Mega Thread 2021 Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

I dont know why the hate... Welcome to the club Sinny!!!

I'm no draft expert and I'll be honest and I don't watch much below AFL besides SANFL. But Sinny has so much potential and his perfectly weighted kicks, speed, skill.

Rather get him than Essondon 'potentially' getting him even with Ladhams/future pick 2.

There must be a reason why Johnson fell below the top 20 too!
Nobody's hating on Sinn, just on the inefficient way we ended up getting him. If I pay $10 for a sausage roll, even if it's a very nice sausage roll I still overpaid for it.

Nobody's hating on Sinn, just on the inefficient way we ended up getting him. If I pay $10 for a sausage roll, even if it's a very nice sausage roll I still overpaid for it.
Maybe hate is the wrong word to choose.

We must have had some good info that Essondon would have picked Sinny at their pick for us to trade a future 2nd to get ahead of them.

If that's the case I trust our recruiting as ive been wrong every time about them in the last few years.

I'm stoked we secured him even if we payed $2 for the ketchup!

It seems and feels like an overpay.

But Parker has been good with drafting pretty well since 2016, so I back his judgement. Sucks to lose that pick, but if Sinn turns out how we hope, it'd be worth it.

Imagine how many good players you'd trade a future 2nd for them plus a two pick upgrade in the first for. If Sinn becomes one of those, it's worth it.

Edit: After thinking about it, the maths don't make sense and it's more spending a first and second round pick on. So that makes it worse haha. But I'm still positive about it!

That is absolutely correct and the people calling fair criticism bed wetting can gagf. The Ladhams trade was dogshit and it was sold to us as opening up the players we wanted. Then tonight we find out tonight it wasn't enough and we have to add a future 2nd on top. If we had done Ladhams + our 2nd for a 4 pick upgrade + a future third during trade week, the would have genuinely had to think whether to approve it. We would have declared a Fatwa on the club. Lots of people talking like a 2nd rounder is nothing. We picked Clurey, Drew, traded for Fantasia and Aliir with seconds. The reason why we don't have more success with 2nds is we keep on trading them away.

Xavier O'Neill
West CoastOakleigh ChargersTAC Cup
Traded from Gold Coast; received from Brisbane Lions
29Will KellyCollingwoodOakleigh ChargersTAC Cup
30Will HamillAdelaideDandenong StingraysTAC Cup
Traded from Greater Western Sydney; received from Fremantle
31Luke FoleyWest CoastSubiacoWAFL
Traded from Sydney at the draft; received from Carl, W.B.​
32Luke ValenteFremantleNorwoodSANFL
Traded from W.Bulldogs at the draft; Free Agency compo pick (Dahlhaus)​
33James JordonMelbourneOakleigh ChargersTAC Cup
Traded from St K; received from Syd, Carl, Adel​
34Kieren BriggsGWS GiantsPennant HillsAFL Syd.
Academy selection​
35Bailey WilliamsWest CoastDandenong StingraysTAC Cup
Traded from Gold Coast at the draft; received from Essendon

There are some handy players in the range over the last 5 years.

WC got the player they wanted + a chance to pick up someone of the quality listed above. They're a team that wins a flag every decade. We gifted Sydney a player that fixes up one of their long term problems for next to nothing as well. They're a young top 8 side. The trade is dogshit. Unless he turns out to be a Wines/ Boak / Gray quality player, it is a sh*t trade. If he's a complete bust, that virtually costs you a shot at a flag. 1 first 22 player plus an entire draft invested is the equivalent of pushing all your chips in at the blackjack table. I really liked him at 14 and it's clearly not his fault how he ended up here. But it's a dogshit trade.

This post is has a lot of holes and telling people to get ****ed is a bit over the top mate.

Firstly you have to take the Ladhams trade and what happened tonight in isolation. The Ladhams trade was shite, we obviously wanted to get into the top bracket in the draft but we dramatically overpaid and it was our own fault.

But the live trade I was OK with. Port obviously rate Sinn very highly (he was on par with Daicos and way above Callaghan in all the ratings at the start of the year), and it was plainly obvious that both Essendon and Brisbane were red hot on Sinn. If we didnt make west coast a better offer than Brisbane they probably would’ve taken him or Essendon would have at the next pick. We didn’t want to take that chance and were willing to pay up for it. Proof will be in the pudding.

And no one said second rounders are nothing. They just have a high miss rate and it’s the first rounders that make or break a list.

This post is has a lot of holes and telling people to get f’ed is a bit over the top mate.

Firstly you have to take the Ladhams trade and what happened tonight in isolation. The Ladhams trade was sh*te, we obviously wanted to get into the top bracket in the draft but we dramatically overpaid and it was our own fault.

But the live trade I was OK with. Port obviously rate Sinn very highly (he was on par with Daicos and way above Callaghan in all the ratings at the start of the year), and it was plainly obvious that both Essendon and Brisbane were red hot on Sinn. If we didnt make west coast a better offer than Brisbane they probably would’ve taken him or Essendon would have at the next pick. We didn’t want to take that chance and were willing to pay up for it. Proof will be in the pudding.

And no one said second rounders are nothing. They just have a high miss rate and it’s the first rounders that make or break a list.

I don't have to. The same people who were involved with that garbage trade, added a cherry on top tonight all but admitting they ****ed up in the first place.

As for telling people to GAGF, no, they can GAGF. The responses were reasonably measured and pointed out the fact that Sinn now has to become an absolute superstar to break even with what we have given up. On one hand every time Hinkley picks his nose, people on here want to sack him and hurl around puerile insults like Stinkley. But the list management team having a mare is off limits? Nope. We have been far too eager to be nice and put something on top to get trades over the line. That should be called out for what it is.

Rozee has been dealing with injuries. When he was healthy he almost won the rising star. I highly doubt when their careers are over that the Rozee trade will be looked at as a bad move

Do you think he'll be a better player than Ben King/ Bailey Smith?

I don't have to. The same people who were involved with that garbage trade, added a cherry on top tonight all but admitting they f’ed up in the first place.

As for telling people to GAGF, no, they can GAGF. The responses were reasonably measured and pointed out the fact that Sinn now has to become an absolute superstar to break even with what we have given up. On one hand every time Hinkley picks his nose, people on here want to sack him and hurl around puerile insults like Stinkley. But the list management team having a mare is off limits? Nope. We have been far too eager to be nice and put something on top to get trades over the line. That should be called out for what it is.
I hope once you’ve calmed down you can have a reasonable discussion and stop throwing insults.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remember Allan Jeans and his story of how he was given money to buy shoes for school but instead of using all the money to buy a quality pair of shoes, he decided to go for the cheaper version and had to go through half the year with shoes that were falling apart.

We were prepared to pay the price for Sinn because he obviously gets what we are trying to do at Port and wants to be a part of it. Another flanker? No. Another player who had the size, strength and speed to play multiple positions and is one step closer to total football.

Remember Allan Jeans and his story of how he was given money to buy shoes for school but instead of using all the money to buy a quality pair of shoes, he decided to go for the cheaper version and had to go through half the year with shoes that were falling apart.

We were prepared to pay the price for Sinn because he obviously gets what we are trying to do at Port and wants to be a part of it. Another flanker? No. Another player who had the size, strength and speed to play multiple positions and is one step closer to total football.

You had me too the end , hinkley can't do s**t , he's a loser and is extremely unprofessional and won't go improve his coaching and tactical skills

So essentially we gave up Ladhams, pick 18, and next years second for pick 12 and a third
Yeah the Ladhams trade was horrible for us - we lost big time with that effort.
But we did what we needed to do to get our man on the night, so not too fussed with the pick swap overpayment to WC.
Pressure is on Sinn now - needs to be a Brownlow winner by the time he has been in the system 3 years to be worth it, so as someone stated, "no pressre" :think:

Anyway, the kid's highlights look good. Stronger, faster and better kick than Pittard. May well go into the midfield in time. For the time being it allows us to invest in Houston, Jones, SPP and Bergman as inside mids, as well as getting a fit Butters and Rozee rotating through there as well.

Need to get a small forward and a pure mid (or 2 small forwards) to top off our drafting.

A second round pick may not be important for us next year. We arent a club that needs to grab a bunch of mid tier talent. We need one or two elite guys that can get us to the next level, and they need to be ready to play as soon as we have a decent coaching group, which could be 2023.

Im fine with this.

A second round pick may not be important for us next year. We arent a club that needs to grab a bunch of mid tier talent. We need one or two elite guys that can get us to the next level, and they need to be ready to play as soon as we have a decent coaching group, which could be 2023.

Im fine with this.
I think this is how our club sees it too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back