List Mgmt. 2021 draft pool.

Sonsie
Banks
Clarke

mustn’t be a very strong KPF draft. Next year must be a better draft for Forwards
Or maybe we just take best available so we don't end up with another Todd Elton?

daird

All Australian
Oct 12, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
Would've loved to have a key forward picked, or another key defender if they plan to play Gibcus forward, but overall seems like we got a good haul.

Tigerbob

Norm Smith Medallist
May 9, 2001
Melbourne, Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Storm, Bushies
So Bob, you’re happy with our haul? I haven’t seen enough of them and it’s going to take some time to properly assess them! But reading the bios, they sound good ( but they always do)

Very happy. Think all can make it and have a career with us. Sonsie the X factor if he gets it right, he’s one of the best ten kids taken. We should just focus on getting his body right in year one.

Banks and Juddy very smart and dynamic players with high IQ and skill levels but in typical Richmond fashion, great kids who want to learn.

For our selections we have taken full advantage of got a great result. Look forward to watching their careers unfold.

bc27

Club Legend
Nov 5, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Absolutely love all 5 picks.

Gibcus- Future CHB and blue chip KP prospect. Athletic monster and could easily end up playing forward to start his career and rumour has it early that tigers would like to start his development forward early.

Browne- Another elite interceptor but with great speed and beautiful decision making. Can play next year.

Sonsie- steal. This kid has class written all over him. Has been an elite junior coming through for a long time and is going to provide the tiger army some exciting footy.

Banks- Versatile and mature. Great skills and another quality decision maker. Can play through the middle and also has pace to burn.

Clarke- Pace and goal smarts. If he can learn the defensive pressure that we require from our small forwards will be a starting 22 player for a long time.

Overall I can see this being a huge haul for tigers and could be the beginning of a new era.

Last edited:

tigerfan1961

Premiership Player
Apr 18, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Aston Villa, SF 49ers
Very happy. Think all can make it and have a career with us. Sonsie the X factor if he gets it right, he’s one of the best ten kids taken. We should just focus on getting his body right in year one.

Banks and Juddy very smart and dynamic players with high IQ and skill levels but in typical Richmond fashion, great kids who want to learn.

For our selections we have taken full advantage of got a great result. Look forward to watching their careers unfold.
Yep, I’m pretty happy too looking at their highlights. Regarding Sonsie, when I first looked at his clip, I thought Trent Cotchin straight away and I notice the journo in the HS has made the same comparison! If he’s that good, happy days😎

Tigerbob

Norm Smith Medallist
May 9, 2001
Melbourne, Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Storm, Bushies
As I said to a poster on here, we engaged to trade up but not for Johnson it was for Sonsie. They have also said they wanted to trade up for Banks. That’s how high on the board they both were. I know Sonsie was talked about at 17 for us, but so too was Banks.

I think our recruiters couldn’t be happier. Let’s relaunch again.

Jan 13, 2005
The Hospital
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Golden State, Daniel Rioli
As I said to a poster on here, we engaged to trade up but not for Johnson it was for Sonsie. They have also said they wanted to trade up for Banks. That’s how high on the board they both were. I know Sonsie was talked about at 17 for us, but so too was Banks.

yeah but how many big footy phantom drafts and 2 minute YouTube clips did our recruiters research? Because I did that and we should have picked completely different players, nothing but another Richmond failure this draft ;)

Mar 14, 2009
MCG
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Tottenham

No doubt the club rated all the players they picked highly. Hence why they picked them. They had all night to think about who would be available at those 3 picks in a row.

I think some have had questions on the types of players we got. This list is desperately crying out for inside contested bulls who can be game changers and help stem the bleeding from the clearances. We did not get one of those with any of our 5 top picks. We will be dominated in the midfield again next year. Key forward issue too but looks like this draft didn't have the answers there.

I would've gone Roberts or someone else over Banks to balance the draft. Or bypass Brown at 17 if they wanted Banks and choose one of the top midfield talent left. But fingers crossed.

Back