Analysis 2021 draft thread

May 20, 2015
Maleny, Queensland
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Its a nice position to be in having the spare spot now, even better we don't have a super urgent need to fill it (touch wood on injuries). There are a lot of footballers around that have not had a real crack over the last 2 years of a full season of consistent footy. There are probably a few diamonds in the rough that will start to shine with some regular footy. I'm for looking at a KPP, development player, a little how we took Lane know he has potential but is a few years away. We are a destination club (what ever that means) but through Covid QLD is also a destination community given the migration now happening with the borders open. We could fill the position now if we thought another club might get the one we have an eye on or I think we can wait to see half a season of footy and back ourselves to win a player over. I'd rather take the punt on a kid while we can, than try to recycle a player know the limit on.

I wonder if it is correct to assume that the longer we go without naming a supplementary player, the less likely we're looking for someone who is "ready to go". I'd think that if the club wanted immediate depth, they would be signing someone quickly so that they can do a decent preseason of some description and be available early on.

Of course, the risk is signing someone early is if you sign one type of player and then cop an injury to another type of player - eg the Suns signing Tsitas and then King going down.

I wonder if it is correct to assume that the longer we go without naming a supplementary player, the less likely we're looking for someone who is "ready to go". I'd think that if the club wanted immediate depth, they would be signing someone quickly so that they can do a decent preseason of some description and be available early on.

Of course, the risk is signing someone early is if you sign one type of player and then cop an injury to another type of player - eg the Suns signing Tsitas and then King going down.

Yeah that's some shitty luck/timing by the Sun's.

Yeah that's some shitty luck/timing by the Sun's.
Hopefully Rory Thompson is back from injury (if so) they could push Lukosius forward and also have Chol and Sam Day so they might be alright. Also have Levi Casboult waiting in the wings which I guess is the exact reason why they brought him in, as well as being cover for Witts.

mattsmob

Club Legend
Feb 14, 2020
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
OKC Thunder
Cal Twomey on SEN this morning saying Ashcroft is the mist likely #1 at this early time of the year

On SM-G980F using BigFooty.com mobile app
I think he’s probably the safest bet, there’s a couple other guys that if they hit their potential probably edge him for number 1. Can’t see him dropping out of the top 3 though

Back