Mega Thread 2021 Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

THE NAB AFL Draft is set to be split over two days again in 2021 after last year's single-night marathon event.
The national draft was held over two days for the first time in 2018 when live trading was introduced to the draft.

Again in 2019 it took place over two days at Marvel Stadium, but last year the League chose to run it in full in one night after COVID-19's impact saw it pushed back to December with a record-low number of draft choices made.

The draft stretched out to take more than five hours to be completed across a single night, with clubs making their selections and trades with rivals via separate locations and rooms.

Surely in today's day and age with so many divorces there should be a step father son rule ?

Surely in today's day and age with so many divorces there should be a step father son rule ?

Just get Matthew Primus to engage peak Mattress powers and seduce every mother of a gun junior footballer. Move in for a time, then slip out the back door once the kid is at Port.

It just might work.

Reckon we should target Mitch Wallis 28 yrs old and who get regular gig at A level because of the strength of the midfield (out of contract this yr?). Guy can play both as an inside midfielder and small lead up forward. Clever and hardened ready to go. Reckon a 3yr deal might entice him from Bullies who will prob over him another 1 yr deal.

I tend to agree but it would be a logistical nightmare.

What constitutes someone becoming step dad? Do they just have to be dating?

What if they get into the academy, train for 3 years then the folks break up?

A monster individual display from West Adelaide’s Cade Kennedy was a catalyst in his team’s four-point win against the Eagles at Maughan Thiem Kia Oval.

Kennedy, awarded the Round 7 Torrens University Cup MVP nomination, chalked up a staggering 49 disposals, 15 marks, nine clearances, seven tackles and a goal in his midfield masterclass.

Not an expert but seems to be some quality in the SA kids coming thru this year. May be some bargains well into the second rd. hence it might be worth trying get an extra 2nd round. Assume our current 2nd will be used on Burgoyne.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Twomey's Draft Team of the Year: Three new faces, 204cm ruck a one-week wonder?

The key forward stocks have also been bolstered by Woodville West-Torrens marking option Lukas Cooke. Cooke booted 14 goals from the opening four rounds of the SANFL under-18 season, with the 194cm prospect averaging 17 disposals and seven marks in the period.

Explosive Glenelg midfielder Hugh Stagg has made another big statement at under-18 level, a week after his best-on-ground performance against the Panthers.
The 18-year-old, who captained Immanuel College’s first XVIII side last year, almost got his side over the line with another dominant performance, finishing with 30 disposals, 18 contested possessions, eight inside-50s, 3.3 and a huge 187 Champion Data ranking points in the four-point loss to West Adelaide.
Stagg’s showing on Saturday followed his 32-disposal, three-goal, 175-ranking point display in Round 7.
The 179cm on-baller’s ability to not only win the ball, but break away from the contest with it, and also get forward and hit the scoreboard is drawing a lot of attention.
And, after 63 disposals and six goals in the past two matches, his stocks are rising fast.

The SA talent in the next two drafts is very exciting. A big spread of very very different players.

Watched a few games the last two weeks finally.

Burgs - I’m already sold on him. I think he will become very good. Plays like his dad. Lots of fast twitch muscles, ridiculous 360 degree movement. Looks laconic but gets really involved already.

Mattaes phillipou- 2022 draft. Mid / utility. Already a big lad around 188cm maybe more from memory and decent size. Dad played for wwt and a handful of games for magpies. Ridiculous good hands overhead and in the contest. Very strong through the hips and body, just bullies kids in contests. Macca19 how do you rate his athletic traits? It’s really hard to gauge. Looks ok to my eye but can’t tell exactly. Vaguely reminds me of Caleb poulter while still being not exactly alike.

Hanson - 2022. Winger. I’ve been watching him for a while and love him. Just plays a pure run the lines wing style. Do wonder if he just sticks out cause of the blond hair but he’s a pretty damn good wingman imo. Another I’m interested in hearing Macca19 thoughts on.

Carter - 2022. Stephens son. Hasn’t been finding as much of the ball as I hoped
Coming into the season but a big solid lad and he impacts contests. Kicking could improve just seems to be banging them. But heaps to like. Should be a port father son!

Adam De aloia - 2022. Wasn’t playing this weekend but watched a bit of him in the past. Massive inside beast built like a brick shithouse. Unsure what his level is. Anyone know why he wasn’t playing? Injured?

Eagles have a bunch of interesting players who i reckon will emerge as prospects.

Austin McDonald - 2022. I’ve watched a few games now but haven’t really caught lots of the stuff he’s done while I’ve been watching others but he’s super highly rated so I’m keen to watch more. Centre mid.

Dudley -crows nga. this kid has lots of fans. Rightly so, he moves so well. I’m very often anti- midget players but it doesn’t matter. He moves like how I’ve seen the best mids move out of contests. Looks like how you would imagine a all-star basket baller dropped down to social level basketball would look. The crows will hand him guernsey number 23 if they have to rip it from adams by force. If he gets a top 20 bid though he is anyone’s. At a guess though he might slip through. Maybe some teams rate him inside 20 but that doesn’t matter if they don’t have a draft pick in that range.

Rayson - I’ve got huge wraps for rayson. Running defender who hits contests at light speed and keeps running. Has gone into the midfield a bit this year and looked alright there as well.

Plenty of players I need to see more of to form an opinion. Cooper beecken, will verrall ive seen heaps of but still don’t know how to extrapolate what he does to afl level. Haven’t watched Cade Kennedy enough. Taj rahui is very interesting for 2022. Shay linke I haven’t watched yet. Nasiah wanganeen-Milera is interesting. Great size and speed on him.

The south’s boys have been spoken about a fair bit.

Murley I really liked last year but don’t know what to make of his year.

Where do you see guys like murley nasiah and beecken going in the draft Macca19 ?

The SA talent in the next two drafts is very exciting. A big spread of very very different players.

Watched a few games the last two weeks finally.

Burgs - I’m already sold on him. I think he will become very good. Plays like his dad. Lots of fast twitch muscles, ridiculous 360 degree movement. Looks laconic but gets really involved already.

Mattaes phillipou- 2022 draft. Mid / utility. Already a big lad around 188cm maybe more from memory and decent size. Dad played for wwt and a handful of games for magpies. Ridiculous good hands overhead and in the contest. Very strong through the hips and body, just bullies kids in contests. Macca19 how do you rate his athletic traits? It’s really hard to gauge. Looks ok to my eye but can’t tell exactly. Vaguely reminds me of Caleb poulter while still being not exactly alike.

Hanson - 2022. Winger. I’ve been watching him for a while and love him. Just plays a pure run the lines wing style. Do wonder if he just sticks out cause of the blond hair but he’s a pretty damn good wingman imo. Another I’m interested in hearing Macca19 thoughts on.

Carter - 2022. Stephens son. Hasn’t been finding as much of the ball as I hoped
Coming into the season but a big solid lad and he impacts contests. Kicking could improve just seems to be banging them. But heaps to like. Should be a port father son!

Adam De aloia - 2022. Wasn’t playing this weekend but watched a bit of him in the past. Massive inside beast built like a brick shithouse. Unsure what his level is. Anyone know why he wasn’t playing? Injured?

Eagles have a bunch of interesting players who i reckon will emerge as prospects.

Austin McDonald - 2022. I’ve watched a few games now but haven’t really caught lots of the stuff he’s done while I’ve been watching others but he’s super highly rated so I’m keen to watch more. Centre mid.

Dudley -crows nga. this kid has lots of fans. Rightly so, he moves so well. I’m very often anti- midget players but it doesn’t matter. He moves like how I’ve seen the best mids move out of contests. Looks like how you would imagine a all-star basket baller dropped down to social level basketball would look. The crows will hand him guernsey number 23 if they have to rip it from adams by force. If he gets a top 20 bid though he is anyone’s. At a guess though he might slip through. Maybe some teams rate him inside 20 but that doesn’t matter if they don’t have a draft pick in that range.

Rayson - I’ve got huge wraps for rayson. Running defender who hits contests at light speed and keeps running. Has gone into the midfield a bit this year and looked alright there as well.

Plenty of players I need to see more of to form an opinion. Cooper beecken, will verrall ive seen heaps of but still don’t know how to extrapolate what he does to afl level. Haven’t watched Cade Kennedy enough. Taj rahui is very interesting for 2022. Shay linke I haven’t watched yet. Nasiah wanganeen-Milera is interesting. Great size and speed on him.

The south’s boys have been spoken about a fair bit.

Murley I really liked last year but don’t know what to make of his year.

Where do you see guys like murley nasiah and beecken going in the draft Macca19 ?

Phillipous athleticism is excellent. He's super fit. Like super super fit. He'll grow into his body a bit more obviously and has the build to have a decent frame. He' a running machine. I didn't think he'd be as good inside as what he is, but he's been super impressive in contests and at stoppages. Gun.

Hansen looks ok and is getting plenty of the ball. Not 100% sold on him just yet.

Cade Kennedy is a real work horse but not sold on his AFL traits just yet. Wish he was a bit taller. Can't do much more. Super professional.

Dudley looks good but would be a surprise if he gets a top 20 bid. He'll be a Crow. Super short though.

Rayson i rate a bit lower at the moment. Don't mind him but haven't seen him really control a game.

Murley would have dropped down the rankings a bit. I'm hot and cold on him. He's alright but can see him just being so-so at AFL level. Will be 2nd rounder at best imo.

Nas I love but is big boom-bust. Could be anything. Could be nothing. His athleticism is through the roof and he has good skills. Would love him at Port. I had him 1st round coming into the year but probably falls a bit later.

Beecken is a solid 2nd-3rd rounder imo.

What's the go with hunter Carter?
In what regard? He’s not available as a father son thanks to our shitty rules. 2022 draft. Solid lump of a lad. 184-186cms at a guess? Good impactful ballwinner who tends to slam it on the boot a bit from what I’ve seen this year. Teams will be watching him but also hasn’t put his name up in lights like a bunch of 2022 kids have.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back