List Mgmt. 2021 Draft Picks part deux: 4/33/75

Pick4…

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Look at the chances he’s had, you can complain about the years on the list but the opportunities and way he’s been treated have been a joke.
Hey, I hope he comes out and proves everyone wrong. No fan should be actively hoping our players fail so good luck to him. IMO ROC had even fewer opportunities and I would have rather seen him given another go if that's the approach we are taking.

We don't have the youngest list at all, let alone by a country mile. North's list is younger, by a massive 0.12 years (average).

Yes, it was flagged early, to prepare us for the bad news. That doesn't make it a good idea, or even a fair idea. It was a bad decision, a dog eating its own vomit.

When did you turn into a drama merchant? Really over the top.

The only thing that re-listing Davis does is cost us a SPP/ mid season draft selection if no one else is on the long term injury list.

Obscure reference, but I remember the scene in Escape to Victory where they broke the current goal keeper's arm so that they could bring Sylvester Stallone. I hope Ben's been asked to watch that movie as part of bringing him back on. We'll make it a clean break, Ben.;)
Great movie! Bad visuals for poor Ben though.

That was 2020 preseason, he played in the preseason matches, played it against Swans rd 1 and earned coaches votes. Only to never get a game after the covid resumption until late 2021. If ever a players been mismanaged it’s Davis. He should have played a number of games by name so we knew one way or another.
Or we can invest in a guy who plays a similar role, is 4 years younger, 10cm taller, just as talented and agile. Josh Worrell.

Thank you all for the laughs last 2 nights especially as the draft occurred
I really did munch the Christmas Cake as it got boring. Prior I had written childish notes on it as hubby is a muncher of the night
I was the culprit that broke the rule haha and wrapped it in alfoil but he spotted it
The Paul’s Brandy custard I don’t recommend
4062049A-905D-40F9-9753-DFA91C669765.jpeg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We don't have the youngest list at all, let alone by a country mile. North's list is younger, by a massive 0.12 years (average).

Yes, it was flagged early, to prepare us for the bad news. That doesn't make it a good idea, or even a fair idea. It was a bad decision, a dog eating its own vomit.

we probably do have close to the youngest if you remove Walker and Sloane's age. Anyways the average age only really matters if you hit the high 23s and 24s plus. Being we would be one of the lowest, well its not a competition. As long as we develop our players well and pump games into them.

Actually that's not completely true

You got your info from draft guru, but that hasn't been updated with today's picks where North took Polec which will bump up their average age while we took Nankervis which will further lower ours.

Once it's updated we'll still be the youngest list in the AFL, just not by as much as I thought.

Last edited:
I'm not overly interested in getting a list to copycat Melbourne or Richmond. Trends come and go, it's up to a new team to set the standard for other clubs to copy.

By the time we have a list of players at the same body shape as either of these teams in their prime, the trend would be well and truly over.

We have a really young list and I am grateful that Nicks is leading that
The negative useless incompetent gooses have largely gone
Let’s feel some hope
I do
posted on the main board - look at our forward line that is building - and ALL young with years ahead of them

Thilthorpe - pick 2 (R1) - key forward
Fogarty - pick 12 (R1) - lead up forward
Rachele - pick 6 (R1) - small x factor forward
Cook - pick 25 (R1) - x factor medium forward
McHenry - pick 16 (R1) - small presure forward / mid
Gollant - later pick - mid size marking forward

Maybe end of next year - Rankine can be added to that

The trick will be getting the quality we have in the middle and on the flanks to be able to match it with the best - then we can be really dangerous.

An open question. With the way our list is building and what we have done back of house culturally and in terms of getting guys like Burgo in etc, how long before we pass port on their way down and correct that showdown imbalance for years to come

We currently have only a First and second round Pick in the 2022 draft.

Round 3 pick was traded to Melbourne
Round 4 pick was traded to St Kilda

Back