The Victorian

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 23, 2018
Victoria
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Storm, Western Utd
why don’t teams think the Suns will make finals? Natural progression like Freo and Carlton plus we get some random kid like Rowell back next year!

lvandinter

Premiership Player
Jul 5, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Storm, McLaren F1, Man Utd
Very hard to predict as we don’t know what the 2021 season is going to look like. Will it be normal 22 rounds? Or will it be what it was this season. I’ll do 2 predictions based on those scenarios

22 rounds:

Brisbane- Look unbeatable at home, with Joe Daniher coming in, their forward line will be stacked
West Coast- Very strong lineup, good at travelling, only in short periods, but what will get them second is their strong home record.
Port- Will be up their again next season, plenty of young talent in the squad, dont expect them to drop off.
Richmond- They will once again earn the double chance, and will be very hard to beat.
Saints- Saints will build on their strong 2020 season, they’ll be back at home in 2021 (if all goes well) and if they recruit well once again, they could finish in the top 4.
Collingwood- Once again, just off the mark, with an ageing list and not enough young talent, will be diffcult to push for the top 4.
Geelong- Cats will drop off a bit, due to Gazza and Taylor’s retirement, along with probably more retirements come seasons end. Not a lot of young quality talent either. Still a team to look out for though, we’ve seen it before.
Dogs- Once again expectations will be high, but will just scrape into the 8 for the third year in a row, due to injuries.
——————-
Melbourne
Suns
Blues
Fremantle
Giants
Sydney
Hawthorn
Essendon
Crows
Norf

Week 1-
Brisbane def Richmond by 14 pts- @ The Gabba- 34,783
West Coast def Port by 17 pts- @ Optus- 59,519
Saints def Dogs by 9 pts- @ MCG- 53,105
Collingwood def Geelong by 11 pts- @ MCG- 89,883

Week 2-
St Kilda def Richmond by 3 pts- @ MCG- 91,341
Port def Collingwood by 28 pts- @ Adelaide Oval- 52,673

Week 3-
Brisbane def Port by 10 pts- @ Gabba- 35,121
West Coast def St Kilda by 16 pts- @ Optus- 59,989

GF-
Brisbane def West Coast by 4 pts- @ MCG- 99,993

Season with hubs (kinda unlikely)

Brisbane
Richmond
Port
Geelong
Saints
Dogs
West Coast
Melbourne
——————
Suns
Collingwood
Carlton
Fremantle
Sydney
Giants
Essendon
Hawthorn
Crows
Norf

Week 1-
Brisbane def Geelong by 40 pts- @ Gabba- 33,000
Richmond def Port by 8 pts- @ Gabba- 27,000
Saints def Melbourne by 19 pts- @ Gabba- 25,000
Dogs def West Coast by 4 pts- @ Gabba- 25,000

Week 2-
St Kilda def Geelong by 10 pts- @ Gabba- 23,000
Port def Dogs by 17 pts- @ Adelaide Oval- 52,000

Week 3-
Brisbane def Port by 2 points- @ Gabba- 35,000
Richmond def St Kilda by 18 pts- @ Gabba- 32,000

GF-
Brisbane def Richmond by 16 pts- @ Adelaide Oval- 56,000

Last edited:
May 11, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Ipswich Town FC, Leeds Rhinos
In before Fremantle bottom 4 predictions because most people here don't watch our games.

This one and last season's thread

Ok chaps.

We’re three pages in and about 30% of predictions have us in the eight, 50% have us 9th-12th and about 20% 13th and below. No one has predicted we get the spoon.

Can we agree not to litter this thread with calling out the random ‘Freo - Bottom four’ post.

It looks like oppo fans genuinely think we’re on the rise and the constant finger pointing was funny two seasons ago, a bit tiresome last season and pointless this year.

Let’s leave it to the North and Hawks fans to sprinkle this thread with salt.

Sirlemsip

Club Legend
May 5, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Teams competing for top 4:
Brisbane
Port Adelaide
Richmond
Geelong
St Kilda
Bulldogs

Teams fighting to make the top 8:
Collingwood
West Coast
Melbourne
Carlton
GWS
Fremantle
Gold Coast

Teams attempting to avoid the spoon:
Hawthorn
Sydney
Essendon
Adelaide
North Melbourne

Nov 14, 2019
Brisbane
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Liverpool
I’d love to see St Kilda have a genuine shot at our first flag in 55 years. However, in 2021 I think Rich, Port, Bris and even WC will still be too huge a task to beat in finals if any our key players are injured especially in defence. Still I have great excitement for the future with Ratts at the helm.

Idk when it’s gonna happen but I hope we can have more flags than Marlion Pickett one day.

puppy_dog7

Premiership Player
Jul 29, 2007
AFL Club
St Kilda
1. Brisbane (Will improve again and should be early season favourites for the flag)
2. Port Adelaide (May drop more slightly depending on how other improvers go. But should be there abouts. Will have a harder fixture next year you’d think)
3. St.Kilda (Home games back at Marvel, more improvement again from majority of the list. Bullish we finish at least top 4)
4. Richmond

5. Geelong (Last tilt at a flag with this list)
6. West Coast (Should be there abouts again)
7. Western Bulldogs (Could be higher up or even a bit lower. Hard to predict especially before trade period.)
8. Gold Coast (Finally the year they make the step up. Tonnes of top tier young quality that will improve again. Ran out of gas this year. A full year with Rowell makes them look stronger.

9. Carlton (Just not their yet. Will be better again. But just don’t see the spread of quality across their list yet. Too many inconsistent players and B-C graders.)
10. Melbourne (Really good quality top 6 players, but their depth and spread of quality is thin.)
11. GWS (Still a strong midfield and good spread of talent. But hard to cover the players leaving.
12. Collingwood (Still have plenty of quality, but Pendles and Sidebottom another year older, Treloar and Stephenson our the door doesn’t bode well.)
13. Sydney. (Could surprise a lot and finish 8th-10th. Have some quality younger players and they are always competitive.)
14. Fremantle. (Could well be higher just like Sydney. A really good backline, Good young Ruck and some good quality mids coming through. Bottom 5 players still a concern tho.)
15. Adelaide (Not as bad as where they finished last year. We’re always competitive and still have some quality senior players.
16. Essendon (Could be 12-15 but they lack quality at either end.)
17. Hawthorn (Just can’t see where the improvement comes from
18. North (rebuilding)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Barry_Badrinath

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 23, 2011
Bathing in Premiership Glory
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Grand Finals at the Gabba
I'll predict pretty much this years ladder with a couple of changes:

1. My team to finish 3-4 places higher due to all the great kids we have coming through. If my team made the top 4 this year I'll tip them for the flag.
2. This years bolter to make big strides next year and be a smokey for the flag.
3. This years slider to continue to slide into spoon contention.
4. Absolutely no team that had a bit of a down year to bounce back in 2020, unless they were my team

Mar 30, 2008
The Phase Realm
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
South Freo , Coney Island Warriors.
For everyone except Richmond. Doesn't matter if they get 7 straight at the G or 16 straight on the road. The Tiges get it done anywhere anytime.

Anytime except from 1980 - 2016 ( 36 years )

Hamsatma

Club Legend
Jun 19, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
Impossible to predict really but will have a crack. Order a bit iffy so tried to lump into categories (Assuming cameron goes through to Geelong)

1. Brisbane (core players improving, whether or not daniher fit should at least hold)
  2. Geelong (father time still a year or two off, cameron massive)
  3. Richmond (Stars still in prime, jack and cotch starting to fall off but weren't keys this year so not a massive loss)
    -------
  4. West Coast (If they stay fit still have elite talent)
  5. Port Adelaide (Will drop off slightly, older players dropping off and younger players improving cancel out, lose adelaide advantage)
  6. Western Bulldogs (Should be here at least on talent alone, if bruce pulled his finger out and English put on some kgs they'd be genuine contenders)
    --------
  7. St Kilda (Not as bullish on saints, should hold ground at least)
  8. Collingwood (purported list changes hard to call at this stage, top 4 or comfortably miss 8 all possibilities)
  9. Melbourne (Ben Brown good get if they can clean up kicking efficiency, have underperformed recently so hard to have too much confidence)
  10. Carlton (should improve based on additions and maturing young players, how much?)
  11. GWS (culture seems shot but enough talent to win games)
    ------
  12. Sydney (with a good injury run)
  13. Freo
  14. Gold Coast
  15. Essendon
  16. Adelaide
  17. Hawthorn
  18. North (shortest price spoon favourites since the expansion clubs)

Overall pretty similar to this year but most years tend to be with 1-2 changes. No one in the 8 clearly looks to fall off, I'm a bit less bullish on the saints than some so if I had to pick two to drop I'd pick them and the pies (who are pretty hard to call). Melbourne and Carlton should be risers but nothing suggest they should be guaranteed finals picks. Top 5 from this year seem good to go for another year and I'd be very surprised if any of them missed.

Last edited:

Blues90

Club Legend
Oct 24, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
Geelong
Port
Tigers
Lions
Bulldog
Saitns
eagles
Carlton
Gold coast
Collingwood(there will be so many cries about this but their midfield won't be better it will be worse fwd line? Backline? Even in afl defence still wins flags Richmond get after everyone and Collingwood have too many "look at me" players"
Hawks
Melbourne
Essendon (dunkley will walk in their best player inside and out)
Sydney
Adelaide
North

Occidental

Club Legend
Oct 2, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
1 Port Adelaide
2 Richmond
3 Collingwood
4 St Kilda
5 Brisbane
6 Geelong
7 Carlton
8 Western Bulldogs
9 West Coast
10 Fremantle
11 Gold Coast
12 GWS
13 Sydney
14 Melbourne
15 Adelaide
16 Essendon
17 Hawthorn
18 North Melbourne

andon

Team Captain
Jul 26, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Liverpool FC
Port Adelaide
Brisbane
Richmond
St Kilda
WestCoast
Geelong
Bulldogs
Melbourne

Freemantle
Carlton
GWS
GoldCoast
Sydney
Hawthorn
Collingwood
Hawthron
Essendon
North

Dec 19, 2011
Ballarat
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Man Utd, Seattle SuperSonics, SA Spurs
RICH Too strong and will get the G spot next year.
PORT If their season runs well, it it doesn't they miss the eight.
BRIS Lots to like, I believe they're two years away from wining the cup.
GEEL Another that could miss the eight, but shouldn't based on their list. its all in the mind.
WEST a strong team that i'm expecting to bounce back.
SAINTS on the way up.
BULL on the way up.
CARL Stars will be more mature. on the way up.
Oh my, how does one find that?

lvandinter

Premiership Player
Jul 5, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Storm, McLaren F1, Man Utd
Tigers Back at the G; in 21

Richmond
Geelong
Port
Brisbane
Carlton
St Kilda
Bulldogs
Melbourne

GWS
Fremantle
Gold Coast
Collingwood
Essendon
Sydney
Hawthorn
Adelaide
North
It’s good West Coast don’t exist anymore!!

Back