List Mgmt. 2021 draft pool.

Remove this Banner Ad

Linked to sonsie a fair bit by the media @ 17 prior to the draft.

I expect he goes to hawthorn or geelong. Might be worth trading up for if the club rates him?

Would stop the midfield melting somewhat too.

It wouldn't hurt to have a big fwd developing in the 2s.

Maybe miller or biggie get pushed forward (?)

I think Bazzo will get picked before our picks.

With this extra time between two nights clubs including others having time to trade can place themselves to pick players they want before they get to us if they rate them high enough.

We have Tarrant as well, easier to make a better decision in 12 months regarding big requirements including getting a read how JR is going

Butler 28
Sonsie 29
Soligo 30

Is my best guess how it will go tonight.

Dark horse is Corey Warner at pick 28.

Sydney. Melbourne. Lions. Passing on Johnson makes me uneasy giving up that much for him

Yeah its interesting.

Maybe they have different ratings, maybe looking for other types. I think Johnson is a type that could blossom for us. At a later pick if it goes wrong, the cost is minimal. Maybe they thought it was a little early for them at their pick

West Coast let him go. What does the WA recruiter for us think?? Only going on the vision, I think he could really become something but he may not. Its not a exact science. He could develop with the right support but he may night, I like the scope but I do not know everything, maybe there are other risks.

See a guy like Butler, where does he fit in when we have Bolton, Stack and others?, in terms of fit he already is facing a uphill battle.

Johnson to me offers something different and different to RCD to me, I think there is room for a lot of improvement given co-vid and other support but nothing is certain.

He has reasonable speed, I like his agility, he is a right footer compared to Pendlebury, but a good kick. I think other issues can be worked on in terms of a open palate. I think the potential upside is there, if we can develop a guy that really can be effective inside and outside on the flank, with reach and height it would be tremendous, help our midfield presence to

Last edited:
Yeah its interesting.

Maybe they have different ratings, maybe looking for other types. I think Johnson is a type that could blossom for us. At a later pick if it goes wrong, the cost is minimal. Maybe they thought it was a little early for them at their pick

West Coast let him go. What does the WA recruiter for us think?? Only going on the vision, I think he could really become something but he may not. Its not a exact science. He could develop with the right support but he may night, I like the scope but I do not know everything, maybe there are other risks.

See a guy like Butler, where does he fit in when we have Bolton, Stack and others?, in terms of fit he already is facing a uphill battle.

Johnson to me offers something different and different to RCD to me
Competition for spots will be great for development. Especially midfield and forward competition.
Blokes like Rioli, stack, Aarts, Castagna, Macintosh, graham will have to go up a level.
Players like cotchin, Edwards, grimes, Tarrant can be afforded to have more recovery time if carrying niggles.

The first pick today was the suns priority pick apparently. Somehow got to freo.

Did the suns need more help? They are stacked and the free academy kids are quality

unfortunately i don't see a reason that geelong would pick conway before our picks, after our 3 picks there's west coast and then geelongs turn again. i don't think we'll be taking a ruck (but who knows), ditto west coast, if anything they might go for williams as a kpf.

unless hawthorn/carlton are a threat? not sure of their ruck stocks atm
View attachment 1287012

after looking at hawks stocks, looks like they have 3 rucks 30 years+ and one 23 year old. so maybe they're a chance with their 2nd or even 1st pick?
I think Eagles want a ruck too

The first pick today was the suns priority pick apparently. Somehow got to freo.

Did the suns need more help? They are stacked and the free academy kids are quality
Pick 19 went with Will Brodie from the Suns to Freo for Freo's future picks. Suns needed to salary dump Brodie and were happy to send their freebie 19 along with him to fatten the deal. Dockers got a bargain being able to spread Brodie's wage over a couple of years and probably pick up Matt Johnson tonight.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

think fox wrote about carlton also being interested in conway, but they've also mentioned carlton being interested in macdonald, motlop & butler so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
If cats really want him they need to take him. Can’t risk letting him through hoping no one else is keen

Random picks like Cumberland and Martyn incoming
More likely than not I think.

Cumberland at least had one admirer in Knightmare in 2019, although he had him marked going to Lions.

52. Brisbane: Noah Cumberland (QLD - Brisbane Academy)
Height, Weight:
183cm/79kg
Profile: Explosive utility who plays a high-impact-per-possession game. Cumberland breaks lines, tackles aggressively and is a powerful contested and aerial mark.

Dusty. Lynch. Riewoldt.

Lambert. Graham. Bolton. Baker. Stack. NewRioli. Ralphsmith. Etc.

It might be alright if the ball starts going there
Castagna and Aarts play nearly every week. Stack possibly replaces one. A mid size one like Howes would be nice. Especially if he can rotate with Ralph on a wing

Remove this Banner Ad

Back