List Mgmt. 2021 Draft Picks part deux: 4/33/75

Pick4…

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Come on mate, you know Mutineer gets blinded when he zeros in on a lad.

Goaters technique breaks down under pressure. Is it worth the risk? Maybe. Personally I really like what the kid brings to the table. But the modern game is about disposal efficiency, so it is a worry.
Talking about people zeroing in...how's Riley Grundy going these days?

He needs 15kgs to his 200cm frame being only 70kgs , Curious how he would be with more weight
Same would apply to Darcy ....yet no-one raise's his weight, only Mac Andrew

Yeh ....we have another player you have to use his full name, like Eddie Betts 🤣

Same would apply to Darcy ....yet no-one raise's his weight, only Mac Andrew
It applies to almost all 18yo talls. A Sudanese lad might have more trouble putting weight on though. All the Sudanese lads my boy has played with are very tall but still painfully thin even in their mid twenties now. Not many of the African lads in Australia are ever going to have a build like Majak. With Darcy you at least know the old man was a pretty big unit. Anyone seen Andrew’s old man? Maybe an older brother or something to give an idea?

More likely GWS go Gibcus or Andrew .....so you can understand their willingness to trade #2
your man love is obvious so this might interest you...;):footy:

And while we're on man love my boys Kai and Josh....Country boys the best...Already mates so draft em both?

Last edited:
No I don't because I've watched more than a highlight reel, all he needs to do is replicate his kicking when playing off half back where he settles before putting it to foot on most occasions. He's relatively new to midfield but he's proven he can already find the football in bunches against good opposition in the challenge matches and the several NAB League games he played in there, his hands are already elite, his kicking is highly penetrating already, it's all about getting comfortable in the midfield role and learning to settle for a stride or two instead of disposing at maximum rat power.

There is not 1 player in this draft with better tools at their disposal to be an absolute game-breaker, not one. This bloke is the closest player I've seen to a Patty Dangerfield clone in years.
I’m high on Goater as well, but IMO you have to put JHF and Callaghan in that game breaker conversation, too. Three different types of players with really high ceilings in their own right

The reason Goater’s probably a bit lower is that he’s a bit less of a sure thing. Not as much exposed midfield form, although when he’s been used there he’s one of the most dangerous clearance players in the pool. The hope is that he translates his extra productive game at the next level from half back to the midfield - which he absolutely can, just needs to calm down a bit when going flat-out then thinking of disposing by foot

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m high on Goater as well, but IMO you have to put JHF and Callaghan in that game breaker conversation, too. Three different types of players with really high ceilings in their own right

The reason Goater’s probably a bit lower is that he’s a bit less of a sure thing. Not as much exposed midfield form, although when he’s been used there he’s one of the most dangerous clearance players in the pool. The hope is that he translates his extra productive game at the next level from half back to the midfield - which he absolutely can, just needs to calm down a bit when going flat-out then thinking of disposing by foot
Just playing Devils Advocate here ....wasn't Callaghan ranked around 20 at the start of the year ? .....need to allow for the restricted # of games with some late developers ....and Goater would fall into that category, as he's only played a handful of games as a MID

And it's in this new role that has pricked the ears of recruiters

your man love is obvious so this might interest you...;):footy:

And while we're on man love my boys Kai and Josh....Country boys the best...Already mates so draft em both?

ill-take-it.gif

if we split picks with richmond

9 rachelle
17 goater

both after bids daicos darcy

will Goater any chance last to 17 that’s my question

Lol clutching at straws there bud. I'll happily accept Brad Crouch though 😜

Might not have had his best season but not too bad.
2021 Trevor Barker Award
1. Jack Steele - 234 votes
2. Jack Sinclair - 155
3. Tim Membrey - 136
4. Callum Wilkie - 124
=5. Brad Crouch - 120
=5. Bradley Hill - 120
7. Seb Ross - 117
8. Dougal Howard - 112
9. Jimmy Webster - 105
10. Max King - 101

Just playing Devils Advocate here ....wasn't Callaghan ranked around 20 at the start of the year ? .....need to allow for the restricted # of games with some late developers ....and Goater would fall into that category, as he's only played a handful of games as a MID

And it's in this new role that has pricked the ears of recruiters
Before the couple of early season trial games Callaghan was virtually unheralded altogether.

No Vic Metro at U16 level unlike Goater who was, albeit as a running back.

Might not have had his best season but not too bad.
2021 Trevor Barker Award
1. Jack Steele - 234 votes
2. Jack Sinclair - 155
3. Tim Membrey - 136
4. Callum Wilkie - 124
=5. Brad Crouch - 120
=5. Bradley Hill - 120
7. Seb Ross - 117
8. Dougal Howard - 112
9. Jimmy Webster - 105
10. Max King - 101
In a s**t side and that’s a pretty shitty top 10, Bradley Hill had a shocker and he tied with him. Seb Ross?

In a sh*t side and that’s a pretty shitty top 10, Bradley Hill had a shocker and he tied with him. Seb Ross?
A s**t team that finished 1 game out of the eight....and measly 36 disposals against Adelaide's finest.

You think the Saints were good? We beat them 🤣 As for our midfield it’s widely recognised as sucking.
I never said that did I?

But sure as Hell they were a superior outfit to the Crows across the entirety of the 2021 season...that much is indisputable.

Back