List Mgmt. 2021 Draft Picks part deux: 4/33/75

Pick4…

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

At some point it's going to be hard to continue having a go at Vic metro inner city players when we're getting guys coming back to Adelaide who grew up in places like Robe and Gawler.

One day I might put together some stats around players returning home. Someone needs to do it so we can say for sure if there's a trend.
Shouldn't you be doing that against Vic Country boys?

Kai Lohmann..:padlock:;)

Google is your friend I'd expect?

Google is most people's best mate these days, unfortunately I haven't been able to see alot of footy or do any homework on up & coming kids.

Lohmann isn't that popular on Google either so you much have some good insights on him

All regions should be compared. Correct me if I'm wrong but I still haven't seen any data pointing towards a specific region where players are likely to move home.
Agree with this off the top of my head although haven’t researched it. I think people like to stereotype private school kids when very often, especially in a footy club environment, they just fit it with the rest. It’s certainly been my experience anyway.

You really should stick to posting on rules etc because you're clueless on the actual game of football.
I'm seeing the words "elite endurance and the ability to hit the scoreboard". That doesn't sound like a description of Ned McHenry?

I didn't bother clicking through the hyperlink, to see the rest of his profile. I just read what was written in the tweet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm seeing the words "elite endurance and the ability to hit the scoreboard". That doesn't sound like a description of Ned McHenry?

I didn't bother clicking through the hyperlink, to see the rest of his profile. I just read what was written in the tweet.
Exactly my point!

Uninformed comment.

It just makes me feel ill not taking an elite kid with pick 4. It’s such a gaping hole in our side it’s not funny.

Nah not at all, mate, i think we're in a win/win situation heading into the draft.

If we have a specific player in mind i think we'll take him at that pick (I rate Hobbs/Goater at that pick, personally), if we rate a whole bunch them fairly evenly then we might have the luxury of splitting and getting one of them anyway.

Some clubs that are behind us in the draft are probably looking at a specific player, or are looking at local talent, and they might be keen to find their way up the order. The draft environment has moved on from taking purely 'best available', there are clearly other factors at play these days.

It all depends on who gets selected in the first 4, and whether there are any movements of picks ahead of us.

I have a gut feeling that GWS will want to work with Richmond or Hawks, as their pick is the prime spot for Finn Callaghan, and i think if they're after Mac Andrew he'll be still available at the Richmond or Hawks' first. If Hawks want Pick 2 they're likely going to have to involve their 1st rounder next year, as GWS unlikely to be interested in Hawks 2nd rounders, as they have another 1st rounder this year at Pick 13. My guess is Richmond work their way to Pick 2.

I think Freo are pretty well placed to take best available AND local, so probably won't want to work their way up the order.

For me it's split into the following 'bands':

JHF
Daicos
Darcy
Callaghan

Hobbs
Ward
Goater
Andrew
Rachele

Erasmus
Gibcus
W-Milera
Draper
Amiss
Aleer

Edit: An example of where we might split is when it gets to our pick and Hobbs/Ward/Goater are still on the board, and Hawks say 'Hey Crows, we'll give you Pick 5 and Pick 24 for Pick 4' because they really want Josh Ward. No skin off our nose to do the deal, because we'll still get one of two players we highly rate.

The other side of the coin is that there might be minimal movement, because the top 5-15, IMO, is fairly rich in quality players, and teams might not see much point in sacrificing picks to move up the order.

Last edited:
Google is most people's best mate these days, unfortunately I haven't been able to see alot of footy or do any homework on up & coming kids.

Lohmann isn't that popular on Google either so you much have some good insights on him
Suppose it depends where you look?

He's also had an occasional run on ball and didn't look out of place there either with his speed and agility.

Kevin Sheahan's bio :
Kai Lohmann
GWV Rebels, NAB League / Lake Wendoree FC/ St Pats
State: Victoria (Country)
Height: 185cm
Weight: 77kg
Date of Birth: 06/05/03

Medium forward with mercurial ability in the air and around goals, using his pace and agility to create opportunities. A competitive type, he has some of the traits of Isaac Heeney with the ability to make something out of nothing up forward with that real X-factor in the air. Missed the Victoria Country Under-19s match with injury, he played nine matches for the Rebels this year, averaging 15.3 disposals, 4.7 marks and almost a goal a game. His impressive combination of speed (2.99 seconds for 20 metres) and endurance (six minutes 19 seconds for 2km) stood out at the Victorian Country Combine, highlighting his athletic prowess.

1634257115355.png

Tell me you read the words "elite endurance and the ability to hit the scoreboard", and didn't instantly think of McHenry - and I will call you a liar.
Then call me a liar because unlike you I'm fully informed and a 192cm 88Kg inside midfielder most certainly doesn't bring little Neddy even close to what I'd think.

And 88kg already.

Ned Long is the best tall Midfielder in this years draft & also fits what Nicks likes as a tall that is very good at winning contested possessions on the ground and elite tackling.

I don't know a whole lot personally but this is what I have heard.

Eth Dog has us picking Hobbs. Not another 183cm inside mid please.

Pick 6, Adelaide: Ben Hobbs (183/80, Inside Midfielder, GWV Rebels). This pick could shape the draft as much as any other. I've gone away from thinking they'll take one of the locals in Draper or Roberts, a classy user or a hard nosed ball winner? Obviously I've gone with the hard nose ball winner in Hobbs, a player they'll give plenty of midfield minutes to next year.
Others considered: Arlo Draper, Josh Ward, Nasiah Wanganeen-Milera.

Pretty sure we ain't taking Rachele with our 1st.
Big body explosive mid was in the text I received today.
Same source that said we wouldn't nominate Edwards last year and said Dawson and Burgess were in the bag when the media was spinning crap
Well that's Goater to a tee isn't it? (Provided Callaghan isn't available)

Ned Long is the best tall Midfielder in this years draft & also fits what Nicks likes as a tall that is very good at winning contested possessions on the ground and elite tackling.

I don't know a whole lot personally but this is what I have heard.
I wouldn't go that far but he's certainly draftable and likely to be a good value pick if he slips into the back half of the draft. Goater, Callaghan and Knevitt have him for speed and agility but then again they've also got almost all mids in this draft covered in that aspect of the game. Probably why I'm not as keen on the big WA mid Johnson with a 1st round pick as some.

I wouldn't go that far but he's certainly draftable and likely to be a good value pick if he slips into the back half of the draft. Goater, Callaghan and Knevitt have him for speed and agility but then again they've also got almost all mids in this draft covered in that aspect of the game. Probably why I'm not as keen on the big WA mid Johnson with a 1st round pick as some.
What do you think of Erasmus for us..high end outside mid that can hit the scoreboard. Seems like a real need for us and if he is right up there talent wise, would be hard to look past

Back