List Mgmt. 2021 Draft Picks part deux: 4/33/75

Pick4…

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Do any of our draftees play round 1. I can see Rachele being selected. But at the same time, if everyone on our list is available with Milera, Crouch coming back in I suggest a massive squeeze for spots will be on.

On SM-N981B using BigFooty.com mobile app
I doubt any of them do. Haggis said that Rachele will need to build his tank.

Now that the dust has settled, we seem to have gone with the value picks. All 3 picks seems to be skill based and capable of playing multiple positions.

No doubt that we would have loved to have picked up a big body midfielder with speed and power but those players did not appear to be there at our picks. I will look with interest to see how Rachele vs Sinn works our over the course of their career. I think Sinn would have been a great pick up for us but time will tell.

We tried trading up for pick 1 and pick 2 at various times to try and get JHF or Callaghan but those teams were not going to trade those picks easily. I like that all 3 picks can play multiple positions and seem to be value picks.

It will be interesting to see who we target in FA and trades next year. I would think Rankine and to lesser extent Luko wold be on the radar and there are some interesting FAs and RFAs in the pool in 2022.

Now that the dust has settled, we seem to have gone with the value picks. All 3 picks seems to be skill based and capable of playing multiple positions.

No doubt that we would have loved to have picked up a big body midfielder with speed and power but those players did not appear to be there at our picks. I will look with interest to see how Rachele vs Sinn works our over the course of their career. I think Sinn would have been a great pick up for us but time will tell.

We tried trading up for pick 1 and pick 2 at various times to try and get JHF or Callaghan but those teams were not going to trade those picks easily. I like that all 3 picks can play multiple positions and seem to be value picks.

It will be interesting to see who we target in FA and trades next year. I would think Rankine and to lesser extent Luko wold be on the radar and there are some interesting FAs and RFAs in the pool in 2022.

I dont know who the FA and RFA are, but I do hope we are targeting an elite mid.

Would really complete our rebuild heading into 2023.

I wonder if in Rachele & Dawson we have already our Rankine & Luko’s?

Do any of our draftees play round 1. I can see Rachele being selected. But at the same time, if everyone on our list is available with Milera, Crouch coming back in I suggest a massive squeeze for spots will be on.

On SM-N981B using BigFooty.com mobile app
I cant see Milera playing given his injury issues.

It will be about him getting game time in the SANFL in the first few rounds, before the selectors pull the trigger.

I think we do, but I would be more interested in how much they will cost us before going after them.

You still would take them if they came "cheap".

in terms of seniority and list balance I’m not sure you do take them

they won’t be free at the trade table and will still be requiring financial terms to extract them from GCS.

It’s a no from me dawg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We've already gone down the path of drafting crappy mid-draft big bodied midfielders over other possible options (O'Connor and Ellis-Yolmen as some examples) so it's actually refreshing we picked on skill instead of size
I agree, in the later rounds in the draft you have to focus on skill over body type.
Much prefer a smaller player with an Elite Leg over a tall plodder who likes a don't argue every now and then

I dont know who the FA and RFA are, but I do hope we are targeting an elite mid.

Would really complete our rebuild heading into 2023.

Some of the bigger FA names:

Brayden Maynard, Darcy Moore, Jordan De Goey (possibly retired), Touk Miller (re-signed), James Sicily, Angus Brayshaw, Jayden Short, Kane Lambert, Tom Barrass, Bailey Dale, Caleb Daniel and Jack Macrae.

What's the rookie draft order? Has the AFL revised the order based on the number of spots available on each list?

Some of the bigger FA names:

Brayden Maynard, Darcy Moore, Jordan De Goey (possibly retired), Touk Miller (re-signed), James Sicily, Angus Brayshaw, Jayden Short, Kane Lambert, Tom Barrass, Bailey Dale, Caleb Daniel and Jack Macrae.
Not a lot of midfielders there, the half backs (Daniel, dale, Sicily) are the most enticing.

Brayshaw - no thanks
Lambert - no thanks
Macrae - too old

I think Taranto may be ending his contract at the end of 2022...Nicks was midfield coach there for in 2019 which happened to be his best year...2+2=...

Not a lot of midfielders there, the half backs (Daniel, dale, Sicily) are the most enticing.

Brayshaw - no thanks
Lambert - no thanks
Macrae - too old

I think Taranto may be ending his contract at the end of 2022...Nicks was midfield coach there for in 2019 which happened to be his best year...2+2=...
The thing is also we will have to pay massive overs plus the SA tax in them coming to South Australia.

This inevitably is a sure fire way too, to f**k up our salary cap.

I wonder if in Rachele & Dawson we have already our Rankine & Luko’s?
Possibly.

I honestly cannot see the need for Luko. I am not sure what role he would play for us and whether or not he passes the cost vs benefit analysis for me.

Rankine, I can definitely see the interest in. Speed, X factor, ability to be a match winner either in the midfield or up forward. Not ideal that he is yet another small but I think he would fit more of what we need than Luko. Certainly ticks the speed criteria and you can always rotate Rankine and Rachele through the midfield while the other one is in the forward line so you maintain that potency around inside 50 and add some X factor to the midfield.

Plus if Rankine ends up having another season like he did this year, then the cost is not as high but the benefit for us could be pretty big. I am not saying no to that one just yet where as Luko, I don't see the value for the cost that it would require both in terms of trade currency and contract.

Back