List Mgmt. 2021 Draft Prospects

Seriously we've taken a Footscray player every single year. I'm not sure what a 26 year old VFL midfielder is going to do for our list.

Direct replacement for Hayes instead of a project player with a lower floor but higher ceiling - ie, a tall KPD or ruck

Oliver G

Premium Platinum
May 14, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
McComb was a defender back in his WAFL days but has played mostly midfield at Footscray.

Screenshot 2021-11-26 at 3.24.13 pm.png

fred cook

Premiership Player
Jan 14, 2005
brunswick
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
nnn
Seriously we've taken a Footscray player every single year. I'm not sure what a 26 year old VFL midfielder is going to do for our list.

Come om its not rocket science, the Footscray player we pick up in the rookie draft Bevo has to make sure they debut next year before our first round draft choice ( Darcy ) :)

fred cook

Premiership Player
Jan 14, 2005
brunswick
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
nnn

Come om its not rocket science, the Footscray player we pick up in the rookie draft Bevo has to make sure they debut next year before our first round draft choice ( Darcy ) :)

weltschmerz

Brownlow Medallist
May 23, 2019
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I don't like the McComb pick, would have preferred our mandatory Scray pick to be a tall. Besides that, I'm pretty happy with our hand. Speed and foot skills galore.

dergert

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 17, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Was hoping we get a small forward like Stagg to put next to weightman this period.

Head scratchers that they're all mid sized defenders when we were well stocked as it is. Sam Power has a plan!

doggie dog

Club Legend
Sep 21, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Really wanted a rookie ruckman to make a start in the system at least.

On Pixel 6 using BigFooty.com mobile app
Rookie Ruckman, KPD mature agers toplug and play.
After the GF massacre, every doggies supporter can clearly see we need both for depth and development. Have these positions been addressed?:mad:

I have nothing against the drafted players as they are dogs now, but if we make it back to the GF, what weaknesses identified during the GF massacre did we attempt to solve.
Tim O'Brien will contribute, but no other mature-age big bodies were traded/drafted.
GF are potentially set up in this trade/draft period.

I'm happy to be wrong but I give us a C, only for Sammy wheeling and dealing for Sam Darcy.

Charlie Bucket

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 16, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

Using 1 of 44 list spots to reward VFL players for strong development isn’t gonna destroy our club.

In fact, it’s the opposite. It creates a great path for overlooked youngsters who want to try again at making a career of it.

If I was a young player looking for a VFL club, Footscray would be at the top of my list. With our history of recruiting through our VFL side.

Can only strengthen the club from the VFL up, being a destination club.

Back