Mega Thread 2021 Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

The way things are going on the mooted trades we may draft just 1 player.
As long as we're still bringing in young talent thats OK.

Trading out this years first when you can through a blanket over picks 11-35 is a great outcome if your're getting in a 24 year old about to explode midfielder.

We've obviously identified next years draft as one we want to target. Wouldn't be surprised if we're trading for 2022 picks in the trade period.

Will we have a look at Casey Voss with a late/rookie pick?

Looks like he had a solid year in the SANFL. 20 yrs old and comes from good pedigree. Seems he was a bit more of a later developer but looks like he could be worth a shot late.

Some of his stats for this year (think he played back flank?);

- 8 games with 25+ disposals
- Season high 33 disposals, also a 32 disposal game
- Spreads well with 12 games with 7+ marks
- Season high of 13 R50s
- Season high of 5 I50s
- Season high of 3 clearances
- Ave 22.4 disposals per game and 7 marks with 83% DE

Could he next make that move into being a midfielder ?

Looks like he had a solid year in the SANFL. 20 yrs old and comes from good pedigree. Seems he was a bit more of a later developer but looks like he could be worth a shot late.

- Season high of 13 R50s
- Season high of 5 I50s

Nope

- Season high of 13 R50s
- Season high of 5 I50s

I would as a late pick/rookie.

At worst he is a good Maggies mid at best he adds to our much needed mid depth.

#sackken

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The good thing at least with having 60, 70, 71 is there has been a lack of exposure and experience for two years now for these youngsters, good chance you might pick a good player out with a one of those picks that thrives in our system (well hopefully anyway)

Just going though knightmares guide on the draft board. Theres a few there that read as ready to go that could cover our midfield needs that could sitting around the 16-20 pick mark?

Josh Rachele/Goater two you'd be happy to give a go that could be about the mark and as likely as any of the top enders.

The good thing at least with having 60, 70, 71 is there has been a lack of exposure and experience for two years now for these youngsters, good chance you might pick a good player out with a one of those picks that thrives in our system (well hopefully anyway)
Nah, they'll end up getting eaten in a bid for Burgoyne anyway.

Just going though knightmares guide on the draft board. Theres a few there that read as ready to go that could cover our midfield needs that could sitting around the 16-20 pick mark?

Josh Rachele/Goater two you'd be happy to give a go that could be about the mark and as likely as any of the top enders.
Goater will take a while to end up in the midfield imo.
I really like him, he’s got a great workrate to match his physicals and skills. And while he has midfield abilities he will start elsewhere imo.
rachele I like also but he’s a wierd kinda player. He’s a high impact forward / mid and is another that won’t start his career as a mid. But as a mid he offers something quite different to what we have in there now so that is appealing.
Nah, they'll end up getting eaten in a bid for Burgoyne anyway.
Yes and no.

As bids are matched and picks disappear those picks are going to move. They’ll be some big matches coming before jase.

in the end we likely will only lose one pick and have the other pushed back a bit.

Likely we have a pick left like one of our current picks in the 70’s to go after a player probably earlier than pick 60 that we currently hold.

Having said that I might do some trades and end up with different picks.

Yea Goater would be great. Tall, athletic, versatile. Might get to 15-20 range.

I think Rachele goes top 12.

Goater will take a while to end up in the midfield imo.
I really like him, he’s got a great workrate to match his physicals and skills. And while he has midfield abilities he will start elsewhere imo.
rachele I like also but he’s a wierd kinda player. He’s a high impact forward / mid and is another that won’t start his career as a mid. But as a mid he offers something quite different to what we have in there now so that is appealing.

Yes and no.

As bids are matched and picks disappear those picks are going to move. They’ll be some big matches coming before jase.

in the end we likely will only lose one pick and have the other pushed back a bit.

Likely we have a pick left like one of our current picks in the 70’s to go after a player probably earlier than pick 60 that we currently hold.

Having said that I might do some trades and end up with different picks.
I might do some trades? Is that you Crippa!?

Rachelle sounds like that cream on the top , speccy player that is great to watch, however our priority is to go for best available mids, preferably with breakway speed. However there doesnt seem to be anyone like that at 16 +, so it may be a Matthew Johnson, Matthew Roberts or Goater type that we end up with. Both Goater and Johnson have that height factor , Goater more explosive, Johnson more silky (pendlebury type), Roberts seems like that hardworking , workman like mid, covers lots of ground, but not quick. Any of them will be Ok however I reckon.

Rachelle sounds like that cream on the top , speccy player that is great to watch, however our priority is to go for best available mids, preferably with breakway speed. However there doesnt seem to be anyone like that at 16 +, so it may be a Matthew Johnson, Matthew Roberts or Goater type that we end up with. Both Goater and Johnson have that height factor , Goater more explosive, Johnson more silky (pendlebury type), Roberts seems like that hardworking , workman like mid, covers lots of ground, but not quick. Any of them will be Ok however I reckon.
I think grays forward days are done wnd he’s probably finishing next year , Motlops is pretty well done, woodcock has been a disappointment. Trent Burgoyne hasn’t been sighted on the field.

butters and rozee need to move into the midfield.

so forward is a need for us.

I do agree we need a genuine mid more but the difference rachele makes in the middle is what we need. He’s the type we don’t have in there. He can win the ball and take it out of a stoppage instead of handballing it to another stationary player.

Former Lion Sam Skinner has had a very good season for South Adelaide at CHB. 24 years old, 197cm and 99kg. Playing finals today.

Has a couple of ACL injuries in his history but has played every game this year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back