Mega Thread 2021 Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

I haven’t seen him since but as a junior Dean was absolutely 194-195 so I’m not sure why you think it’s bull? Had long arms as well from memory.

I haven’t watched him since to know how he is tracking but I do like the idea of targeting key defenders with late picks / rookie picks.

The amount of key defenders that have been unearthed that way is pretty remarkable

He's listed as 195cm on Williamstown's player profiles. Won the fothergill medal. VFL team of the year. The wrap from his coach is massive. I know they can talk players up, but it's a big wrap.

VFL coach Justin Plapp praised Dean’s contribution throughout the 2021 season, highlighting him as one of the most impressive footballers in the Seagulls side.

"When you talk about someone who is striving to be the best he can and reach his goals, you talk about sacrifice, you talk about hard work and diligence around every part of his football," Plapp said. "I couldn't find a kid who has worked so hard in all those areas more than Charlie. For where he's going as a young man, I couldn't be more excited for him and more respectful of what he's put into his football.

"Everything about what your teammate needs from you as a player, he absolutely pushes that to the limit. He was able to be resilient, competitive when he needed to be and his desperate acts at times in games was a real highlight."

Also...SA v WA under 19's today at 1.30pm central time streaming from Thebarton Oval on afl site.

There was a midfielder who dominated for Subiaco in the wafl granny and throughout the season. About 24 years old. Not sure if anyone is keen but I'd assume he's a chance

There’s so many players missing from the Sa side.

Though right now these Sa v wa matches have entirely re-affirmed my statements regarding roberts

he’s been the biggest Sa name by far in these games, and he’s a big ready made man mountain compared to most out there and he’s well underperformed.

the wa mids led by a bunch of players who will be 40-rookie draft prospects or possibly even undrafted have smashed the Sa midfield. Sa has even preferred to go others over roberts in the midfield, even though roberts is meant to be a genuine centre midfielder.

as I say thst roberts fires out a nice handpass.

he’s got good hands in close, but in a year where dunstan was barely wanted midfielders need more.

Roberts is great ball in hand but can't win a hard ball to save himself.

J burgoyne with a ripper.

No wonder he hasn't been drafted. Needs to jazz his name up.

As is the theme with names nowadays, it is spelt wrong. It should be LGreygg. The L is silent.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kade Dittmar was impressive, really powerful explosive inside mid. Has a Port Adelaide connection with his dad Mark having played for the Maggie's.

Got a bit of the Clive Waterhouse mullet going there too!

...and a dream to follow his forebears:

" Dittmar said his dream was to emulate his father, grandfather and uncles by playing at Port. "

Kade Dittmar was impressive, really powerful explosive inside mid. Has a Port Adelaide connection with his dad Mark having played for the Maggie's.
I like Dittmar but I’d be surprised if we drafted him. He’s a bit agricultural like SPP and that type of player is on the nose at the moment.

I would loooove grabbing Dittmar. I feel his draft stocks have risen to put him out of reach after our Burgoyne match anyway though. His tenacity is terrific and I feel he's underrated in game sense and skill.

My way too uninformed and completely biased list of players I'd like at Pick 16:

Sonsie
Goater
Draper
Johnson
Sinn
Rachele

Last edited:
Watching WA vs SA is like the first intra club game of a preseason. All effort but plenty of fumbles, poor skills and no game plan. Quite hard to watch really.

He's listed as 195cm on Williamstown's player profiles. Won the fothergill medal. VFL team of the year. The wrap from his coach is massive. I know they can talk players up, but it's a big wrap.

VFL coach Justin Plapp praised Dean’s contribution throughout the 2021 season, highlighting him as one of the most impressive footballers in the Seagulls side.

"When you talk about someone who is striving to be the best he can and reach his goals, you talk about sacrifice, you talk about hard work and diligence around every part of his football," Plapp said. "I couldn't find a kid who has worked so hard in all those areas more than Charlie. For where he's going as a young man, I couldn't be more excited for him and more respectful of what he's put into his football.

"Everything about what your teammate needs from you as a player, he absolutely pushes that to the limit. He was able to be resilient, competitive when he needed to be and his desperate acts at times in games was a real highlight."

Also...SA v WA under 19's today at 1.30pm central time streaming from Thebarton Oval on afl site.

A bit of Jonas about his game. Defends well, can kick too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back