Mega Thread 2021 Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinions on Daniel Motlop's son(Jesse Motlop) and Terry Milera's son/ Gavin's nephew(Nasiah Wanganeen-Milera)? Both inside twoomeys top 30

Opinions on Daniel Motlop's son(Jesse Motlop) and Terry Milera's son/ Gavin's nephew(Nasiah Wanganeen-Milera)? Both inside twoomeys top 30

I hate that Nasiah has moved up.
Jesse in our forward set up could be a nice fit.

Motlop has had a pretty good year but he did nothing on the weekend in the first champs game. Kicked a great goal in the first quarter then barely got near it again.

Wanganeen-Milera looks good but not sure what his best position will be at AFL level. Maybe a tall wingman. Has always been rated highly.

Just finished watching the champs game from Saturday. SA were abysmal. Pretty well all their big names flopped. Very disappointing.

Motlop has had a pretty good year but he did nothing on the weekend in the first champs game. Kicked a great goal in the first quarter then barely got near it again.

Wanganeen-Milera looks good but not sure what his best position will be at AFL level. Maybe a tall wingman. Has always been rated highly.
Motlop is a genuine small forward, real cream type. Like Henry, Picket, Cameron in years gone by, team success makes them look top tier however no good without supply from further upfield.

I wasn't particularly impressed by Motlop. He seemed to lack explosive pace and impact. He had nice skills but didn't impose himself on the game. His side dominated possession and his opponent o'loughlin was struggling. I was just expecting more.

Last edited:
What did you think of Roberts?

Awful first half. Offered zero resistance to WA's dominance in the midfield. Had a much better second half in that he got involved a lot more, but for the first time I viewed him as actual slow. He looked well off the pace, most of his disposals were rushed and he couldn't get up to speed defensively.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

cal doesnt have Burgoyne in his top 30
He doesn't have hurt factor for a half back. Pretty slow, loopy kick without penetration and usually takes the easy sideways or backwards option. I'm not sure there is a place in an afl side for a half back like that.

To his credit I have noticed him defend really well. He didn't look out of place in his sanfl league games and made some really nice defensive plays.

There's the hint of the Kai Pudneys about him in all honesty and wouldn't be surprised if he falls down the order even further.

How is Goater's kicking ?? He'd be an excellent get.

It’s looked decent to good in my viewings.

I don’t think you would throw up his name as being a great kick but not a butcher either.

The thing Ive noticed was a lot of carrying it the 5-10 steps then putting it on the boot rather than quickly off loading it.

He doesn't have hurt factor for a half back. Pretty slow, loopy kick without penetration and usually takes the easy sideways or backwards option. I'm not sure there is a place in an afl side for a half back like that.

His best position is still midfield. It's just whether he'll ever have the body for it. Happy for him to fall down to our rookie list.

How is Goater's kicking ?? He'd be an excellent get.

It's good. He's a real prototype sorta mid. I think he'll be long gone at our pick.

Outside of top 4 , there seems to be fair bit of variation in the ranking across the many draft pundits. SA kids are slipping down the order except for Wanganeen-Milera who is on rise. Form of SA kids against WA recently has raised some doubts. WA kid Johnson has come in to contention for around our pick at end of 1st round and is a good height midfielder at 192cm. SA kid Roberts is being knocked for lack of leg speed, but was highly rated earlier.

The WA boys looked bigger stronger faster was abit of a surprise.
Johnson or Roberts at our pick would be great Twomey had Roberts at 4 not that long ago.

The WA boys looked bigger stronger faster was abit of a surprise.
Johnson or Roberts at our pick would be great Twomey had Roberts at 4 not that long ago.
Lack of exposed from against their peers is making judgements hard. I was keen on Roberts but he looked really slow , Johnson not overly quick either but that height advantage is a real point of difference for a mid.

A SECOND NAB AFL Under-19 Championships clash between Western Australia and South Australia could be set for Grand Final week in Perth as the AFL looks to give draftees as many chances as possible to impress.

After several false starts the carnival kicked off last week in Perth, with the home side beating South Australia by 29 points at Lathlain Park and potential top-10 pick Jye Amiss impressing.

And the League is considering scheduling another game between the states in the lead-up to the historic premiership decider in Perth later this month, with prospects keen to show their wares after another COVID-19 interrupted draft campaign.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back