List Mgmt. 2021 Draft Picks part deux: 4/33/75

Pick4…

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm sorry bit Cornes is a flog who is being force fed the coolaid from the Port.

Port didn't 'get their man'. They drafted the player next on their list. You telling me JHF wasn't 'their man' if they could get him? So stupid.

They gave up an enormous amount to get that draft pick and then picked the next player. Pretty much like every single team does.

If anything, we 'got our man', because our interest in Rachele was known from a long way out. Yes we would have taken JHF or Callaghan if we had the choice, but at pick 4(6), Rachele was definitely the guy we wanted.
We also 'got our man' with the trade for Dawson.
This..

There is just a long held culture amongst our supporter base that Port do it better. That's not true. If anything, they created nothing more than a list capable of some finals. They haven't and never have been dominant against the best teams. For all the chest beating, our 2017 team even after losing a conga line of players dominated the league and should have won the GF. Port are no geniuses at selection anymore then the next team. Time for Crows fans to stop holding them up on some sort of pedestal.

On SM-N981B using BigFooty.com mobile app

This..

There is just a long held culture amongst our supporter base that Port do it better. That's not true. If anything, they created nothing more than a list capable of some finals. They haven't and never have been dominant against the best teams. For all the chest beating, our 2017 team even after losing a conga line of players dominated the league and should have won the GF. Port are no geniuses at selection anymore then the next team. Time for Crows fans to stop holding them up on some sort of pedestal.

It comes from the media though. Every single story has a narrative of how great Port have done and how the Crows have messed up again.

Crows first pick: Elite Victorian - Oh no he's going to go home!
Port first pick: Talented Victorian - Port are geniuses and got their man!

It's repeated year after year.

Remember how positive the media were when Port traded for Jack Watts? What a brilliant trade. They 'stole' him. Absolute genius. Trade of the decade.
Result = Watts is still sh!t and a disaster off field which is basically ignored. And the draft pick they gave up is used on a bloke who then kicks 6 in a GF.

Crickets from the media.

What we need to remember is that when it comes to 'clicks' and reading, it goes in the following order:

1. Negative Crows news (read by Crows & Port supporters)
  2. Positive Crows news (read by Crows supporters - large % of overall)
  3. Positive Port news (read by Port supporters)
  4. Negative Port news (read by some Port supporters and some Crows supporters, but not as many as the reverse)

This..

Port supporters have been brainwashed into thinking they are some uber-successful, industry-leading, club that the whole competition looks to as the benchmark when in reality they are a s**t season or two away from becoming another Gold Coast. Chris Davies & Kochy leading the way.

I had a Port supporting mate comment on the Crows post welcoming Zac Taylor to the Club and his comment was 'say goodbye to career or ambition' to which I pulled him up on it, but this is their attitude that everything Port do is better, and is driven by the likes of 5AA.

It has been assisted by AFC being so s**t through the Burton/Fagan era, and I like how we are just going about our business quietly, with Port left drinking their own bath water. All things going well, I expect us to slingshot past them and stay out in front for a while yet, both on field and more importantly, with the team we are building, off field is where we will blitz them IMO. Silvers is a smart operator, as is Olsen. Chalk and Cheese to 12 months ago.

Most importantly, they don't feel the need to beat their chests to get their supporters onboard.

I'm sorry bit Cornes is a flog who is being force fed the coolaid from the Port.

Port didn't 'get their man'. They drafted the player next on their list. You telling me JHF wasn't 'their man' if they could get him? So stupid.

They gave up an enormous amount to get that draft pick and then picked the next player. Pretty much like every single team does.

If anything, we 'got our man', because our interest in Rachele was known from a long way out. Yes we would have taken JHF or Callaghan if we had the choice, but at pick 4(6), Rachele was definitely the guy we wanted.
Everyone got "their man".

Port supporters have been brainwashed into thinking they are some uber-successful, industry-leading, club that the whole competition looks to as the benchmark when in reality they are a sh*t season or two away from becoming another Gold Coast. Chris Davies & Kochy leading the way.

I had a Port supporting mate comment on the Crows post welcoming Zac Taylor to the Club and his comment was 'say goodbye to career or ambition' to which I pulled him up on it, but this is their attitude that everything Port do is better, and is driven by the likes of 5AA.

It has been assisted by AFC being so sh*t through the Burton/Fagan era, and I like how we are just going about our business quietly, with Port left drinking their own bath water. All things going well, I expect us to slingshot past them and stay out in front for a while yet, both on field and more importantly, with the team we are building, off field is where we will blitz them IMO. Silvers is a smart operator, as is Olsen. Chalk and Cheese to 12 months ago.

Most importantly, they don't feel the need to beat their chests to get their supporters onboard.
Yes, that league leading drafting that brought in superstars Ollie Lord, Dylan Williams (the pick before Harry Schoenberg), Todd Marshall & Sam Powell-Pepper with first round picks, etc

You ignoring the trade on draft night? You think they did that for fun or was it to get Sinn?

You ignoring the trade on draft night? You think they did that for fun or was it to get Sinn?
ironically, they did that trade to get Sinn and by doing so, actively passed up on taking Hobbs who looks to be a much better fit for need in their midfield (and he was very highly rated too - so no reach to take Hobbs at 12)

If I heard correctly a mention was made about his back flip celebrations at about 5.50 He also said he didnt think the coach would like it, which is good to hear. I think those kind of celebrations can come back to bite you in the arse.

Maybe keep it for deep into time on of the last quarter if we lead by over 10 goals in a grand final. :think:

I hate the bow and arrow Duursma celebrations for every goal. Looks worse when youre being smashed and you still do one.

I would settle for one maybe if he kicks the sealer in the Showdown. :$

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's amazing how the narrative out of Port and then through the media is how they ALWAYS get everything right. It's amazing they haven't just won their 5th premiership in a row.
That narrative keeps the tarps from appearing I guess.

That narrative keeps the tarps from appearing I guess.
2024 is when I think the tarps will appear at Port games at Adelaide Oval.

Port have a core group of bandwagon hipster fair-weather supporters, when Port are into a rebuild mode I expect empty stands.

Yes, that league leading drafting that brought in superstars Ollie Lord, Dylan Williams (the pick before Harry Schoenberg), Todd Marshall & Sam Powell-Pepper with first round picks, etc
Considering how much of a joke Jones and McHenry seem to be to Port fans, we really need to give them more crap for this huge error

So if we traded our future second rounder and pick 6 to get ahead of Gold Coast and get Rachele, we would have "got our man" too?
We didn’t need to, when Horne and Callaghan weren’t gettable we got him, but yes, if we did have to do that, yes we would have.

I know you struggle with acknowledging that anything about Port could be good, your comment about Gray highlighted it, but it’s not really a hard concept to grasp. They traded for a target and got it, just as they did with Roezee.

Your seriously going there? Lord what pick was he? What pick did they pick up Georgiadis?

As for Marshall and SPP, you know Gallucci isn’t on a list right? How about we selected Jones ahead of Butters? No one is saying they are perfect, no club is, but their hit rate of late has been impressive.

So if we traded our future second rounder and pick 6 to get ahead of Gold Coast and get Rachele, we would have "got our man" too?
I suppose it came down to how skittish they were on their intel essendon were lilely to select him the pick before theirs. If they really wanted sinn and felt ge was going to be gone at pick 14, they were happy to shell out again to get in ahead of essendon.

But as for him being 'their man'..he was only their man because their other men were not going to be there in JHF, callaghan, rachele etc

Going to be interesting to see how Ben Davis being rookied vs taking Ned Long.
Long and Taylor would have to be considered the 2 biggest steals imo.
Long is obviously a bit to big for our liking for a mid.

Ned Long has such a small sample size and he's nor blessed with a lot of speed but very surprised he didn't find any takers from late 2nd round onwards with his aerial ability and goal kicking ability, Hawks look to have got themselves a bargain. Big bodied contested football beast Kade Dittmar was another I felt sure would find a home late/rookie but missed out.
I dont understand why we wouldnt have rookied him except if we had made a commitment to Davis.
Should be a royal commission into how he got through to the rookie draft

I dont understand why we wouldnt have rookied him except if we had made a commitment to Davis.
Should be a royal commission into how he got through to the rookie draft

Or we just weren't keen on what Ned Long offered. Nor was the league, after all, he had gone through the main draft without being taken.

Last edited:
It's amazing how the narrative out of Port and then through the media is how they ALWAYS get everything right. It's amazing they haven't just won their 5th premiership in a row.

Clearly that was on purpose too. They obviously knew covid was coming and wanted to make sure their fans didn't miss out on attending the Grand Final.

Duh.

We didn’t need to, when Horne and Callaghan weren’t gettable we got him, but yes, if we did have to do that, yes we would have.

I know you struggle with acknowledging that anything about Port could be good, your comment about Gray highlighted it, but it’s not really a hard concept to grasp. They traded for a target and got it, just as they did with Roezee.
My Gray comment was tongue in cheek because the mouth breathers over there love them a reaction.
They over paid for a player. Not “their” player. If they didn’t do the trade, lost Sinn but got someone else, we’d be hearing about how someone else is “their man”.

Back