the first 4.
Keeler's been a bit disappointing for mine, his opponent Curtin well on top of him now.

WA much better that quarter, our boys struggling with WA's switching of play and possession football

Horsham lad so no real go home factor, Vic Country lads rule.

Think the Rebels will surprise this year when it comes to the players drafted.

Ben Hobbs (mid), Josh Gibcus (Intercepting KPD), Charlie Molan (skilful medium defender), Sam Breuer (mid), Kai Lohmann (athletic medium forward), Sam Butler (small forward/mid), Blake Scott (small forward), James Ballantyne (skilful winger), Josh Rentsch (KPF) all look possibilities and sure to be contenders for Vic Country spots. 19 year olds Fraser Maris and Marcus Herbert not out of the question either. Rebels top of the NAB League ladder for a reason, very even spread of talent this year.
Little anecdote - Cooper Murley has Ben Hobbs as his choice for pick of the draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back