List Mgmt. 2021 draft pool.

Remove this Banner Ad

Seems a bit early to try turn Gibcus into a forward?

Bazzo will be gone by 28 I reckon sadly
yeah i mainly mentioned the gibcus thing as an if we get bazzo, but i feel like with the way gibcus jumps and attacks the ball in the air it would be a waste to not at least try him up forward with only samson ryan as our developing forward. just gotta hope gibcus knows how to kick between the sticks

You just know we will be selecting 3 randoms with those picks. I actually think we will trade one of them for next year.

When obvious players don't get selected (i.e M Johnson, Bianco, D. Robertson) you just know we pick up a mature age, or someone no one has heard of.

Freo only has the current equivalent of picks 8 and 80 in next years draft and we have Norths second .

I reckon North would be keen to move their picks in the thirties this year up... Maybe their 37 and next year's 53 for our 30.

We move 2022 19 (North's 2nd) and 53 to Freo for pick 21... They might want more..
If so we could offer 2022 19 and this year's 37 for 21..

I think we could offer to be their way back into next year's draft.

Wouldn’t be selling the house through to move up the order. Still a good chance we can nab , Sonsie , Goater , McDonald , Butler.

Won't surprise me we go for a key forward either who is available ?.

I think they can wait until their pick #32 to take Conway as there is no other team that would take him before 30
Motlop/Bazzo are the 2 players that could go in the picks prior to Richmond
Read somewhere this morning that there was another club keen on Conway, and the Cats would pick him with one of their upcoming picks. Just can’t remember the team that was mentioned

Read somewhere this morning that there was another club keen on Conway, and the Cats would pick him with one of their upcoming picks. Just can’t remember the team that was mentioned
Whilst i did post that the Cats if they want him would wait until the #32 it doesnt stop another club live trading to get infront to select him
Carltn need a kpd but are also in need of another Ruck and Conway is considered the best from this crop

Ralph’s reporting we’re trying to trade up
For Johnson. It’s paywalled though
It’s a fluff piece saying Hawks and us are keen, nothing concrete at all. Says both clubs have the draft capital to get pick 21 from Freo, but Freo likely to want to get back in to the 2nd or 3rd round next year as they’ve traded their own picks.
id link the article if I knew how but I’m an IT nuffie 😂😂🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

Williams is an interesting option.

If he comes good Gibcus and Williams solves a lot of problems long term.

Want Williams?

I know the gun was high on van Rooyen
I also liked JVR but with Gibcus in the bag not that fussed

Williams is an interesting player, Kid is one of the youngest in the draft and still 17 years old so will have some more growth and development
looks like a poor mans Hawkins and speed/agility not the best but has a good tank. If he was 5-6cm taller would be a CJ replacement

Dont think i would use 26-28 on him but if a trade with say Crows were to eventuate #35+F2 for #26/#28 then i would jump at it with the #35 and bank the crows F2 (presuming they have hard for Draper)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You just know we will be selecting 3 randoms with those picks. I actually think we will trade one of them for next year.

When obvious players don't get selected (i.e M Johnson, Bianco, D. Robertson) you just know we pick up a mature age, or someone no one has heard of.

Random picks like Cumberland and Martyn incoming

Trading out feels a bit weird after making the Collingwood trade pre draft

yeah i mainly mentioned the gibcus thing as an if we get bazzo, but i feel like with the way gibcus jumps and attacks the ball in the air it would be a waste to not at least try him up forward with only samson ryan as our developing forward. just gotta hope gibcus knows how to kick between the sticks

there is no rush with JR and Lynch still doing there thing

Have we been tied to anyone still remaining?

Linked to sonsie a fair bit by the media @ 17 prior to the draft.

I expect he goes to hawthorn or geelong. Might be worth trading up for if the club rates him?

Would stop the midfield melting somewhat too.

there is no rush with JR and Lynch still doing there thing

It wouldn't hurt to have a big fwd developing in the 2s.

Maybe miller or biggie get pushed forward (?)

I also liked JVR but with Gibcus in the bag not that fussed

Williams is an interesting player, Kid is one of the youngest in the draft and still 17 years old so will have some more growth and development
looks like a poor mans Hawkins and speed/agility not the best but has a good tank. If he was 5-6cm taller would be a CJ replacement

Dont think i would use 26-28 on him but if a trade with say Crows were to eventuate #35+F2 for #26/#28 then i would jump at it with the #35 and bank the crows F2 (presuming they have hard for Draper)
That's a good call!

Freo only has the current equivalent of picks 8 and 80 in next years draft and we have Norths second .

I reckon North would be keen to move their picks in the thirties this year up... Maybe their 37 and next year's 53 for our 30.

We move 2022 19 (North's 2nd) and 53 to Freo for pick 21... They might want more..
If so we could offer 2022 19 and this year's 37 for 21..

I think we could offer to be their way back into next year's draft.
Do a pick swap with Geelong so we get there 24 or 25 and put that with 25(our future second) next year for 21?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back