Mega Thread 2021 Draft

Hey guys, scuse the intrusion. Thought you might like to have this resource on your board (mods might like to sticky):

I’m not an expert but I think Roberts goes 40+. I can’t see clubs being overly interested.

In this particular draft which is pretty shallow, that would be an insane shock. But then again, I never would have thought James Worpel would have lasted til 45 in his draft. I see Roberts as pretty similar really.

Heaps of slow players in the AFL. Heaps of very good slow players in the AFL. Roberts endurance and game smarts make up for his lack of pace imo.

If he's there at our first pick, knowing most of the best mids would have already been picked up, then I'd be well keen to pick him up.

Probbaly need to remember that Roberts has also just come back from a 2 month injury layoff too.

JakeNeadeFan

Premiership Player
Nov 25, 2019
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
13 disposals and two goals for Roberts in the league game today.
24 and a goal for Horne Francis. Yep he is going number 1 (or 2).
Wanganeen milera had a quiet game. Doubt he will play finals for Glenelg.
Burgoyne with 28 in a heavy loss in the u18 semi. That's season over for him.

rumoursofwinter

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 7, 2008
melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Geoff Parker's votes for the sa v wa game.

3. Bazzo
2. Van Rooyen
1. Wanganeen Milera

It would be hard to argue too much with those rankings. Those three players are currently in the 15-30 zone of most mock drafts. I really liked bazzo for our list.

Oct 8, 2004
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool
Total Votes
Rhett Bazzo (WA) 14 votes
Jacob van Rooyen (WA) 10 votes
Angus Sheldrick (WA) 5 votes
Nas Wanganeen-Milera (SA) 3 votes
Matt Johnson (WA) 2 votes
Jye Amiss (WA) 1 vote

Jan 20, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Sep 25, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Some general thoughts:

- no reason next years draft will be better than this one. The juniors in vic, NSW and QLD have missed development, even WA and SA are weakened by less interstate competition.
- we thought that there may be late bloomers strengthening this draft, ie guys that missed on their draft year but developed post covid, hasn’t really happened, no reason it will next year
- missing out on first rounders is not a good thing, even if this draft is even from 10-25, no reason to not grab someone in this group
- we may not have anyone available to correct our immediate Centre mid needs at our pick, no reason not to take someone though

Burgoyne’s slide I’m not fully understanding. Kid has skills, speed, agility and has played senior footy and been ok. But hey, if we can nab him without a big point outlay or even as a rookie - brilliant!

Horne-Francis and Hobbs fit us perfectly but of those who may be there at our pick, Draper, Ward (more likely top ten), Goater, Amiss, Williams, Andrew - any of these would be great.

rumoursofwinter

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 7, 2008
melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I'm vaguely watching vic metro v vic country. Daicos is pretty clearly the best player. I dont understand why there isn't more talk about Connor Macdonald? He looks as good or better than the other highly rated mids.

Sep 9, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Some general thoughts:

- no reason next years draft will be better than this one. The juniors in vic, NSW and QLD have missed development, even WA and SA are weakened by less interstate competition.
I disagree strongly.
I’m basing this off watching these kids play.

The best junior players in Sa this year many of them are 2022 and even 2023 draft eligible players.

There isn’t even an obvious draftable ruck in this years lot from Sa. Next year there is several.

The best key forwards in juniors right now? There isn’t a kf in the 2021 Sa crop. Next year there’s heaps of exciting prospects.

The best goalkicker in under 18’s right now is a 2023 kid. The best defender is a 2022 kid. The best 3-4 kfs are 2022. The best inside mids? Arguably 2022 also.

Having said that this draft isn’t weak cause of the Sa contingent. The Sa contingent this year is decent to good. It’s the Vic prospects that are really lacking.

Next years Sa crop looks excellent, but the Vic crop of mids looks excellent. Miles above this years group from Vic. It was always thought to be a decent draft via Sa and wa but weak from Vic but they hoped some players would materialise.

Jhye Clark wardlaw, tsitas and so on are well ahead of this years Vic midfielders. They’re all genuine centre square mids.

Yeah for me, next year looks a bumper, well rounded SA crop, the two Vic sides run much deeper and some exciting WA prospects.

I think this years group has suffered from the delays last year and to some extent this year. Picks past 30 this year is an absolute crap shoot

Sep 9, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Yeah for me, next year looks a bumper, well rounded SA crop, the two Vic sides run much deeper and some exciting WA prospects.

I think this years group has suffered from the delays last year and to some extent this year. Picks past 30 this year is an absolute crap shoot
I’m absolutely sold on the mids from Vic next year.
Jhye Clark will be a franchise mid or I’ll eat my shoes.

davesnothere

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 29, 2012
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
If we could land Callaghan or Hobbs for Ladhams to GWS that is probably a good deal?
I'm a Ladhams fan but if GWS were to put their first pick on the table?

If we could land Callaghan or Hobbs for Ladhams to GWS that is probably a good deal?
I'm a Ladhams fan but if GWS were to put their first pick on the table?

I think Ladhams has shown himself as a must keep over the last couple months.

Only way we get Callaghan is if they give us their pick 2 as he's probably 4th in line behind the big 3 at the moment. The talk is Hobbs will likely go top 5-6 as well. I don't think they would trade us pick 2 for Ladhams. They've got a good young ruck in Flynn who showed he could play this year.

Power freak 2008

Premiers 2004, 2020 Covid Premiers
Nov 1, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Dallas Cowboys/New York Yankees
Considering we are right in that premeirship window I feel that if we wanted to keep Ladhams he stays. Considering the way he is able to play Ruck and Forward, I doubt that we would be keen on him going anywhere. Especially considering the pain that we have gone to give him a gig over Hayes.

Looking at next years draft I think that our first pick is crucial and we are lucky to have Jase as a father-son prospect. He keeps bobbing up in the team of the year.

Oct 8, 2004
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool
The South Australian Combine will be staged on Saturday, October 16 with Adelaide Next Generation Academy member Isaiah Dudley included in the extra players to be invited to the Combine.

The players will take part in a range of tests at their respective one-day Combines around the country, including the 20-metre sprint, vertical jump, agility and 2km time trial. There may also be an additional handful more players added to the Combine testing if club demand is strong.

EXPANDED NAB AFL DRAFT COMBINE LIST

South Australia

Oscar Adams
Zac Becker
Isaiah Dudley
Ronald Fejo Jnr (Northern Territory/SA)
Harvey Harrison
Alastair Lord
Jordan Lukac
Will Spain

Vic Country
Sam Breuer
Justin Davies
Oscar Morrison
Cooper Whyte

Vic Metro
Braden Andrews
Luke Cleary
Ben De Bolfo
Joel Fitzgerald
Felix Flockhart
Caleb Lewis
Luke Nankervis
Sam Paea
Jed Rule

VFL
Charlie Dean

Western Australia
Joshua Crippa
Richard Farmer
Kaden Harbour
Judd McVee
Noah Pegoraro
Luke Polson
Jake South
Taj Woewodin

Taj Woewodin, Taj Schofield

What was going on with Western Australian fathers in the early noughties?

Probably went here on end of season trips

1631005559843.png

Back