List Mgmt. 2021 draft pool.

Remove this Banner Ad

The main point of my post is I want us to further strengthen next year which has more tall options, I am happy to get the best deal we can.
Not too sure giving up assets like #38 + #40 for 1 in the 30's to get a taller option in the 30's is such a great option as the player selected at tht level specially a tall his extremely hit and miss.

Im all for trading into 2022 but not at 50% of the value

I agree he's not the finished article but I see it as a risk / reward scenario.

Alex Rance fits the description you listed too.

I'm happy to roll the dice.
Not too sure if you can compare Rance to Alleer Rance was an expected 1st rounder and had more football ability
Alleer is a fantastic athlete that can mark but his disposal ability and football IQ is not a top 30 but he is a project player you wouldnt mind in the 3rd round imo

So is the general consensus Horne-Francis, Daicos, Darcy, Andrew, Gibcus, Callaghan, Ward and Erasmus going to be off the table before our pick?

Wonder if 40 and our future 3rd would get Saints future 2nd.
I think if we are still holding picks #38 & #40 on draft night and pick #36 comes around the phones will be ringing

St Kilda - Port - Carlton - Essendon - Adelaide will be looking at players still on the board and thinking " Wow we didnt think this player would still be here' lets trade our 2022 2nd and get him. Picks will gain value on draft night

Not too sure giving up assets like #38 + #40 for 1 in the 30's to get a taller option in the 30's is such a great option as the player selected at tht level specially a tall his extremely hit and miss.

Im all for trading into 2022 but not at 50% of the value
What you are forgetting though is we maybe able to combine two picks to get higher next year. Brisbane is one possibility with father son bidding.

Im happy
What you are forgetting though is we maybe able to combine two picks to get higher next year. Brisbane is one possibility with father son bidding.
Dont believe Brisbane will be looking for more picks this year with limited list spots and would hardly think they are looking to give away picks in 2022 with the ashcroft kid coming in which leaves their 2022 1st which would be on the table for the right pick. They have 14, 18, 41, 54, 60,
Not too sure which of our picks 26,28,38,40 would appeal to them and their pick in 2022 will most likely be 15+

Im happy

Dont believe Brisbane will be looking for more picks this year with limited list spots and would hardly think they are looking to give away picks in 2022 with the ashcroft kid coming in which leaves their 2022 1st which would be on the table for the right pick. They have 14, 18, 41, 54, 60,
Not too sure which of our picks 26,28,38,40 would appeal to them and their pick in 2022 will most likely be 15+
I said next year. My whole idea is about improving our draft position next year to get some more talls that are in short supply this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stuff trading out of this draft, madness if we do. Got two decent first rounders, and two more than handy seconds. Just use them and enhance our squad.
All this talk about shipping out picks this year for next is crazy. If we have to trade picks, trade the third rounders for a pick in the 20’s, but use it
This! Also no trading future 1sts! Pies did that, they could potentially have had Daicos plus any other mid aside from Horne-Francis had they not traded it....
Any kid that has a great U18's yr u r no chance of getting them by doing that!

This! Also no trading future 1sts! Pies did that, they could potentially have had Daicos plus any other mid aside from Horne-Francis had they not traded it....
Any kid that has a great U18's yr u r no chance of getting them by doing that!
Thats pretty short sighted to ignore a benefit if it presents itself

If Pies / Hawks / Eagles are prepared to trade out their 2022 1st rounder for a trade that looks like a benefit they we must explore this option
e.g Pies 2022 1st rounder for Richmonds 20221 1st plus pick $28 then you jump at it

If Pies / Hawks / Eagles are prepared to trade out their 2022 1st rounder for a trade that looks like a benefit they we must explore this option
e.g Pies 2022 1st rounder for Richmonds 20221 1st plus pick $28 then you jump at it
No, you do not! Risky at best

You don't see too many trades of future picks in the same round as clubs know it's risky and if they have a bad year with things like injuries could end up downgrading a pick rather than upgrading it.

Ooft

Maybe if we had a really strong side that had a premiership window of 3 years ahead. But we have come to the last dance and the list manager is gearing up for a rebuild.

It would be amazing if we go again next year havinga "last dance" type scenario with dusty becoming teh michael jordan of the afl would be the dream. But the netrual perspective in me says we dont make the 8 next year.

You don't see too many trades of future picks in the same round as clubs know it's risky and if they have a bad year with things like injuries could end up downgrading a pick rather than upgrading it.
Teams like collingwood have to continue the rebuild and you cant do that taking 1 player at pick 1/2 then another at 45
they will need to borrow from the future to bring in players to develop together. They have no assets to trade this year part from future picks

Without knowing anything about any of the prospects I still think Hobbs although not an excitement machine sounds like a perfect pickup for us. A competitive beast and a workhorse, a leader, a 2 way runner and potentially the best inside midfielder in the draft and he's ready to make an impact from r1.

All of our midfielders bar probably Cotchin these days can be damaging on the outside so it's not like we're desperate for him to do that at an elite level too. We've been crying out for the club to target an inside bull at the trade period but when the best one in the draft is most likely available to us most here prefer we go someone more flashy or an athletic beast. I've been critical of the club for going for the safe options in the past but this kid seems like a safe bet in the position we're arguably crying out for the most.

He really does read like Selwood/Boak hybrid....and he's a Richmond fan. Hope he's still there at our first pick.
Totally agree, kid looks ready and that’s what we need.
Think Hobbs will be the best mid left anyway so I’m thinking we’ll get him with our first.
Hopefully get Van Rooyen with pick 15.
Maybe a slider will fall our way for pick 26 Goater or Sonsie if we’re lucky.

It would be amazing if we go again next year havinga "last dance" type scenario with dusty becoming teh michael jordan of the afl would be the dream.
But the netrual perspective in me says we dont make the 8 next year.

Wow, I'm thinking the opposite, this team won a flag only 12 months ago, sure 2021 was a whitewash for many reasons, a lot of injuries to key players, lack of hunger, not adjusting to the new rules and thus we needed to tweak the game plan to counter these especially the stand on the mark rule.

No doubt our players will be reenergized and hungry for more success. and if we can stay healthy I can't see why we can't challenge for the flag.
We know that our game plan stacks up in finals/GF's.

Teams like collingwood have to continue the rebuild and you cant do that taking 1 player at pick 1/2 then another at 45
they will need to borrow from the future to bring in players to develop together. They have no assets to trade this year part from future picks
That's all well and good, but it doesn't really have anything to do with the point I made

That's all well and good, but it doesn't really have anything to do with the point I made
" You don't see too many trades of future picks in the same round as clubs know it's risky and if they have a bad year with things like injuries could end up downgrading a pick rather than upgrading it. "

This was the post i replied to and was making the point that teams like collingwood dont have a choice to wait for organic picks and must trade in more picks to accelerate the rebuild 'RISKING THEIR FUTURE PICK' even if it goes bad
1 pick at 2 and another at 62 is not going to cut it.

Wow, I'm thinking the opposite, this team won a flag only 12 months ago, sure 2021 was a whitewash for many reasons, a lot of injuries to key players, lack of hunger, not adjusting to the new rules and thus we needed to tweak the game plan to counter these especially the stand on the mark rule.

No doubt our players will be reenergized and hungry for more success. and if we can stay healthy I can't see why we can't challenge for the flag.
Curious do you think if our 2020 side played against the 2021 grand final Demons team we would win ?

I agree. We are far too good a list not to be playing finals. I think with a rest and a different voice in Teague being introduced and a reenergised coaching group we can launch again. We looked really tired last year.

This is why I think we are all in for the first round of the draft this year. If we can get another first rounder that’s our list refresh right there in one draft. When does that happen? Not often. Maximise the opportunity we have in this draft. We haven’t had top 10 picks since Vlastuin.

I think we can refresh this list and address needs quickly to bounce back up there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back