List Mgmt. 2021 draft pool.

Remove this Banner Ad

But they'll get 12 mnths more development next year than the current crop who have had what 6 games amongst their peers in the past 2yrs not to mention the Champs.
I agree, with this new road map it should guarantee a full year of footy next season, national championships and finals, surely that gives the recruiters better intel than what they are working off this year.

Last edited:
But they'll get 12 mnths more development next year than the current crop who have had what 6 games amongst their peers in the past 2yrs not to mention the Champs.
And next years kids will have had even less than that. So they're further behind in their development.

Not sure about that rationale
what are you not sure about?

This years draft had Under 16's comp to both develop and be watched by recruiters and sporadic games here and there.

Next years draft will not have been developed from 15 years of age to their 18th birthdays. Scouts will only have footage and notes from one year of decent football and notes from when they were 14...

What if the best players get injured next year and go undrafted or slide to the pick 40's ? Hence the value of picks for next year are not high and trading into this draft.

Also i wouldn't be surprised if the draft top 10 is comprised of mostly WA and SA kids

what are you not sure about?

This years draft had Under 16's comp to both develop and be watched by recruiters and sporadic games here and there.

Next years draft will not have been developed from 15 years of age to their 18th birthdays. Scouts will only have footage and notes from one year of decent football and notes from when they were 14...

What if the best players get injured next year and go undrafted or slide to the pick 40's ? Hence the value of picks for next year are not high and trading into this draft.

Also i wouldn't be surprised if the draft top 10 is comprised of mostly WA and SA kids
So this years crop if they weren’t injured would of played six games since under 16s. Next years crop should of played over 20 including championships and finals. If I was a recruiter I know what I would prefer. Surely the more recent data is more valuable.

don't care about "points" if that means us landing a brighter talent

But in saying all this the amount of fluctuation in opinion of this draft makes you think 26,27,28 might be the better hand ?
It has nothing to do with points, its just too much to give away for moving up only a few selections

I see why we are keen to trade up to pick 2 with the wraps that are on Callaghan

Adelaide keen on Rachele according this article. That would mean, one Hobbs or Ward more likely slide to 7 (9).
If we can’t find a suitable trade that doesn’t pillage our draft assets to get to pick 2 for Callghan, I would not be upset going with Mac Andrew at pick 7.
Also the club would be laughing if Gibcus fell to pick 15.

Sounds like GWS want Andrew but don’t want him at pick 2. They are thinking Tigers will take him at pick 7, so they’ll work with most likely Freo to get pick 6, 19 and swap next years firsts. Freo will take Callghan at pick 2.
Leaves Gold Coast in a weird position. Pretty sure they would be looking for best player available, which at that stage will be a very difficult choice. In my opinion it’s Ward or Rachelle. I don’t think they will be interested in either. So they will like to trade down or even out. Accumulate more future picks, where tigers could jump in with pick 15 and a future 1st and draft Ward at 3.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we can’t find a suitable trade that doesn’t pillage our draft assets to get to pick 2 for Callghan, I would not be upset going with Mac Andrew at pick 7.
Also the club would be laughing if Gibcus fell to pick 15.

Sounds like GWS want Andrew but don’t want him at pick 2. They are thinking Tigers will take him at pick 7, so they’ll work with most likely Freo to get pick 6, 19 and swap next years firsts. Freo will take Callghan at pick 2.
Leaves Gold Coast in a weird position. Pretty sure they would be looking for best player available, which at that stage will be a very difficult choice. In my opinion it’s Ward or Rachelle. I don’t think they will be interested in either. So they will like to trade down or even out. Accumulate more future picks, where tigers could jump in with pick 15 and a future 1st and draft Ward at 3.
Reckon the Suns will take Gibcus @ 3.They have Hollands more or less a new recruit so their Midfield is solid enough.
Nth-Horne
Coll-Daicos
Foot-Darcy
Freo-Callaghan
Suns-Gibcus
Adel-Rachelle/Ward
Haw-Ward/Hobbs
GWS-Andrew
Rich-Hobbs/Erasmus/Johnson

Not sure about that rationale
Sure the kids in next years draft will likely play more games than this years crop, but that doesn't change the fact that they have also missed as many if not more games than the kids in this years draft over the last 2 years, given the focus would have been of getting any game time into this years draftees rather than giving bottom aged kids opportunity. So while recruiters will have more games in 2022 to take look at the kids, they won't have anything historically to compare it to in terms of how well a kid has developed from their U16 years.

Is there anywhere to find clearances and contested possession numbers for the NAB league? Callaghan had 31,31,28 possessions in his last 3 games, but would love to know his clearance and contested numbers
Pay a fortune for Champion Data numbers

Is there anywhere to find clearances and contested possession numbers for the NAB league? Callaghan had 31,31,28 possessions in his last 3 games, but would love to know his clearance and contested numbers

If the club rates calla like a Kelly instead of a polec type.

I'd do 7 and future first for 2 ...

Sure the kids in next years draft will likely play more games than this years crop, but that doesn't change the fact that they have also missed as many if not more games than the kids in this years draft over the last 2 years, given the focus would have been of getting any game time into this years draftees rather than giving bottom aged kids opportunity. So while recruiters will have more games in 2022 to take look at the kids, they won't have anything historically to compare it to in terms of how well a kid has developed from their U16 years.
I hear what your saying but nothing beats more game time to develop surely and especially more exposure against the best of the best from interstate who haven’t been so impeded. I know what I would value more. As I said it isn’t ideal either way as the kids are the losers but it hasn’t stopped clubs investing into next year already.

Reckon the Suns will take Gibcus @ 3.They have Hollands more or less a new recruit so their Midfield is solid enough.
Nth-Horne
Coll-Daicos
Foot-Darcy
Freo-Callaghan
Suns-Gibcus
Adel-Rachelle/Ward
Haw-Ward/Hobbs
GWS-Andrew
Rich-Hobbs/Erasmus/Johnson
Twomey mentioned in a podcast a little while ago that they had interest in Hobbs, but have settled on Callaghan as the one they want.

This is way off. There's no way Callaghan drops to 7 imo. If GWS doesn't take him, Gold Coast will. And Hobbs and Ward both being available at our pick is very very unlikely. Its far more likely that neither will be there.
Wow if we drafted those kids with what we’ve got I’d be honestly shattered.
Zero chance that happens imo.
Seems like we’re drafting all short people according to espn

Remove this Banner Ad

Back