List Mgmt. 2021 Draft Picks part deux: 4/33/75

Pick4…

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Crouch wasn’t exclusive access in the mini draft, he could’ve gone in the National Draft pool the next year

Basically traded one future 1st and a current 1st for a higher future 1st (with a guarantee of a certain player)

Come to think about it, the 2018 Carlton Stocker deal was a pick upgrade, too (even if we downgraded it a little again lol)

it’s insane to pretend the mini draft is different to the national draft. If anything it was more highly rated

we chose Brouch over Josh Kelly and others, it was first bite at the best 17 yr olds in the country

Gold Coast gave up pick 2 for the right to select Jack Martin

That Twomey article was dated Dec 7th .....so it actually supports Sanders POV re links to Pedlar only in the week preceding the National Draft
I’m not arguing that real genuine links don’t come in the week before, just disputing that ‘Pedlar at 11’ was never even thought of

I’m not arguing that real genuine links don’t come in the week before, just disputing that ‘Pedlar at 11’ was never even thought of

it wasn’t. As your article proves

a couple of days before and suddenly for the first time ever, and not in the dozens of articles he’s written all year.

the date is the smoking gun that sinks your argument

They didn't even have a picture or highlight clip of pedlar... if we were linked to him they would have had that organised for draft night. It was a total wild card

it wasn’t. As your article proves

a couple of days before and suddenly for the first time ever, and not in the dozens of articles he’s written all year.

the date is the smoking gun that sinks your argument
???

This was not a Doedee-type selection where literally no-one in the media had any clue about it until Pyke read his name out. Just stating that Twomey seemingly started to irk onto the fact that we might have had some kind of interest in Pedlar, even if it was only a couple of days before (which is really when the first true intel starts to leak)

Not quite sure what you think I'm arguing, otherwise

???

This was not a Doedee-type selection where literally no-one in the media had any clue about it until Pyke read his name out. Just stating that Twomey seemingly started to irk onto the fact that we might have had some kind of interest in Pedlar, even if it was only a couple of days before (which is really when the first true intel starts to leak)

Not quite sure what you think I'm arguing, otherwise

just stop

it’s insane to pretend the mini draft is different to the national draft. If anything it was more highly rated

we chose Brouch over Josh Kelly and others, it was first bite at the best 17 yr olds in the country

Gold Coast gave up pick 2 for the right to select Jack Martin
I don't think Josh Kelly was eligible (different year). It was only a portion of the 17 year olds born in the first few months of 1994

(Log in to remove this ad.)

it’s not a bit of both. It’s just not.

you can talk around it all you like, but as a point of fact it can’t change the fact that teams draft for best available. Water is wet, the earth is round, Port fans fancy their mums, and teams draft for talent.

tie breakers might come into it, but they do not and have not drafted for need

it’s one of the reasons coaching staff are separate from recruiting. They have different timelines and goals

I believe this for the majority of lists, but there are also cases where clubs maneuver picks so that "best available" intersects with need for profit.

GWS this year potentially if they trade down from 2.

I believe this for the majority of lists, but there are also cases where clubs maneuver picks so that "best available" intersects with need for profit.

GWS this year potentially if they trade down from 2.

I don’t think it’s hard to see how the margins might be finessed. As you say a little finagling to align an intersection wouldn’t shock anyone.

after all best available has 2 parts:
Best &
Available

They should be all over matty roberts. Great footskills and can go forward and kick goals and an intelligent player and before his injury had some toe..not elite but not slow. Would take over the boak role eventually. Would be an ideal pick for them around that pick 12 mark

They can take him at 14, good chance to be there. Just feel like they will go for someone that has a higher ceiling.

They see themselves as in a flag window, they can take those risks with a first.

Roberts would be a very solid piece to build along with their few young players they already have, maybe they will.

They can take him at 14, good chance to be there. Just feel like they will go for someone that has a higher ceiling.

They see themselves as in a flag window, they can take those risks with a first.

Roberts would be a very solid piece to build along with their few young players they already have, maybe they will.
He just seems the ideal player for them and dont worry, his ceiling is good..better to go for a player that should have a very solid career than a player that may be a bust..roberts is a sure thing and at pick 12..or to be pick 14, he would be an excellent get for them

Back