List Mgmt. 2021 draft pool.

Remove this Banner Ad

Paddy had all the tools just got too many head knocks and I don't think the diabetes helped. Pattons knees were f’ed and he's oblviously a bit of a nutter. Shache is as soft as they come. Looking at some of Callows draft profiles it doesn't seems like that is Callows issue. They all have his strengths as Contested marking, aggression, strength, competitiveness, work rate etc.

He's kicked 11.13 in 7 game for the redlegs in the SANFL which is against big bodies. Taken 14 contested marks in the last 2 weeks and averages 6.5 marks. Not bad for an 18 year old.

Was touted as a potential first round pick last year, didn't get picked up even after training with Hawthorn so I do agree, something doesn't seem right :think:
I checked out his highlights after hearing his name mentioned last draft and feeling we were desperate for a Jack R replacement.
My impression was that he didn't seem to move or jump a lot. Just stood like an immovable tree trunk and stuck his arms up to take a mark. I think that is a lot easier to do in the under 18 competition than it is in the AFL and don't know how he'd transition.

What pick will we have in the Mid Season draft as the ladder stands now? Which teams below dont have any list spots for the draft?
It's looking like every team below us will have at least one pick. The only question mark is if we leapfrog GWS, as even though they can participate they haven't committed to doing so yet.

He's the one I'd take as well. Probably the most AFL-ready player available. Would slot straight into our midfield and give us some much needed size.

EDIT: Also like Callow, but I think he'll be gone by our pick.

Freeman is an absolute butcher of the footy. Hard pass.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We better prey this covid doesn't scrap the seasons of all the under age football this year or we're gonna have our strongest draft hand ever gambling on kids who have barely played in 2 years. Alot happens in 2 years plenty of highly rated 16 year olds drop off and plenty of unrated kids turn into champions. Fingers crossed!!!!!!!!

After injuring his leg, a few "experts" are tipping Sonsie to go outside the top 10 after being rated a top 5 pick the majority of the year. Sounds good to me! Screenshot_20210704-212354_Chrome.jpg

After injuring his leg, a few "experts" are tipping Sonsie to go outside the top 10 after being rated a top 5 pick the majority of the year. Sounds good to me!View attachment 1170964
Think we've been undersized in the midfield for a while and it hurts us.

I notice we have 42 and 47, I wonder if there's a team we could trade with to turn that into a low 30s pick, give us something like 5 picks inside 35?

I notice we have 42 and 47, I wonder if there's a team we could trade with to turn that into a low 30s pick, give us something like 5 picks inside 35?
Sub 180cm Bolton, Prestia & Lambert are among our best. Cotch is 185. I like more 190cm type mids. Sonsie at 181 is hardly a solution.

Sub 180cm Bolton, Prestia & Lambert are among our best. Cotch is 185. I like more 190cm type mids. Sonsie at 181 is hardly a solution.
I think we definitely need a bit more size in the middle. But I think for our game plan at least endurance is the most important attribute we need our mids to have. Without Lambert and Prestia we're horribly exposed defensively.

Good to see this thread bumped again.

This is a pointless exercise I’m embarking on, but I enjoy it.

I know there will be a million trades that change the scenario, but at the moment there are a few teams with only 2 picks in the top 50 that could be interested in getting 2 of our later picks for one of their earlier picks:

Essendon 7 & 44

Saints 8 & 45

( would they prefer 14 & 27 for pick 7 or 8? Would we? Only if we identify a particular target expected to not last until 14)

Carlton 6 & 25 –

Freo 9 & 28 –

Similar option of offering a first and second for their 1st rounder, also 25 or 28 would be handy for us, but don’t think 42 & 47 would do it.

Sydney 13 & 32 then 68

Port 15 then 57 –

Bulldogs 18 then 73

Would our two second rounders (27 & 29) be worth any of these first round picks?

Good to see this thread bumped again.

This is a pointless exercise I’m embarking on, but I enjoy it.

I know there will be a million trades that change the scenario, but at the moment there are a few teams with only 2 picks in the top 50 that could be interested in getting 2 of our later picks for one of their earlier picks:

Essendon 7 & 44

Saints 8 & 45

( would they prefer 14 & 27 for pick 7 or 8? Would we? Only if we identify a particular target expected to not last until 14)

Carlton 6 & 25 –

Freo 9 & 28 –

Similar option of offering a first and second for their 1st rounder, also 25 or 28 would be handy for us, but don’t think 42 & 47 would do it.

Sydney 13 & 32 then 68

Port 15 then 57 –

Bulldogs 18 then 73

Would our two second rounders (27 & 29) be worth any of these first round picks?

Would start off by looking at the clubs with highly rated father/sons. The Pies are one but they have already traded their first this year and will likely need more picks to match Pick 1 so we could look at doing a pick swap for one of their 2022 picks.

The second is the Bulldogs. They have had young Darcy pop up this year as a likely top 5 pick so we could possibly satisfy them points wise with a bunch of our later picks.

We could then look at swapping the dogs pick and Saints second to move up further in the 1st round but who knows, we might even have a player or two that wants to leave at years end and we could look at either getting more picks or upgrading picks that way.

I’d just be happy if we walked away from the draft with a KPD, KPF and Inside Mid. If we added a Narkle/Wallace/Lipinski/Ainsworth type on top of that then that would be great.

No doubt when I saw he was sub 185cm I thought it's not ideal. The good thing though is that more and more players are being talked about as top 20 prospects in recent weeks and guys like Sonsie are dropping.

Hell, even Van Rooyan and Rhett Bazzo aren't even considered first round picks anymore! I remember a few months ago we were saying picking those two would be a dream scenario.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back