2nds 2021 EFL - 2nd Tier

Remove this Banner Ad

So where do the most talented academy players ( those eligible to be drafted to be on an afl list in 2022) play now. I read stories of other teams like north having sub standard top up players, I wonder if this competition might be reduced from 22 to 20 teams next year. It won't affect our team, I am just wondering.

I read stories of other teams like north having sub standard top up players,

what/who did they use last year or the year before or the year before that, and every year going back to 1877 when they joined the VFA?

they‘ve had a reserves team the whole way through, surely. What’s so different about this year?

if their players are sub-standard, that’s not the competition’s fault.

what/who did they use last year or the year before or the year before that, and every year going back to 1877 when they joined the VFA?

they‘ve had a reserves team the whole way through, surely. What’s so different about this year?

if their players are sub-standard, that’s not the competition’s fault.
I am not knocking the competition, just wondering if it might shrink a bit and have on average more afl listed players in most teams. I am particularly glad to see aspley and southport do well, I thought the neafl being mocked by Victorian clubs was quite galling.

I am not knocking the competition, just wondering if it might shrink a bit and have on average more afl listed players in most teams. I am particularly glad to see aspley and southport do well, I thought the neafl being mocked by Victorian clubs was quite galling.

surely, the number of AFL listed players playing VFL in any given week will be AFL List Size minus (Seniors + injured). that won’t change unless they change the list size. The number of non-AFL aligned teams won’t change that equation at all.

dropping 2 whole teams (assuming they’re not AFL reserves/aligned teams) won’t increase the average number of listed players per team, you just lose opportunity for non-listed players to play and show their wares and maybe get picked up as a mature age recruit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

State league affiliate: GWS Giants (VFL)
This weekend: GWS Giants v Southport at Blacktown International Sportspark, May 2, 12.05pm AEST

Young forward Jake Riccardi excelled in a new role down back as the Giants cruised to a five-goal triumph over Southport at home.

Riccardi collected 40 disposals and pulled down 19 marks in a best-on-ground performance for the young Giants, while highly rated youngster Tanner Bruhn (23 disposals) also stood out.

Dumped duo Matt Flynn (12 disposals and 17 hitouts) and Conor Stone (15 touches) were solid, while Jacob Wehr collected 27 disposals in a good individual effort.

let’s just hope all the utterly s#*tful umpiring is used up in this game before they get to the main game tonight.

THERE ARE RULES!!

and you’d think at least some of the umpires might know them

The part o find surprising is that we had a handful of listed players and still beat Port Melbourne. In the NEAFL we would have been trounced with those numbers.
Wasn’t the VFL meant to be light years ahead

Look at how well southport is going. Beat suns reserves by 80 points today
The part o find surprising is that we had a handful of listed players and still beat Port Melbourne. In the NEAFL we would have been trounced with those numbers.

Caught the last two quarters live at BISP this afternoon.

Briggs definitely looked like he owned the match, but he took a very heavy knock to face/throat in Q3 and was breathing in a distressed manner as he was led into the change rooms.

To be candid, I was very surprised he re-emerged in Q4.

This was a very good win by our team, PM challenged very hard but lacked the composure of our players in the final quarter.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I think PM suffer from not being AFL aligned.

They lacked i50 composure, and this proved the difference on the day.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Back