Mega Thread 2021 Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Unless the next Kysaiah Pickett is going under the radar do we really need another *ingg small forward.

I feel like there's a bit of group think with Sonsie sliding. It might happen, but I'd be pretty surprised if it did. I have him at 6 at the moment.
Sonsie is someone who I wonder if vic kids got to play more games would have put his name back up there in the second half. The bits I saw of him as a underager I loved, then his start to his draft year had some great games and a few average ones that had me re-evaluating how high I was on him.

But I think he’s a great list fit for what we need as a midfielder to fit with our future group. Wines drew rozee butters duursma Bergman… and sonsie.

That’s a great mix and butters drew and sonsie could really be dynamic in the centre in a few years..
I also like the ability to start him as a small forward in our side.
For some reason every club does this with the mid level father sons every year. It's all 'oh we're keeping our options open' until they inevitably come out and both announce that club wants player and player wants club at the same time. Very confident that he'll nominate us and we'll nominate him.
reckon it’s just both sides being a little coy. As Macca said teams often seem to play a little coy so teams don’t bid to force a match I guess.
Unless the next Kysaiah Pickett is going under the radar do we really need another *ingg small forward.
It would be very good to add a small forward this year or next, rookie or late draft..

Sonsie is someone who I wonder if vic kids got to play more games would have put his name back up there in the second half. The bits I saw of him as a underager I loved, then his start to his draft year had some great games and a few average ones that had me re-evaluating how high I was on him.

But I think he’s a great list fit for what we need as a midfielder to fit with our future group. Wines drew rozee butters duursma Bergman… and sonsie.

That’s a great mix and butters drew and sonsie could really be dynamic in the centre in a few years..
I also like the ability to start him as a small forward in our side.
reckon it’s just both sides being a little coy. As Macca said teams often seem to play a little coy so teams don’t bid to force a match I guess.

It would be very good to add a small forward this year or next, rookie or late draft..
Sonsie on the top of my want list.

Sonsie on the top of my want list.

Yup, although I rate Goater's ceiling higher than Sonsie, I think positionally and list fit wise Sonsie is no.1 priority. I'd go Goater as 2nd choice, Rachele 3rd, Draper 4th.

If all 4 are gone, I'd be looking at trading our pick for a future first and trading our future 2nd to get back in this draft a take a slider/smokey

With:
Robbie and Mots almost at the end, both injury wise and due to age.
Woodcock and Burger gone.
Rozee and Butters to play more midfield minutes.
McEntee a mid not a small forward.
Williams needs to get his body right before we know if he's up to it, so jury out there.
Fantasia injury prone............

Hell yeah! Maybe even two.

Apparently people say Rachelle is a S/F. Then there are Lohmann, Dudley, Stretch and Motlop. Think we are going to be lacking some classy crumbers very soon, so why not stock up now....... along with a couple of mids.

Next year's draft is the one where we go tall - rucks and KPP's.

Sounds like the Crows are into Rochele Rochele? Does seem a bit high a pick but indicative perhaps of how even the top dozen or so are?

Sounds like the Crows are into Rochele Rochele? Does seem a bit high a pick but indicative perhaps of how even the top dozen or so are?

Cal Twomey linked them strongly to Finn Callaghan a couple of weeks back. Maybe he is set to go earlier.

All the talk is about the evenness of the top bracket after Horne Francis and Daicos. Probably also reflects lack of exposed form.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There's 2 standouts - JHF & Daicos

Then you can throw a blanket over 10 or so players who also look really good - Callaghan, Sinn, Darcy, Sonsie, Ward, Rachele, Gibcus, Johnson, Goater, Hobbs

Then there's another drop to guys that may be really good but have at least one serious question mark - Wanganeen-Milera, Andrew, Draper, Erasmus, Chesser, Amiss, Wilmot, Bazzo, Butler, Roberts, Taylor, Warner, Van Rooyen

Then the rest.

Then you can throw a blanket over 10 or so players who also look really good - Callaghan, Sinn, Darcy, Sonsie, Ward, Rachele, Gibcus, Johnson, Goater, Hobbs

Then there's another drop to guys that may be really good but have at least one serious question mark - Wanganeen-Milera, Andrew, Draper, Erasmus, Chesser, Amiss, Wilmot, Bazzo, Butler, Roberts, Taylor, Warner, Van Rooyen

Then the rest.
So we are 2 picks short of where we need to be in reality.

Burgoyne only top 5 in the running vertical jump

You take the testing with a grain of salt.

It's a good day out but most records seem to be held by players we never hear of again.

Think clubs have already made up their mind about players and the testing would have to be extremely good/bad to change minds?

So we are 2 picks short of where we need to be in reality.
There's always a couple of reaches and sliders, ie Chayce Jones over Butters.

This year it will probably be talls/WA locals: Andrew seems to be a favourite, and Amiss and Erasmus will be tempting for both WCE and Freo picking ahead of us.

Then the rest.
What's your ? on Erasmus? ModernArtillery loves him, and I enjoy reading his thoughts.

The agility test is one test at the combines that does show up players that go on with it looking at the records

Alastair Lord

7.94 is getting towards a seriously good effort.

I would have thought Erasmus and Amiss would be in that top bracket, with Andrew and Wanganeen-Milera seemingly rated in that bracket by clubs. 16 to 12 seems to make our first selection substantially stronger.

No doubt Erasmus goes top 10 and quite possibly Andrew and NWM do as well. I just have them a little back.

What's your ? on Erasmus? ModernArtillery loves him, and I enjoy reading his thoughts.

I like him, I've got him 13 on my list at the moment. I just have a question mark over his skills and his ability to recreate his colts form at AFL level. There's a part of me that can't shake that he has a bit of the Andrew Moore's about him.

I like him, I've got him 13 on my list at the moment. I just have a question mark over his skills and his ability to recreate his colts form at AFL level. There's a part of me that can't shake that he has a bit of the Andrew Moore's about him.
I would like it if he slipped to us. I just feel that we need to either take the best pure mid or tall available. I know he probably starts as a flanker, as would someone like sonsie or even goater in our team, but they all look to project as midfielders in time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back