List Mgmt. 2021 Draft Prospects

Remove this Banner Ad

How are they going to change it?
They already did twice.

First upping the games played threshold from 50 to 100. This was right before Ben and Sam Reid came along who we could have drafted under the old rules.

Then changing the pick required to match a bid from a third rounder (which Geelong paid for Hawkins, Abblett x2 and Scarlett) to the next available pick, right before we had access to Ayce Cordy and Mitch Wallis who both cost us our first pick in their respective drafts.

For all the bitching about us getting Marra for nothing it is actually the first time we have found ourselves on the right side of an AFL ruling.

They already did twice.

First upping the games played threshold from 50 to 100. This was right before Ben and Sam Reid came along who we could have drafted under the old rules.

Then changing the pick required to match a bid from a third rounder (which Geelong paid for Hawkins, Abblett x2 and Scarlett) to the next available pick, right before we had access to Ayce Cordy and Mitch Wallis who both cost us our first pick in their respective drafts.

For all the bitching about us getting Marra for nothing it is actually the first time we have found ourselves on the right side of an AFL ruling.
Ok, let me rephrase, what are the proposed new changes?

There has been speculation about removing the 20% discount but mostly in the media - nothing official as far as I am aware.
Will be fine with that. Having access to a father/son like daicos for example at pies is 1 that should cost the price of the pick. Father/sons generally don't have programs in front of them run partly by clubs like NGA.

Really not sure what we'd do with our first rounder this year. It'll probably be too late to get either of the big two key defenders.
Might be worth while trading this year's and next year's first for a top 10 pick this year if it allows us to get a quality key back to develop.

Might be worth while trading this year's and next year's first for a top 10 pick this year if it allows us to get a quality key back to develop.
Probably not a bad idea with us needing to bank some points to pay for Darcy and possibly other NGA/FS picks later in the draft.
We currently only have a first and a fourth rounder so if we were to flip our two first rounders for a top 10 pick and a bunch of 2nds or 3rds it would be a good result. We would have to have someone that we really wanted in that top 10 though - I assume your thinking Gibcus?

Probably not a bad idea with us needing to bank some points to pay for Darcy and possibly other NGA/FS picks later in the draft.
We currently only have a first and a fourth rounder so if we were to flip our two first rounders for a top 10 pick and a bunch of 2nds or 3rds it would be a good result. We would have to have someone that we really wanted in that top 10 though - I assume your thinking Gibcus?
Yeah Gibcus or Bazzo. Be nice to get a key defender to develop

Remove this Banner Ad

Back