List Mgmt. 2021 Draft Prospects

TBOW

Premiership Player
Aug 9, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
In the podcast he did a little while back Arthur let slip that Collingwood had called him so were definitely one of the clubs interested.
Dododo (apparently) said this morning that Essendon wanted him too (Dodoro apparently threw his highlighter down when we called out Jones' name).

I think it's easy to get a bit cute at the draft and I'm happy we just took him.
Interesting, I hadn't heard that.
Pissing off Dodoro is another nice little bonus. Sounds like he had a dirty night - that's 3 highlighter throws and counting.

Dodoro apparently threw his highlighter down when we called out Jones' name

If there is any footage of this, I demand it to be injected into my veins.

Every morning I will wake up and it will be the first thing I do in my morning routine, as well as the last thing I watch before going to bed.

It will be my screensaver for the rest of time.

A gif of it will be my profile image.

I will get a still image and vinyl wrap my car with it.

I will tattoo this on my forehead so I see it every time I look in a mirror.

Jun 19, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
In the podcast he did a little while back Arthur let slip that Collingwood had called him so were definitely one of the clubs interested.
Dododo (apparently) said this morning that Essendon wanted him too (Dodoro apparently threw his highlighter down when we called out Jones' name).

I think it's easy to get a bit cute at the draft and I'm happy we just took him.
Dodo threw a tanty when the Pies traded up and nabbed the player they wanted. Pretty sure it was the Arlo Draper pick maybe compounded as we had just taken Jones as well.

Last edited:
Stagg is SA.
Stagg / Cox (Frankston) probably in the frame.
I'd be comfortable giving Crossley a rookie spot. Possibly the best state league ruck in the country not currently tied to an AFL club and has a bit of forward craft too so can rest on the ground.

We also have Tim O'Brien who was pretty solid as a tall defender last year and Buku Khamis looked pretty good, may well be a viable option with another preseason under his belt.

That' leaves us with Keath', Gardner, OBrien, Cordy, Khamis, Schache , Darcy and Cleary as tall defender options, with Naughton still a possibility if things get desperate.
Looking at that list (and leaving out Naughton who I think will and should stay forward) I'd say we have one proven quality KPD in Keath and he's 30. I don't think anyone's arguing that point anyway.

We have two tall KPD types in Gardner and Schache, neither of whom is quite top level on form so far, but can play a role there if required.

We have Darcy who might be developed as a KPD but even then is likely to be a year or three off being ready to be the main KPD.

The rest are in the intermediate 190-194cm range - and in the case of Cordy (whose reported height varies every year!) and Khamis are lightly framed. That group is generally "third tall" territory.

Maybe the club's thinking is let's not waste a pick on a speculative KPD because good ones are so hard to find late in the draft. Instead if we have a slightly smaller player who we think is more likely to make the grade we're better off with him and we'll just have to bide our time until a quality tall KPD comes along. Bevo and Bubba have been pretty successful making do with an undersized defence for a long time and might just have to keep doing that for a bit longer.

We may have been spoiled by having Dale Morris (190cm I think) play so well as a makeshift KPD on so many occasions.

Would be good to hear from the club or the AFL in regard to rookie promotions.

It's absolutely piss poor that this isn't available anywhere.

I can see Carlton upgraded Kennedy and Honey to their senior list, and there's this list from SEN 21 days ago

Carlton
Josh Honey
Matthew Kennedy

Fremantle
Ethan Hughes

Hawthorn
Ned Reeves

Melbourne
James Jordon

Port Adelaide
Manuguru 'Martin' Frederick

St Kilda
Callum Wilkie

...and that's about it.

Absolutely piss poor, shouldn't this be a "celebrated" thing???

dergert

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 17, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
It's absolutely piss poor that this isn't available anywhere.

I can see Carlton upgraded Kennedy and Honey to their senior lists and there's this list from SEN 21 days ago

Carlton
Josh Honey
Matthew Kennedy

Fremantle
Ethan Hughes

Hawthorn
Ned Reeves

Melbourne
James Jordon

Port Adelaide
Manuguru 'Martin' Frederick

St Kilda
Callum Wilkie

...and that's about it.

Absolutely piss poor, shouldn't this be a "celebrated" thing???
When we signed Roarke it stated he would be on the main list.

dergert

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 17, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Yeah, he's the obvious one we know about, but curious with Sweet and Gardner, seeing as they were given two year extensions...
I'd say at least one of them would be, otherwise we will have 5 rookies.

I don't know, I'm not intelligent enough for this list management tracking.

This is a slightly different look at the draft.
In particular the chart showing sliders and bolters. Consensus on Jones was pick 59. Nobody talked up Cleary. And so on.

The best (most honest) line is the last one:

So, who won the draft?
Get back to us in 2026.

Last edited:

dergert

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 17, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
In a couple of articles written over the past few years, Dom Milesi has been spoken about as highly regarded etc.

I am excited to see what he can produce in the rookie stakes.

...Dodoro apparently threw his highlighter down when we called out Jones' name.

THATS OUTRAGEOUS!

Is there no depths of depravity that he will not sink to to get what he wants?

THATS OUTRAGEOUS!

Is there no depths of depravity that he will not sink to to get what he wants?
Wait until you hear about his treatment of the pickles in Big Macs

Back