2nds 2021 EFL - 2nd Tier

fridgeman

Premiership Player
Jan 26, 2014
AFL Club
GWS
I was hoping for some write ups on the club website about some of the games but I see serious budget issues at the club and with the remaining staff having to fill multiple roles not enough time for them to write something up

With all the injuries next weeks game will see lots of academy and non-listed players which has been the story of the last 6-7 years for the reserves so looks like another poor year even before the year starts

I was hoping for some write ups on the club website about some of the games but I see serious budget issues at the club and with the remaining staff having to fill multiple roles not enough time for them to write something up

With all the injuries next weeks game will see lots of academy and non-listed players which has been the story of the last 6-7 years for the reserves so looks like another poor year even before the year starts
Local Talent to Join GIANTS Reserves Squad
Author Name: jacobgaynor | Posted 3:37 pm on Thursday 25th March, 2021

GIANTSReserveSquad.jpg

The GIANTS have signed 18 of the best next-tier talent from Sydney and Canberra to play alongside our AFL listed players in the Reserves competition.

The club has used the new competition to seek out talented players from across AFL Sydney and AFL Canberra – as well as the club’s Academy – for the 2021 season.

The new-look 16-round season will feature 22 teams from Queensland, New South Wales and Victoria, with many of the games to be curtain-raisers to AFL matches.

GIANTS Assistant Coach Luke Kelly – who will coach the Reserves side – said it was a great opportunity for the club to continue to develop local talent.

“We’re really excited to be able to tap into the existing talent in our region and offer opportunities for those players to experience an AFL-level program,” he said.

“We spent a lot of time scouting local clubs and held trials to identify the best of the AFL Sydney and AFL Canberra competitions.

“Our senior Academy players will continue to be heavily integrated into our Reserves program, while all 20 of these players will be in and around the club on a weekly basis.

“We’re excited to be able to offer a development opportunity for all of these players and are looking forward to watching them run out in the GIANTS jumper in season 2021.”

GIANTS Reserves Listed Players

Cam EdwardsEast Coast/GIANTS Academy
Xavier Barry-MurphyUTS
Kel EvansCamden Cats
Billy ClarkEastlake/GIANTS Academy
Alex SmoutEastlake
Matt McGroryGunghalin/GIANTS Academy
Rhys PollockQueanbeyan/GIANTS Academy
James PeatlingPennant Hills/GIANTS Academy
Tim GarveyUTS
Lleyton ChisolmAinslie
Matt AcklandAinslie
Nathan SmithNorth Shore
Lucas LamInner West Magpies
Zach YoultenManly Wolves
Liam RossUNSW
Josh BoagPennant Hills
Kyle VeerhiusCamden Cats
Josh LeeUTS

The first two rounds of the competition have been released with the GIANTS to open their season against the Swans at Tramway Oval (outside the SCG) ahead of the Sydney Derby on April 17,

The GIANTS will then take on Footscray in round two at Blacktown International Sportspark on Thursday, April 22.

View Current Fixture

The finalised dates and times for the remaining rounds will be announced in due course.

All GIANTS home games in Sydney from round eight will feature a reserves match as a curtain-raiser.

fridgeman

Premiership Player
Jan 26, 2014
AFL Club
GWS
Local Talent to Join GIANTS Reserves Squad
Author Name: jacobgaynor | Posted 3:37 pm on Thursday 25th March, 2021

GIANTSReserveSquad.jpg

The GIANTS have signed 18 of the best next-tier talent from Sydney and Canberra to play alongside our AFL listed players in the Reserves competition.

The club has used the new competition to seek out talented players from across AFL Sydney and AFL Canberra – as well as the club’s Academy – for the 2021 season.

The new-look 16-round season will feature 22 teams from Queensland, New South Wales and Victoria, with many of the games to be curtain-raisers to AFL matches.

GIANTS Assistant Coach Luke Kelly – who will coach the Reserves side – said it was a great opportunity for the club to continue to develop local talent.

“We’re really excited to be able to tap into the existing talent in our region and offer opportunities for those players to experience an AFL-level program,” he said.

“We spent a lot of time scouting local clubs and held trials to identify the best of the AFL Sydney and AFL Canberra competitions.

“Our senior Academy players will continue to be heavily integrated into our Reserves program, while all 20 of these players will be in and around the club on a weekly basis.

“We’re excited to be able to offer a development opportunity for all of these players and are looking forward to watching them run out in the GIANTS jumper in season 2021.”

GIANTS Reserves Listed Players

Cam EdwardsEast Coast/GIANTS Academy
Xavier Barry-MurphyUTS
Kel EvansCamden Cats
Billy ClarkEastlake/GIANTS Academy
Alex SmoutEastlake
Matt McGroryGunghalin/GIANTS Academy
Rhys PollockQueanbeyan/GIANTS Academy
James PeatlingPennant Hills/GIANTS Academy
Tim GarveyUTS
Lleyton ChisolmAinslie
Matt AcklandAinslie
Nathan SmithNorth Shore
Lucas LamInner West Magpies
Zach YoultenManly Wolves
Liam RossUNSW
Josh BoagPennant Hills
Kyle VeerhiusCamden Cats
Josh LeeUTS

The first two rounds of the competition have been released with the GIANTS to open their season against the Swans at Tramway Oval (outside the SCG) ahead of the Sydney Derby on April 17,

The GIANTS will then take on Footscray in round two at Blacktown International Sportspark on Thursday, April 22.

View Current Fixture

The finalised dates and times for the remaining rounds will be announced in due course.

All GIANTS home games in Sydney from round eight will feature a reserves match as a curtain-raiser.

A handfull of NEAFL/Academy experienced players in that list but I wouldnt hold out much hope for any standouts

Oct 12, 2016
AFL Club
GWS
Tanner's class really showed out
Shipley has really come on, his inside work is too good for this level but given our list status he probably won't get that kind of role at AFL level. Don't want to see him in another clubs colours but unless we can find another role for him he is in a long queue of inside kids.
Hogan did Hogan stuff, brilliant lead and mark fwd and set shot kick for goal but that's all you get. I don't think it's not wanting to give it a final shot it's just the way he plays, he should look at Tex Walker's highlight reel for the season so far for inspiration. I can't see him and Riccardi in the same fwd line working.

sydney_gws

Club Legend
Oct 31, 2016
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
qpr
Tanner's class really showed out
Shipley has really come on, his inside work is too good for this level but given our list status he probably won't get that kind of role at AFL level. Don't want to see him in another clubs colours but unless we can find another role for him he is in a long queue of inside kids.
Hogan did Hogan stuff, brilliant lead and mark fwd and set shot kick for goal but that's all you get. I don't think it's not wanting to give it a final shot it's just the way he plays, he should look at Tex Walker's highlight reel for the season so far for inspiration. I can't see him and Riccardi in the same fwd line working.
Which one would you rather have then in the team

ClockworkOrange

Club Legend
Jan 30, 2016
AFL Club
GWS

To me Hogan looked short on fitness.

Hopefully we get 2’s TV coverage again next week.

You’d expect to see more running from him next week with a view to being ready for AFL in R7.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Oct 12, 2016
AFL Club
GWS
Which one would you rather have then in the team

It's probably flip a coin based on Riccardi's game last week. In Hogan's defence it was a big fwd line to move around in, we had him, Sproule, Briggs/Flynn all down there but he did move up the ground a bit to give options at half fwd and wing at times. The delivery to fwd's is hit and miss at this level, he did kick a goal from a very nice pass straight from a centre clearance. He didn't look like he wasn't interested in being there but seemed frustrated at times.

Dogs released their team / squad yesterday for tonight

ROUND 2 SQUAD

GWS Giants v Footscray Bulldogs
Thursday 22 April, 7.15pm AEST
Blacktown International Sports Park

B:
Zaine Cordy, Buku Khamis, Will Hayes
HB: Louis Butler, Lewis Young, Roarke Smith
C: Mitch Hannan, Cody Weightman, Riley Garcia
HF: Laitham Vandermeer, Josh Schache, Pat Lipinski
F: Rhylee West, Jamarra Ugle-Hagan, Ben Cavarra
R: Jordon Sweet, Mitch Wallis, Lin Jong
Int from: Jesse Glass-McCasker, Charlie Cormack, Bailey Van De Heuvel, Reuben William, Ned Nichols, Jordan Boyd, Cody Raak, Dan Orgill, Dom Bedendo, Jarrod Gilbee, Robbie McComb, Lachie Sullivan

Back