List Mgmt. 2021 Draft Picks part deux: 4/33/75

Pick4…

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

To not split 4 at this point is just stupid..

Callaghan isnt gonna be there at 4… and even if he was I just dont think the flight risk makes it worth it.

pick 7 and 15 is just far better… with 7 we will get one of Erasmus, goater, ward (hopefully goater)… then we get a free hit with 15…. Nevitt, NWM, Draper and several other options may still be on the table at that point..

does that young Fejo jnr lad make it to 33?.. or Murley?..

we have the opportunity to maximise our take in this draft.. we should take it..
If its stupid for us not to split, why would Richmond split?

I'd still like Roberts. He's a footballer. PMBangers, the 🐐 of the draft board has him getting to us at 36 in his latest mock.
The fact Roberts has dropped in rankings so quickly, says that under closer examination his faults are outweighing his strengths at AFL level

At our pick #33 ...can see a player with speed, don't believe Roberts will be selected by us ....probably that small fwd type player

Watch Roberts go late because of his lack of speed, only to become a Jack Graham type success story.

The fact Roberts has dropped in rankings so quickly, says that under closer examination his faults are outweighing his strengths at AFL level

At our pick #33 ...can see a player with speed, don't believe Roberts will be selected by us ....probably that small fwd type player
Cooper Murley or Paul Curtis... or Judson Clarke, if we're lucky

It may well be a far off comparison for the player - but it's the first thing that comes to mind when you read the player description in that tweet.

Have to say it was for me too

“Ability to hit the scoreboard” always worries me a bit - sounds code for “occasionally kicks a goal”. Like has the ability but doesn’t do it much

Watch Roberts go late because of his lack of speed, only to become a Jack Graham type success story.
Or watch Jonty Scharenberg not get drafted at all because of his lack of speed?

Roberts weapon is his kicking when he has time and space but he can tend to hack kick when under pressure which will go up a level at AFL level and that's where his lack of speed and athleticism may see him compromised?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Or watch Jonty Scharenberg not get drafted at all because of his lack of speed?

Roberts weapon is his kicking when he has time and space but he can tend to hack kick when under pressure which will go up a level at AFL level and that's where his lack of speed and athleticism may see him compromised?
He has constantly found the footy amongst his peers at the highest levels. It just seems really weird to me that he can be the highest ranked player on the ground in game 1 against the West, another 23 in game 2 against the West. Had a 20 touch game at league level on the wing. Destroyed his peers at SANFL level.

All the measures used for all the other players being drafted are ignored when it comes to him. These aren’t Olympic trials - it’s footy. I’ve seen him multiple times live and the group think that he’s too slow for footy is wrong as I see it.

No doubt we’ll all see in.A few weeks time but I will be amazed if he’s down around the 40’s like some are predicting.

Murley wouldn't be a bad selection ....isn't he more a Wingman though ?
Yeah definitely has some athletic traits that could see him succeed in the mid/on a wing, too

Don’t discount the other two, though - both major goalkicking types
Constable and Hanrahan the two names that stand out, although I wouldn’t care if we didn’t grab anyone

I’ve always liked Taylin Duman, too, but he probably doesn’t get picked up

I wouldn’t mind betting that Richmonds push to trade up won’t include 15. More likely to be 26 or even 28.

If they want to waste both of our time, sure, but all they're getting is a quick no on our end.

If Richmond are serious about upgrading pick 7 and 15 are on the table. After all, they need to convince us the risk is worth it and a 2nd round pick doesn't cut the mustard when dealing with a 3 pick gap in the 1st round.

Yeah definitely has some athletic traits that could see him succeed in the mid/on a wing, too

Don’t discount the other two, though - both major goalkicking types

Constable and Hanrahan the two names that stand out, although I wouldn’t care if we didn’t grab anyone

I’ve always liked Taylin Duman, too, but he probably doesn’t get picked up
Ned Cahill on the rookie list if we don't address the small forward role in the draft, can play.

Yeh, can’t see that happening either. It’s why I don’t see it happening.
People seem to think 15 is automatically on the table. I doubt it.
I think we should be just thinking about the best option at 4.
It’d be 4 and 33 for 7 and 15, if anything

Back