List Mgmt. 2021 Draft Prospects

Remove this Banner Ad

Drafting for needs for effectively the end of the draft is entirely stupid. Statistically speaking these kids making any long-term impact at AFL level is remote. Drafting for position just makes that remote chance even more remote.

I get your point, but most people say at the top end you take best available.

KPD is a gaping deficiency in our list. If we don’t try to trade for it and we don’t have much to develop with, at what point do we address it? Or just go with what we’ve got and hope for the best?

Keath is already going to be 30 next season and when injuries hit we suffered, it can’t surely hurt to have KPD/ruck projects in the pipeline instead of carrying (no offence to) vanilla players like Hayes, Cavarra, Butler etc

I get your point, but most people say at the top end you take best available.

KPD is a gaping deficiency in our list. If we don’t try to trade for it and we don’t have much to develop with, at what point do we address it? Or just go with what we’ve got and hope for the best?

Keath is already going to be 30 next season and when injuries hit we suffered, it can’t surely hurt to have KPD/ruck projects in the pipeline instead of carrying (no offence to) vanilla players like Hayes, Cavarra, Butler etc
We got cut apart in the GF down back, and having reliable KPD with our list I would of thought of been a priority.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just makes no sense why we wouldn't take the punt on Charlie Dean...
I'm holding fire until after the rookie draft. We have at least one live pick

It appears from the outside that pick 61 would have been sufficient for Jones or perhaps even a rookie spot. Our recruiters must have had wind that other clubs were interested and might have beaten us to the punch. Hopefully, we haven't paid overs but we should have faith in Power and Co to know what they're doing.

it was great in the Dalrymple years not having to worry at all about who we drafted given his track record. Nick Austin also had a pretty good eye. Dom Milesi’s drafting at the Pies wasn’t overly inspiring, but need to give him the benefit of the doubt for now.

On the surface Jones and Cleary look like good picks. But like everyone else, it’s quite concerning our key defensive issues haven’t been addressed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back