Mega Thread 2021 Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Nothing on our or AFL web site yet, but according to this, Manguru Frederick has been elevat3ed to the main list:

The Advertiser picked it up 2 or 3 weeks ago and the club didn't confirm it then. Still reckon they have missed the Pasini upgrade. As far as I know you can't give a player a 2 year rookie contract and we gave Pasini a 2 year contract at the end of 2020 and in the past we have given rookies Houston and Lienert 2 year contracts, 1st year they stay a rookie, and the 2nd year they get an upgrade.

The Advertiser picked it up 2 or 3 weeks ago and the club didn't confirm it then. Still reckon they have missed the Pasini upgrade. As far as I know you can't give a player a 2 year rookie contract and we gave Pasini a 2 year contract at the end of 2020 and in the past we have given rookies Houston and Lienert 2 year contracts, 1st year they stay a rookie, and the 2nd year they get an upgrade.
I thought there were some specific covid rule changes around this.

I'm feeling like we're going to pick a mid/fwd with our 1st pick. That will put Sonsie, Draper, Butler and Taylor in the mix. Don't worry about draft rankings, I expect after the top 10 picks, clubs will be wildly different in how they've ranked the next group of players.

I thought there were some specific covid rule changes around this.
nothing to do with being elevated. its about a 4th year and no need for re drafting.

I'm feeling like we're going to pick a mid/fwd with our 1st pick. That will put Sonsie, Draper, Butler and Taylor in the mix. Don't worry about draft rankings, I expect after the top 10 picks, clubs will be wildly different in how they've ranked the next group of players.
I know he isn’t a mid forward but sinn seems to be the type of player we could look at too. Athletic outside mid type, but has the body and frame to eventually be a mid. Good kick.

Being endorsed by Chad Cornes is no small thing.
I know it's only a small selection of his work but Aleer does appear to hunt and tackle well. This trait isn't so evident in Aliirs game?
Aliir a much better kick and decision maker, in comparison.

Luckily both of their class can be improved upon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We need:

1. A classy, quick inside mid
2. Jase Burgoyne
3. Small forwards

We also need a project ruckman but we might leave that on the wish list for next year.
We need to get a ruck in now. It can be a rookie pick like Ladhams was. Start the development now.

Johnson with our first

Burgoyne

Hugh Jackson Late

Rookie a tall
Pick up Dumont or Contsable

Johnson will have to get past Freo's first 2 picks & the Eagles pick
(which might happen if they pick Jye Amiss, Josh Goater & Neil Erasmus)

I think we will look at

194cm Mid - Mitch Knevitt with our first pick

Burgoyne

I hope we get Hugh Jackson with a later pick

a delisted Mid from
- 192cm Brayden Sier (who has experience in Collingwood's last Grand final appearance) or
- 188cm Dylan Clark (tough hard running mid - 2019 rising star nom) or
- 186cm Trent Dumont (ranked 18th in the AFL for tackles, top 10 in Norths BF the last 3yrs & is a professional operator)

and keep a pick for the mid season draft

A) This would be a massive disappointment
B) This would essentially mean we gave Ladhams away for nothing, because there's no chance Knevitt wouldn't have still been there at pick 16.

Also Brayden Sier is a terrible footballer and not all that great a human being.

Whilst I don't mind Knevitt at all and think a midfielder that has a great contested mark is there

If we pick him I feel of surface level Schulzy is right that the guy we wanted at 16 is gone

Last edited:
I'm starting to lean to Sinn with our first only doubt is can he become a full time mid? Explosive and an elite left foot kick.
Sonsie or Johnson would also be fine even Milera.
Burgoyne
Massive slide can't believe he didn't go first rnd
Adams
Rookie lukac
Small forward
DFA Constable or Naish wouldn't lose my mind with Dumont like I would of 2mths ago.

Johnson will have to get past Freo's first 2 picks & the Eagles pick
(which might happen if they pick Jye Amiss, Josh Goater & Neil Erasmus)

I think we will look at

Burgoyne

I hope we get Hugh Jackson with a later pick

a delisted Mid from
- 192cm Brayden Sier (who has experience in Collingwood's last Grand final appearance) or
- 188cm Dylan Clark (tough hard running mid - 2019 rising star nom) or
- 186cm Trent Dumont (ranked 18th in the AFL for tackles, top 10 in Norths BF the last 3yrs & is a professional operator)

and keep a pick for the mid season draft
We won't pick Knevitt. We moved into the top 14 for a reason. Would be a massive disappointment if we did.

Thinking maybe we are trying for Wanganeen-Milera in the draft and going to wait until we see if we can pick him up before making a decision on any further delisted players ie. Dumont.

I have a feeling Essendon take Milera before we get a chance I don't think we could pass on him if his available.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back