Mega Thread 2021 Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Did the eagles just trade for 62 when they had 63 and port can't take anymore selections just to pass on 63

What did I miss there

I think it might’ve been more that we thought a bid might have come in for hugh before our pick in the 60’s if Burgoyne got bid on

Lol WCE did us a solid for helping them out with Chesser. They could have just waited til their next pick for Clark.
Shades of 1996. You pinch Downsborough as uncontracted player from us, so we get compo picks 1+24 from the AFL to draft Gardiner with 1, and we give you old Port boys Shane Bond+Brayden Lyle for pick 57.

So we traded from 62 to 55 whilst upgrading our future 4th rounder?
No we traded our F4 for 55 with Carlton, then traded 62 to WCE for their F4. So we might upgrade our 4th round pick next year by 4 to 8 slots. Edit Re reading what you wrote yes that was the net result of 2 trades.

Last edited:
I find it a little strange that there hasn't been any sign of Hinkley anywhere. Usually the club falls over itself posting those cringe first phone call videos.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I find it a little strange that there hasn't been any sign of Hinkley anywhere. Usually the club falls over itself posting those cringe first phone call videos.
Josh Sinn “missed” 2 calls from Kenny last night… maybe he was screening his calls!

We filled a lot of needs in this off-season (draft + dfa listing skinner)

Quite surprising.

We wanted a younger, taller key defender. Skinner

We wanted a genuine mid. Jackson

We wanted a potential future elite mid with pace. Sinn.

We needed a ruck after trading one out. Dante.

I would have preferred that we didn’t * up the Ladhams trade, and that we kept our picks in 2022 or acquired more picks

But Parker and co have done a decent job with what we’ve given him to work with imo.

Sinn is a chance to play early next year I think.

Delean was near unstoppable inside 50 in under 18’s this year.
Before I heard mcaufliffe was 2023 draft I assumed he was this years draft for some reason. I’ll be watching him closer next year.
Wheaton is a monster. Will be interesting to watch him and see how his workrate around the ground is next year cause he’s an inside beast.
I don’t know Tully or slade.
There is a chb around low 190cms that is promising too isn’t there? I forget his name.
the amount of talls next year means there should be good ones available outside the top 15 picks

Delean >>>>> Draper imo. But either player could develop differently depending on their workrate in the system.
Wheaton is running low 6 min 2km.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back