Mega Thread 2021 Draft

Hey guys, scuse the intrusion. Thought you might like to have this resource on your board (mods might like to sticky):

robbo1981

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 16, 2011
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Hugh Jackson is a midfielder from North Adelaide who's having a stellar start to the season. Proven to be an absolute ball magnet, he has great skills, great endurance and is the perfect balance of inside and outside. He could end up being a Tom Powell type bolter throughout the year. He's a player i've earmarked as someone I would love to get to Port Adelaide
I was pretty happy when the crows didn't pick Powell is going to be a very good player.

backtozero

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 26, 2020
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
A lot of people were shitting on Ollie for his disposal in recent times. Haven't heard any such complaints this year!

If Ollie can improve that part of his game, then so can Sam.

Harvey Harrison is another midfielder from North worth looking at. Probably more of a mid-late pick, but he reminds me a lot of Archie Perkins. Explosive pace from the midfield, runs direct, hits the scoreboard. Full of potential.

Blayne O'loughlin, im not sold on yet. Has the accumulation part of his game set but his ball use is a total mixed bag. He's a 170cm Pittard at the moment. Has no defensive part to his game at all and some of his decision making is horrid. If he can fix that up he will be a very good player.

Mar 10, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Man Utd, Celtic, Tanunda
Hugh Jackson is a midfielder from North Adelaide who's having a stellar start to the season. Proven to be an absolute ball magnet, he has great skills, great endurance and is the perfect balance of inside and outside. He could end up being a Tom Powell type bolter throughout the year. He's a player i've earmarked as someone I would love to get to Port Adelaide
Who is this Huge Axon you speak of?

May 26, 2017
Uruguayana, RS (BRA)
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Grêmio, DC United, Pistons

Great kick. Creative with the ball. He seems fast. However, he looks selfish.

Interesting prospect, awesome video, but just those highlights aren't enough for me to be sold on him.

davesnothere

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 29, 2012
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Great kick. Creative with the ball. He seems fast. However, he looks selfish.

Interesting prospect, awesome video, but just those highlights aren't enough for me to be sold on him.

That ship has long sailed. Not sure why but nothing he did translated to being a quality AFL player. Maybe a non Territory lifestyle didn’t agree with him? Maybe the Saints just stuffed him up? Very good to watch him playing in the NT competition though. Would love to have seen Ports file on him.

Fahey looks great storming from the backline.

Daicos has had a bit of it. Roberts some good defensive work across the forward line.

Horne very quiet. Burgoynes had a couple of touches. O'Loughlin barely seen so far

No regrets drafting him at all, he's well worth pick #18. He's just not a star of the comp like Butters is and Rozee will be.
Disagree, has the potential to be our Simon Black.

May 26, 2017
Uruguayana, RS (BRA)
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Sao Paulo to Australia is a bugger of a flight to watch games live. Highlights are what we go by most of the time.
And I would need to take at least another flight to Sao Paulo.

Pickett4GOAT

Cancelled
May 27, 2020
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Sao Paulo to Australia is a bugger of a flight to watch games live. Highlights are what we go by most of the time.
My comment had nothing to do with the difficulties of transatlantic travel. I just get annoyed when forwards do their job of kicking goals (brilliant goals) and the selfish tag is thrown at them. Those kinds of goals are the reason people love AFL football.

Pickett4GOAT

Cancelled
May 27, 2020
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Jut watched the AFL Academy versus Geelong VFL team. Jase Burgoyne didn't have his greatest day out. Looked lost at half back from a defensive perspective. He was diligent in staying on his opponent but struggled to impact contests and at times lost his opponent at crucial moments. Disposal was decent in defensive transition but didn't have much of it. Looked far more comfortable in the second half when he was moved into the centre. Had a nice intercept mark in the third quarter and looked far more likely to have an impact on the contest. He will take some time to develop into an AFL footballer compared to some of the other lads. Whoever gets Josh Fahey will be very happy.

May 26, 2017
Uruguayana, RS (BRA)
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
My comment had nothing to do with the difficulties of transatlantic travel. I just get annoyed when forwards do their job of kicking goals (brilliant goals) and the selfish tag is thrown at them. Those kinds of goals are the reason people love AFL football.
There were plenty of great and deserving goals. There were times he should have disposed of the ball to a teammate. That’s all. I even took care of saying “he looks selfish.” And only AFTER calling him creative.

People tend to make plenty of assumptions out of nothing these days. I don’t know why I still get surprised by that.

Back