Mega Thread 2021 Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Hey guys, scuse the intrusion. Thought you might like to have this resource on your board (mods might like to sticky):

Oct 8, 2004
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool
2021 SANFL UNDER-18 STATE TALENT HUB
  • Isaiah Dudley (Central District)
  • Cody Gilchrist (Central District)
  • Shay Linke (Central District)
  • Luca Whitelum (Central District)
  • Oscar Adams (Glenelg)
  • Cooper Beecken (Glenelg)
  • Jarrod Parish (Glenelg)
  • Lewis Rayson Glenelg
  • Hugh Stagg (Glenelg)
  • Nasiah Wanganeen (Glenelg)
  • Brayden Calvett (Eagles)
  • Jase Burgoyne (Eagles)
  • Lukas Cooke (Eagles)
  • Jonte Hunter-Price (Eagles)
  • Jay Watson (Eagles)
  • Hugh Jackson (North Adelaide)
  • Blayne O’Loughlin (North Adelaide)
  • James Willis (North Adelaide)
  • Matt Dnistriansky (Norwood)
  • Alastair Lord (Norwood)
  • Cooper Murley (Norwood)
  • Arlo Draper (South Adelaide)
  • Jason Horne (South Adelaide)
  • Matt Roberts (South Adelaide)
  • Zac Becker (Sturt)
  • Morgan Ferres (Sturt)
  • Declan Hortle (Sturt)
  • Hugo Kittel (Sturt)
  • Will Spain (Sturt)
  • Cade Kennedy (West Adelaide)

Nasiah Wanganeen has talent running through his veins, with dad Terry Milera and uncle Gavin Wanganeen by his side.

And the rising star – one of 30 players selected in the 2021 SANFL under-18 State Talent Hub – is using his family links to help give himself the best chance of being drafted next year.

“Dad played a bit of AFL and league footy so he’s taken me for more sessions and helped me a fair bit,” Wanganeen said.

“He tells me what it takes to become an AFL player and helps me with all the technical stuff that goes on in footy and the hard work that needs to be put in to get there.

“Mum’s brother is Gavin, so he’s my uncle.

2021 SANFL UNDER-18 STATE TALENT HUB
  • Isaiah Dudley (Central District)
  • Cody Gilchrist (Central District)
  • Shay Linke (Central District)
  • Luca Whitelum (Central District)
  • Oscar Adams (Glenelg)
  • Cooper Beecken (Glenelg)
  • Jarrod Parish (Glenelg)
  • Lewis Rayson Glenelg
  • Hugh Stagg (Glenelg)
  • Nasiah Wanganeen (Glenelg)
  • Brayden Calvett (Eagles)
  • Jase Burgoyne (Eagles)
  • Lukas Cooke (Eagles)
  • Jonte Hunter-Price (Eagles)
  • Jay Watson (Eagles)
  • Hugh Jackson (North Adelaide)
  • Blayne O’Loughlin (North Adelaide)
  • James Willis (North Adelaide)
  • Matt Dnistriansky (Norwood)
  • Alastair Lord (Norwood)
  • Cooper Murley (Norwood)
  • Arlo Draper (South Adelaide)
  • Jason Horne (South Adelaide)
  • Matt Roberts (South Adelaide)
  • Zac Becker (Sturt)
  • Morgan Ferres (Sturt)
  • Declan Hortle (Sturt)
  • Hugo Kittel (Sturt)
  • Will Spain (Sturt)
  • Cade Kennedy (West Adelaide)

Nasiah Wanganeen has talent running through his veins, with dad Terry Milera and uncle Gavin Wanganeen by his side.

And the rising star – one of 30 players selected in the 2021 SANFL under-18 State Talent Hub – is using his family links to help give himself the best chance of being drafted next year.

“Dad played a bit of AFL and league footy so he’s taken me for more sessions and helped me a fair bit,” Wanganeen said.

“He tells me what it takes to become an AFL player and helps me with all the technical stuff that goes on in footy and the hard work that needs to be put in to get there.

“Mum’s brother is Gavin, so he’s my uncle.

Terry Milera is Nas's dad? Terry Milera who played for Port and St Kilda?

That has me kerfuddled

Jun 6, 2000
West Perth
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Woomera Centrals, Jazza
Pretty sure he's not

Well I hope you're right and The Messenger is wrong - sound like the Wayne Milera (Junior) story all over again:

"Wanganeen, who this year featured in Glenelg’s under-18 side, had also been part of Port Adelaide’s Aboriginal Academy and the Crows’ Next Generation Academy."

Terry Milera is Nas's dad? Terry Milera who played for Port and St Kilda?

That has me kerfuddled
A dad at 15. Shades of Linford Christie a dad at 16 or 17, grandad at 35, and running in the final of the 1996 Olympics of the 100m final at 36 years of age.

I know Dudley and O'Loughlin are NGA draftable by Adelaide. Nas might be part of their NGA but not draftable, similar to Baldwin this year.

Sep 3, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
What exactly is the point of us having the Aboriginal Academy when it appears to just be a breeding ground for other clubs draftees.
We are a destination club for Aboriginal players in part, because of it and all the other work done in this space. That's not the reason they are run, but it's a nice side effect.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oct 8, 2004
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool
THE KEY part of the draft season – the NAB AFL Under-19 Championships – will be pushed back to the end of this year as part of a significant shake-up of the program.

The move, which was flagged by AFL.com.au last July, will see the majority of the national carnival held after players finish their season with their local clubs.

Oct 7, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Are there other teams?
I know Dudley and O'Loughlin are NGA draftable by Adelaide. Nas might be part of their NGA but not draftable, similar to Baldwin this year.
I hope Dudley isn't. I saw some footage of him more than 2 years ago and he looked like a really exciting small (and I mean 164 cm small) forward. There was no mention back then that he was Cows NGA.

Sep 9, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
What exactly is the point of us having the Aboriginal Academy when it appears to just be a breeding ground for other clubs draftees.
we’ve always developed kids for other teams. Port are the heavy lifters.

So Milera must have become a dad at 15-16?

Somehow I thought sansbury was his Dad. Must have been mistaken.

we’ve always developed kids for other teams. Port are the heavy lifters.

Somehow I thought sansbury was his Dad. Must have been mistaken.

I think Sansbury is O’Loughlins dad

Oct 8, 2004
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool
Port Adelaide has access to Jase Burgoyne (son of Peter), who could be a top-20 selection, as well as Tex Wanganeen (son of Gavin), who can also join Essendon.

Some other exciting talents also have notable links. South Adelaide gun Jason Horne, who could be this year's No.1 pick, is the step-son of former Port Adelaide, Brisbane and Melbourne player Fabian Francis. Francis is a strong mentor to Horne, who made his senior SANFL debut last year.

Tibbs

The Bearded ZERK!
Sep 9, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Port Adelaide has access to Jase Burgoyne (son of Peter), who could be a top-20 selection, as well as Tex Wanganeen (son of Gavin), who can also join Essendon.

Some other exciting talents also have notable links. South Adelaide gun Jason Horne, who could be this year's No.1 pick, is the step-son of former Port Adelaide, Brisbane and Melbourne player Fabian Francis. Francis is a strong mentor to Horne, who made his senior SANFL debut last year.

There are a number of prospects who miss out on the father-son rule. ... Daniel Motlop's son Jesse won't qualify for Port Adelaide as he didn't reach 100 games, although the highly rated talent may be eligible for Fremantle's Next Generation Academy.

Neither will Sam Breuer, the son of former Cat and Power player Shayne, who was Port's first ever goalkicker in the AFL.

There are a number of prospects who miss out on the father-son rule. ... Daniel Motlop's son Jesse won't qualify for Port Adelaide as he didn't reach 100 games, although the highly rated talent may be eligible for Fremantle's Next Generation Academy.

Neither will Sam Breuer, the son of former Cat and Power player Shayne, who was Port's first ever goalkicker in the AFL.

Mark Viska's son. Good old Death, another Bay mythologised by the crows as a hard man.

Oct 8, 2004
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool
FREMANTLE will have first access over Jesse Motlop, the son of former Power and North Melbourne forward Daniel, after the AFL approved the talented draftee as a Next Generation Academy player.

The AFL on Friday released its list of players who have qualified for clubs to have priority call under NGA rules, with the Dockers winning rights to Motlop, who shapes as a strong prospect in the 2021 NAB AFL Draft pool.

PORT ADELAIDE
Ajay Hem
Callum Saunders
Amer El-Hosni
Zac Bishop
Abebaw Krause
Aiden Courtney

FREMANTLE will have first access over Jesse Motlop, the son of former Power and North Melbourne forward Daniel, after the AFL approved the talented draftee as a Next Generation Academy player.

The AFL on Friday released its list of players who have qualified for clubs to have priority call under NGA rules, with the Dockers winning rights to Motlop, who shapes as a strong prospect in the 2021 NAB AFL Draft pool.

PORT ADELAIDE
Ajay Hem
Callum Saunders
Amer El-Hosni
Zac Bishop
Abebaw Krause
Aiden Courtney

Well that sucks.

Thornhill

Team Captain
Sep 26, 2020
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Anyone got information about those NGA players for us ?

PORT ADELAIDE
Ajay Hem
Callum Saunders
Amer El-Hosni
Zac Bishop
Abebaw Krause
Aiden Courtney

On T86 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back