List Mgmt. 2021 Draft Picks part deux: 4/33/75

Pick4…

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Big fan of Ports drafting and trading in last few years but confused with that they did in totality this year

lots of outside mids or half backs recruited , not really something they’re lacking and certainly nothing to do with their big loss in the prelim

Big fan of Ports drafting and trading in last few years but confused with that they did in totality this year

lots of outside mids or half backs recruited , not really something they’re lacking and certainly nothing to do with their big loss in the prelim
Hobbs would’ve been a great get for them, to match the class of Butters in the middle in the future

I like Sinn too, but I can’t see him becoming a centre square player. Once Boak retires, they might be a bit light on

Hobbs would’ve been a great get for them, to match the class of Butters in the middle in the future

I like Sinn too, but I can’t see him becoming a centre square player. Once Boak retires, they might be a bit light on
Surely Sam Powell-Pepper and Willem Drew can fill that gap 😂

I reckon Jackson Mead is a bit of a sleeper for them, highly rated junior and can play. Reckon he'll be around the mark if not this year, the next.

I reckon Jackson Mead is a bit of a sleeper for them, highly rated junior and can play. Reckon he'll be around the mark if not this year, the next.
Yeah I didn’t mind Mead at all in his draft year. He got a media opportunity the other day, I saw - reckon they’ll be expecting good things from him in the next two years

Wayne - how did you feel on the night when we drafted Rachele … and how do you feel about it now ?
I was fine, everyone basically knew the story ending B4 the movie started .....so ultra boring night 1

As I've said, I'll back Hamish & the team to make the correct selection .....I've expressed my reservations moreso re the "hype"

There's obviously a plan in place ....3 x sub 180cm mid/fwds suggests a specific strategy ....and it suggests maybe the big bodied mid is to be a bit obsolete IF ball-ups are down and the play opening up with 6 x 6 x 6 and the "stand" rule

So I'll be excited to see it all come together, and I certainly want all our draftee's to succeed .....overall very happy with this years crop

I was fine, everyone basically knew the story ending B4 the movie started .....so ultra boring night 1

As I've said, I'll back Hamish & the team to make the correct selection .....I've expressed my reservations moreso re the "hype"

There's obviously a plan in place ....3 x sub 180cm mid/fwds suggests a specific strategy ....and it suggests maybe the big bodied mid is to be a bit obsolete IF ball-ups are down and the play opening up with 6 x 6 x 6 and the "stand" rule

So I'll be excited to see it all come together, and I certainly want all our draftee's to succeed .....overall very happy with this years crop
Well done

I’ve found it’s best to keep an open mind exactly like you have

Here ya go EC...11.30 mark. Make of it what you will.

I've heard this interview a few times.
People's perspectives on events can vary especially over time.
Recruiters wanted English and Pyke argued for speed and we picked Perryman for him to be matched.

Something doesn't add up.

Cooney a classic example of my point on motivation .....IMO only played for the $$$$ and had the natural talent to scrape thru ......B4 anyone counters with his Brownlow, that was ONE year

Give me a player like Sloane who, although not as naturally blessed with skills ....got everything out of himself & gave 100% ......pretty sure Cooney didn't give 100% too often

Sloane? The guy who has been coasting since 2017, before his last big contract. The guy who lacks the determination to work through tags?

he’s not the guy I’m choosing to compare with

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nope, Oak Park FC legend.;)

Wow. I know it’s junior footy and people can dominate that but 10 in a row is pretty special. Look forward to seeing what he can do

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Size wasn't a consideration
Elite skills were.

I watch a highlights package of Russell Ebert the other day and thought not much has change in 40 years. Dusty almost a clone.

I hope the board aren't backing our recruiters in blindly when it comes to midfielders.
Milera, Gallucci, Poholke, Jones, McHenry, Gibbs, Gibson, Hately.
Six 1st round picks used and none starting in the middle. I'm ok with Jones and McHenry.

We have two rookie picks heading the midfield.

Pedlar, Schoenberg, Berry, Rachele, Soligo, Taylor is a lot of draft capital when combined with the above.
Hopefully everythings about to change because if we don't end up with an elite midfield after having so many picks calls need to be made.

Size wasn't a consideration
Elite skills were.

I watch a highlights package of Russell Ebert the other day and thought not much has change in 40 years. Dusty almost a clone.

I hope the board aren't backing our recruiters in blindly when it comes to midfielders.
Milera, Gallucci, Poholke, Jones, McHenry, Gibbs, Gibson, Hately.
Six 1st round picks
used and none starting in the middle. I'm ok with Jones and McHenry.

We have two rookie picks heading the midfield.

Pedlar, Schoenberg, Berry, Rachele, Soligo, Taylor is a lot of draft capital when combined with the above.
Hopefully everythings about to change because if we don't end up with an elite midfield after having so many picks calls need to be made.

Why did those two sneak in?

Wow. I know it’s junior footy and people can dominate that but 10 in a row is pretty special. Look forward to seeing what he can do

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I remember when Luke Parker was drafted in the third round, it was mentioned that he had won every B & F from u/12’s or something like that.

And he’s turned out ok. Even won a Swans B & F I think.

Why did those two sneak in?
Hately is someone we were willing to trade for and would have probably offered more if we didn't have 1st pick in PSD.
Gibson such a Carlton pick.
I didn't include Sig

We have spent a lot of picks to built a midfield and plug gaps

Hately is someone we were willing to trade for and would have probably offered more if we didn't have 1st pick in PSD.
Gibson such a Carlton pick.
I didn't include Sig

We have spent a lot of picks to built a midfield and plug gaps

Who knows, really. It's quite likely we may had to considering we didn't have a risk free approach to getting Hately. Gibson was just a veteran body for a team thinking they were contenders (and we were that year), nothing more.

Who knows, really. It's quite likely we may had to considering we didn't have a risk free approach to getting Hately. Gibson was just a veteran body for a team thinking they were contenders (and we were that year), nothing more.
Either our drafting and recruiting for mids was ave for at least a 5 year period or our developing or roles weren't conducive.

I do like our group now and when they do a redo of the draft in 5 years everyone's going to bemoan letting Taylor slide. This and Cook are great moves.

Either our drafting and recruiting for mids was ave for at least a 5 year period or our developing or roles weren't conducive.

I do like our group now and when they do a redo of the draft in 5 years everyone's going to bemoan letting Taylor slide. This and Cook are great moves.

It's likely neither, more it's just a symptom a wider issue, which was the club imploded in late 2019 and was a toxic place to be for a while beforehand. We really weren't developing anywhere well for the three years prior, and the kids we were couldn't wait to get out of dodge.

Yeah, I'm also a fan of where our midfield is going, and on top of Taylor, I also really like the Nankervis addition, as he just looks like a big bodied midfielder. You've also hit on the player I'm hoping we're thinking his future in on the inside in Cook once he fills out and builds a larger endurance base, seeing if that part comes on, he'll has a good a shot as any in the league at ending up at the midfield zenith.

Last edited:
Back