List Mgmt. 2021 Draft picks: 4/33/75

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm very surprised the AFL didn't give them some salary cap concessions along with the extra picks they got in 2019.

They really needed extra cash to lure competent mature players from other teams. They will never get to trade in guns but hopefully their draft picks will turn into them. Extra picks alone were never going to be enough.
The AFL will do what ever they can to get them competitive

Signing blokes like Rory Atkins and Brandon Ellis to long deals is not helping
Brandon Ellis is a good piece.

He's not the problem - the lack of genuine substance and commitment is.

Wouldn't have helped them this year. Academy picks can not be matched now in the first round. Only father sons can.

1 year after we miss out on JUH, but at the moment it looks like a blessing in disguise.
Eastern states academies can still be claimed in the first round. Josh Fahey is an obvious example this year.

Whatever happened to Brayden Fiorini? Had a blinder season in 2019 and only played 6 games in the following 2 seasons! Did he just lose his spot in the midfield rotation when they brought in Rowell, Anderson and Greenwood?
He's very rough by foot. Disposal and some decision making issues.

He's very rough by foot. Disposal and some decision making issues.
Righto, outside of the game against us I didn't really watch him (because why would anyone willingly watch GC games in 2019). But thought he was good that day, and remember seeing his name pop up a lot that year.

Seems to have fallen deeply out of favour now

Whatever happened to Brayden Fiorini? Had a blinder season in 2019 and only played 6 games in the following 2 seasons! Did he just lose his spot in the midfield rotation when they brought in Rowell, Anderson and Greenwood?

Fiorini is a very good footballer, the only thing I can think of is he was Jarryd Lyons' co-conspirator in stealing Dew's KFC that time.

He looked instantly at home when he came on as the sub against Port, so hopefully for his sake he can keep his spot with Weller and Swallow out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

what would he cost on the open market pick wise
Given he's out of Contract, and hasn't played since R11 .....I'd say a late 2nd round pick in the mid 30's

Lipinski had 36 possessions one game this year, and every time I watch him looks good ....187cm a good size too

Given he's out of Contract, and hasn't played since R11 .....I'd say a late 2nd round pick in the mid 30's

Lipinski had 36 possessions one game this year, and every time I watch him looks good ....187cm a good size too
Is he a Matt Crouch type player in that he racks up ball but is not overly damaging but is still a good player? Would he offer us a point of difference in our midfield?

Is he a Matt Crouch type player in that he racks up ball but is not overly damaging but is still a good player? Would he offer us a point of difference in our midfield?
Not at all .....quite quick, good overhead .....not elite at anything but good in most areas .....still has a lot of improvement left in him at 23 YO

Loosely a bit like Mitch Duncan (grabbing a name quickly)

Not really. His disposal is superb, and delivery inside 50 is a point of difference. The issue is his defensive game. When the Dogs don't have the ball, and the opposition is attempting to rebound, Lipinski just disappears. Can't tell you how many times I've watched him basically plant his feet and lazily stick out an arm at the ball carrier instead of committing himself to tackle or apply proper pressure. Also he's probably in the bottom 25% of players for pace (if not worse).

So he's slow and lacks a defensive game, but he's a strong overhead mark and has elite skills on both sides. I wouldn't know Adelaide's list well enough to know whether he'd fit within your mix, but that's basically what he has to offer

Not at all .....quite quick, good overhead .....not elite at anything but good in most areas .....still has a lot of improvement left in him at 23 YO

Loosely a bit like Mitch Duncan (grabbing a name quickly)
I agree with everything except pace. His ball handling skills are incredible at times, and much like a lot of other Dogs players, he gives the illusion of being quick because he's able to move the ball on so rapidly without turning it over. In terms of foot speed, he's pretty slow.

I agree with everything except pace. His ball handling skills are incredible at times, and much like a lot of other Dogs players, he gives the illusion of being quick because he's able to move the ball on so rapidly without turning it over. In terms of foot speed, he's pretty slow.
Interesting, I trust your POV on his speed .....Macrae'ss not quick either, but being able to read the play does give you the illusion of being quicker .....quicker to read & move to position

What's his best role IYO ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back