• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

So do we have first pick in the rookie draft then

1. North - Polec
2. Collingwood - Chugg
3. GC - Thompson or McLennan
4. Us?

It sucks until we're in that position (hopefully one day).
In fairness, Melbourne missed out this year. Mac Andrew was part of their academy just like JUH last year was part of the dogs academy. The dogs benefit and the AFL change the rule and Melbourne miss out...Maybe the AFL didn't think Andrew would end up being so highly rated otherwise they might have pushed the rule change back a year to help one of the big melbourne clubs!!

1. North - Polec
2. Collingwood - Chugg
4. Us?
Are there any delisted players we should look at?

I haven't seen much of Connor Blakley but he appears to have fallen out with Longmuir over there.

In fairness, Melbourne missed out this year. Mac Andrew was part of their academy just like JUH last year was part of the dogs academy. The dogs benefit and the AFL change the rule and Melbourne miss out...Maybe the AFL didn't think Andrew would end up being so highly rated otherwise they might have pushed the rule change back a year to help one of the big melbourne clubs!!
The FS rule still stinks IMO. It should be the same as the academy system if at all.

1. North - Polec
2. Collingwood - Chugg
4. Us?

I just had a strange thought that wouldn't it be hilarious if North didn't use PSD selection one on Polec, and Gold Coast picked him up.

A "reverse Greenwood".

:p

I just had a strange thought that wouldn't it be hilarious if Noerth didn't use PSD selection one on Polec, and Gold Coast picked him up.

A "reverse Greenwood".

:p
Wow... GC lose twice. Once by losing Greenwood, once by gaining Polec.

The FS rule still stinks IMO. It should be the same as the academy system if at all.
a very simple solution would be that any bid matching cannot be done with more than 2 picks. That will get rid of accumulating a bunch of junk picks to match a bid with. So for example if Daicos was a definite chance at a pick 1 bid and that happened, then Collingwood would have needed a couple of pretty high picks to match or he could have been North's

Are there any delisted players we should look at?

I haven't seen much of Connor Blakley but he appears to have fallen out with Longmuir over there.

Blakey looked like he was going to be a player but he’s fallen off a cliff. There’s your tall midfielder though

I remember McLennan was supposed to be a good player and a few on here wanted him. He hasn’t done anything so apart from those 2 it’s just best to go a young rookie

a very simple solution would be that any bid matching cannot be done with more than 2 picks. That will get rid of accumulating a bunch of junk picks to match a bid with. So for example if Daicos was a definite chance at a pick 1 bid and that happened, then Collingwood would have needed a couple of pretty high picks to match or he could have been North's
Why give them a points discount on top of priority match.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I won't say who is terrible, but players who aren't fantastic: O'Brien, Keays, Laird, Murphy, Sloane, Butts, Crouch, Hately, Berry, Pedlar.

Haven't seen enough of Gollant, Worrel, Borlase, Murray and Newchurch to say for sure.

Hamil seems hit and miss.

Berry and Pedlar have time on their side. Berry seems good at short hit up kicks.
According to the Fox Sports Lab, Butts went at 82% disposal efficiency (79% kick efficiency) this year. Our 2nd best after Kelly (84%). Pretty happy with that for a big guy.

Pedlar went at 58% and Hately went at 60%, but off 2 games and 3 games respectively - I'll give that a bit more time.

The rest not too bad for mostly onballers: O'Brien (68%), Keays (65%), Laird (71%), Murphy (65% but not onballer), Sloane (70%), Crouch (n/a), Berry (70%)

Worst for those above 3 games for the year: Easy (62%), Walker (64%), Thilthorpe (64%),

Why give them a points discount on top of priority match.
keep it a bit romantic with some chance the player can end up at his fathers club.. but if daicos was bid on at say pick 1, it might have needed 2 x 1st rounders to match the bid which would be seen as a hell of a lot fairer than picks 32, 35, 43, 44 59 and whatever

Losing Walsh was one of the biggest tragedies. :'(

Well yes, but not for coaching reasons. We'll never know if he could have walked the walk.

Last edited:
Its got very little to do with why we havent won a flag.

I disagree, it does have a fair bit to do with, but not for the reasons stated. More, it's generally easier to retain SA players and with that likely has a knock-on effect with salary cap management.

Though of course, not getting draft sanctions also goes a long way towards winning premierships.

Back